SWAC Bands play to see who can blast the loudest

Let me first start by saying the addition of bcu and famu will be good for the SWAC because of the halftime entertainment they’ll bring .... I’ll acknowledge that...they built their names on halftime... now as far as a zero quarter or fifth quarter.... ummmm y’all book gone have to get longer homie... SWAC OGs telling you right ... in the age of social media y’all will get buried trying to run a throwback Thursday set in the stands.... JSU learns bare minimum 70-80 songs a season.... we not all rap , and today’s r&b either... and we hope to see bcu and famu in memorial moving forward.... it’s been awhile.

Two things FAMU and BCU just don't have. They're HUGE...GLARING neglected areas that prevent that bandhead LOVE from paying them the respect they deserve as great programs. IYKYK... I'd say what they are but then I'd be called a HATER by Rattlers and Wildcats and ....oh well...ask me and I'll lay it all out there.
Inquiring minds want to know.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
First of all, FUuuk white people. They have nothing to do with my comment. Why would it when they have stolen everything that we have created in music? Come on brutha? Please don’t go there.

Your love, honor, glory and praises to Southern University is cute and all, but someone with decades and deep SU ties like me don’t have to click on SU clips to get a point about the SWAC or the Jukebox.

Your comment doesn’t change what the MEAC or SWAC has been or has become. One conference has been more musical and dynamic focused more than the other for decades. One has had more “soul” and “flavor” than the other for decades now as well. At the end of the day, true musicians who take music seriously know the facts. Also, SU has had some very nice ballads, but to say they have had the best for “decades” is a bold statement than can easily be rebuffed. This isn’t coming from some random marching band Joe. Please believe me when I say that I have the resume to make that comment.

There has been a world outside of the SWAC for decades my brutha. There is also a world inside of the SWAC that it seems that you are missing as well. Jackson State and PVAMU has some very nice ballads in there libraries throughout the decades if you missed them. FAMU, BCU and Tennessee State have a ballad voice as well.
All Hail! Well written Sinfonian.

famu should come in and already be one of the top 3 bands halftime wise. Y’all have always put on a good show during halftime.

i hope famu & bcu has enough of a travel budget to go to some of the away games in the SWAC. I’d love to see a FAMU-UAPB, FAMU-PV, or BCU-TxSU battle, some stuff we’ve never seen before

Are you suggesting that MEAC bands did not travel to "away" games?

Are you suggesting that MEAC bands did not travel to "away" games?

when I look on YouTube, I rarely see FAMU & Cookman at Morgan State, Norfolk, NCAT, NCCU, Delaware State, Howard, Hampton etc

they may go every other year to those places, but the only away stadium I constantly saw the 100 & Marching Wildcats travel to was SCSU. I may be wrong, but that’s just what I have observed.

when I look on YouTube, I rarely see FAMU & Cookman at Morgan State, Norfolk, NCAT, NCCU, Delaware State, Howard, Hampton etc

they may go every other year to those places, but the only away stadium I constantly saw the 100 & Marching Wildcats travel to was SCSU. I may be wrong, but that’s just what I have observed.
FAMU sometimes makes the trip to NC Central in Durham and NCA&T in Greensboro. It costs a lot to move bands their size.

why have a band a size that you cant afford to travel?
Most SWAC fans would prefer seeing BCU over FAMU. BCU has a competitive band, drum majors and dance team. FAMU is stuck on it's legacy, which is the pre Champion years. FAMU has blood stains on it's hands, which has tarnished it's legacy for life.

Last edited:
Most SWAC fans would prefer seeing BCU over FAMU. BCU has a competitive band, drum majors and dance team. FAMU is stuck on it's legacy, which is the pre Champion years. FAMU has blood stains on it's hands, which has tarnish it's legacy for life.
Their legacy took a really bad hit because of what happened to Robert Champion (RIP) but they have recovered from that pretty good. The program is coming back strong and they will be just fine. As far as BCU, I have heard more people say that they would rather see FAMU than BCU.

FAMU sometimes makes the trip to NC Central in Durham and NCA&T in Greensboro. It costs a lot to move bands their size.
Much of the fame/notoriety the Southern University Marching Band has acheived has been due in small part to its willingness to travel to opposing venues, however hostile, and come out on top.

Most SWAC fans would prefer seeing BCU over FAMU. BCU has a competitive band, drum majors and dance team. FAMU is stuck on it's legacy, which is the pre Champion years. FAMU has blood stains on it's hands, which has tarnished it's legacy for life.
Well this unfortunate incident happened 10 years ago. It was sad for everyone and we paid the price. We have been featured and mentioned a few times since 2011. The band is a must-see and I guarantee the attendance in your stadium will double if word gets out that the world famous FAMU Marching 100 is in town.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

who in the hell told you this? Lmao

FAMU brings way more entertainment than BCU

Back