SWAC Bands play to see who can blast the loudest

So we just going to ignore the BCU v bama state 5th from 2012?

Is that what happens when a swac band runs out of "real songs" ?

I know BCU not on here talking about schools running out of songs....lol

They have 10 "songs" max. Sing half of them. and when they get on the field, they march 5 steps and stand in place. Do yall practice?

I know BCU not on here talking about schools running out of songs....lol

They have 10 "songs" max. Sing half of them. and when they get on the field, they march 5 steps and stand in place. Do yall practice?
Says 3 song second half jsu and don't give me that swac rules nonsense either.

Whether we play 5 songs or 3 or 1 in the 2nd half, we have a BOOK. Yall dont.

....and if you talkin about ATL, if we had won that game, you would have seen a party in the stands and the BOOM would have blown yall back to FL. You gotta step ya game up in the SWAC. Scrubbing the ground and singing aint gone work.

Most SWAC bands remind me of being stopped at a traffic light and all of a sudden this car opens up with loud speakers in his car that can be heard blasting a block away. Yes, it loud and impressive but it actually noise hiding behind a melody.

you sound bout crazy as hell lmao

please tell me you don’t go to games to hear bands DURING the game. That’s what school songs, fanfares, and chants are for.

the 0 quarter, 5th quarter and halftime is where you shine in the SWAC. No band director wants to have their band fined or the football team penalized because of constant playing while the game is going on.

I will say this that those loud blasting bands know who they are. I was a freshman in the 100 and got a chance to watch and march with George Edwards, former PrairieView band director. William McQueen was in my freshman class. The 100 still performs a couple of his arranegements that he wrote while a student at FAMU. He did some wonderful things with PrairieView. He had one of the coolest and talented bothers I have ever met. He died too soon.

Last edited:
you sound bout crazy as hell lmao

please tell me you don’t go to games to hear bands DURING the game. That’s what school songs, fanfares, and chants are for.

the 0 quarter, 5th quarter and halftime is where you shine in the SWAC. No band director wants to have their band fined or the football team penalized because of constant playing while the game is going on.
Uhm why are you there if not to actually play?

Uhm why are you there if not to actually play?
@atl hornet's last sentence summed everything up. You will get your playing in but they are not going to take money away from their school by getting fined for playing at the wrong time. In my opinion, both FAMU and BCU will need to step their battle game up being in the SWAC. There is a whole different culture in the SWAC. They are cut throat. I know neither school will "change" their style but there better be some added flair to what y'all do if you want to win the average SWAC band head over.

FAMU and BCU will need to step their battle game up being in the SWAC.
Excuse me sir, that’s not going to happen...The 100 will not change their formula just because we are in a new conference....
if you want to win the average SWAC band head over
The 100 presence at games will not be to satisfy the so called “SWAC band head”. What a lot of you tend to forget is that the band head population accounts for such a small percent at games...The overall general population at home or away games, or even Classic games are there for halftime...That has and always will be FAMU’s strength and priority...Yeah, any band can get out there and do a halftime show, but can your halftime show actually entertain the crowd....When the average spectator comments on what a band did for halftime, that lets you know it was something memorable that stood out. However when the average spectator can’t remember NOTHING a particular band did at halftime, that indicates a low level, lack luster entertainment FAILED halftime show.....For many years, FAMU’s Marching 100 has and always will be the band that others are measured by.....

When it comes to playing in the stands, we do what we do best. Our SONORITY of sound sets us apart from other bands....I’d be a fool to say there aren’t any good bands within the SWAC, because there are...Every band has their own flair and style. So with that being said, FAMU and BCU will just add more meat to the table...No love lost or hatred gained....

Excuse me sir, that’s not going to happen...The 100 will not change their formula just because we are in a new conference....

The 100 presence at games will not be to satisfy the so called “SWAC band head”. What a lot of you tend to forget is that the band head population accounts for such a small percent at games...The overall general population at home or away games, or even Classic games are there for halftime...That has and always will be FAMU’s strength and priority...Yeah, any band can get out there and do a halftime show, but can your halftime show actually entertain the crowd....When the average spectator comments on what a band did for halftime, that lets you know it was something memorable that stood out. However when the average spectator can’t remember NOTHING a particular band did at halftime, that indicates a low level, lack luster entertainment FAILED halftime show.....For many years, FAMU’s Marching 100 has and always will be the band that others are measured by.....

When it comes to playing in the stands, we do what we do best. Our SONORITY of sound sets us apart from other bands....I’d be a fool to say there aren’t any good bands within the SWAC, because there are...Every band has their own flair and style. So with that being said, FAMU and BCU will just add more meat to the table...No love lost or hatred gained....
I conceded the fact that FAMU or BCU won't change their formula and for that reason, you will never "win" a battle in the SWAC (unless another year 2000 band shows up). I put win in quotations because there will probably never be a truly adjudicated contest. I appreciate what both styles bring to the stadium.

