SWAC Bands play to see who can blast the loudest

Rattler73

I don’t know if I will be able to handle the noise. Bodies moving up and down as they play and jaws puffing up like frogs. This is not music it is like being next to someone with a boom box blasting in the car. I ll bring my ear plugs.

I don’t know if I will be able to handle the noise. Bodies moving up and down as they play and jaws puffing up like frogs. This is not music it is like being next to someone with a boom box blasting in the car. I ll bring my ear plugs.
Tread lightly bro.....SWAC country is eyeing us.....LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Two different styles.

And this statement coming from a person who's school was all about seeing how many numbers they could put on the field! Funny when your band was investigated for the hazing murder of a Drum Major, the findings exposed you all had over 160+ band members in uniform who didn't even attend FAMU! It was all about "the perception" of size of the field, but y'all was suiting up any and everyone who could tote an instrument. Also, how the hell does a DM get hazed by band members is still beyond me, but I digress this point....

But hey, y'all can keep on marching 7 and 5 and 6 and 3 Drum Majors from year to year (no consistency) and playing marches and show tunes every dayum year.......... yawn...… zzzzz!

Last edited:
And this statement coming from a person who's school was all about seeing how many numbers they could put on the field! Funny when your band was investigated for the hazing murder of a Drum Major, the findings exposed you all had over 160+ band members in uniform who didn't even attend FAMU! It was all about "the perception" of size of the field, but y'all was suiting up any and everyone who could tote an instrument. Also, how the hell does a DM get hazed by band members is still beyond me, but I digress this point....

But hey, y'all can keep on marching 7 and 5 and 6 and 3 Drum Majors from year to year (no consistency) and playing marches and show tunes every dayum year.......... yawn...… zzzzz!
I think in the 2000’s we have shown the SWAC schools especially Southern what good sound and pageantry is all about. We will always be the draw for fans and are consistently at the top of the heap. Yes we had some knuckleheads that committed murder but we paid the price. We are still here with our “honest” band director.

I think in the 2000’s we have shown the SWAC schools especially Southern what good sound and pageantry is all about. We will always be the draw for fans and are consistently at the top of the heap. Yes we had some knuckleheads that committed murder but we paid the price. We are still here with our “honest” band director.

Well the 160+ plus members that weren't even registered students at FAMU shows the "honesty" of you Band Directors, but hey y'all can continue to post numbers for the sack of posting numbers on the field......

Yeah, bring your ear plugs, or just stay home and watch on the tube. Wonder why all these band ratings organizations down through the years have named and continue to name the Southern Univers1ity Marching Band as the best in the nation.

Like you, we too have had our share of knuckleheads, and, like you, we too have paid a hefty price. We too are still here with an "honest" band director, but more importantly, our marching band is the best in the country.

Yall bring that boring bs to the SWAC and y’all gone get booed out a stadium.

We are definitely not boring we just play well and people enjoy. I guess boring to you is not going up and down and blasting away. Your dancers don't dance like hoochies, they have style and don't deserve that noise. We could blast like SWAC bands but what's the point, people know the difference and it is clear.We can be gangsta as well as symphonic with a balanced sound. We are not going to change our style and I guarantee serious JSU fans will love the "100". See you in Miami...

better than the human zzzquil aka FAMU Marching 100 & BCU Marching Wildcats!

when I marched for Bama State in 08 & we went down to Tallahassee, y’all had about 340 members. I literally watched half of y’all band on halftime who