The 100 presence at games will not be to satisfy the so called “SWAC band head”. What a lot of you tend to forget is that the band head population accounts for such a small percent at games...The overall general population at home or away games, or even Classic games are there for halftime...That has and always will be FAMU’s strength and priority...
See, to me, there lies the misconception. The band head population shows up for the 0 and 5th quarters. There are band heads like me that will be there for the game but the moment either band strikes (no pun intended) up, my full attention is on who ever is playing. Granted, halftime is your time to shine but in the SWAC, there is a lot of weight put on what you do in the stands. The 100 says they are there to play for the crowd and their alumni, but your alumni will get you skull dragged in a stand battle. SOS, Just Got Paid, Tribute to Bob Marley and The 100's other standard tunes are not going cut it in the 0 or 5th quarter.

SOS, Just Got Paid, Tribute to Bob Marley and The 100's other standard tunes are not going cut it in the 0 or 5th quarter.
LOL.....Do you actually think that this is our entire repertoire. Those you mentioned are just (crowd favorite hyped ) songs. Those songs you mentioned are no different than what JSU plays (The Show, etc., etc.) and Southern's (Do What you wanna, Lil Jon's "headbussa and OKay" etc., etc.,) If you are referring to CRANKIN rap tunes with drum breaks, we have done that also. Anything from classical, jazz, blues, bi bop to hip hop, we have that as well. Sidenote: playing everything triple Forte, does not constitute a "W". "LOUD is not a skill."

There are no rules written anywhere on what a band can play in the 0 quarter or the 5th quarter. It's simply to showcase talent, execution and the arrangement of pieces by the band for the sheer enjoyment of the spectators. FAMU, unlike many of the SWAC bands as you stated is not a stand band. Our strength is not the stands, it is the field. PERIODT!!!!!!!!!

LOL.....Do you actually think that this is our entire repertoire. Those you mentioned are just (crowd favorite hyped ) songs. Those songs you mentioned are no different than what JSU plays (The Show, etc., etc.) and Southern's (Do What you wanna, Lil Jon's "headbussa and OKay" etc., etc.,) If you are referring to CRANKIN rap tunes with drum breaks, we have done that also. Anything from classical, jazz, blues, bi bop to hip hop, we have that as well. Sidenote: playing everything triple Forte, does not constitute a "W". "LOUD is not a skill."

There are no rules written anywhere on what a band can play in the 0 quarter or the 5th quarter. It's simply to showcase talent, execution and the arrangement of pieces by the band for the sheer enjoyment of the spectators. FAMU, unlike many of the SWAC bands as you stated is not a stand band. Our strength is not the stands, it is the field. PERIODT!!!!!!!!!
You are missing my point. The bands you mentioned most likely won’t call those tunes in a battle. I don’t base what I like on who was the loudest. I’m a life long Marching 100 fan but I just want want a battle to be a little more even.

famu should come in and already be one of the top 3 bands halftime wise. Y’all have always put on a good show during halftime.

i hope famu & bcu has enough of a travel budget to go to some of the away games in the SWAC. I’d love to see a FAMU-UAPB, FAMU-PV, or BCU-TxSU battle, some stuff we’ve never seen before

Appreciate the love cuz....

FAMU is alright with me for the most part. They were the first HBCU band I was exposed to, and my HS directors were FAMU grads.

i have all the world for the 100 & Marching Wildcats. I just prefer the SWAC style. Sound wise I hope y’all don’t change because diversity is good. FAMU understands how to battle in a 5th quarter but Cookman will need to step it up

FAMU is alright with me for the most part. They were the first HBCU band I was exposed to, and my HS directors were FAMU grads.

i have all the world for the 100 & Marching Wildcats. I just prefer the SWAC style. Sound wise I hope y’all don’t change because diversity is good. FAMU understands how to battle in a 5th quarter but Cookman will need to step it up
BCU will be fine please understand the game is haltime first, team support second, BCU fanbase third and when ever we feel like it everyone else fourth.

The band battles in the SWAC are going to be something to look at. The 100 will have the full band this fall christening the SWAC fans to some awesome sound. I know all the bands will be up to face us. I can’t wait.👌

Two things FAMU and BCU just don't have. They're HUGE...GLARING neglected areas that prevent that bandhead LOVE from paying them the respect they deserve as great programs. IYKYK... I'd say what they are but then I'd be called a HATER by Rattlers and Wildcats and ....oh well...ask me and I'll lay it all out there.

Back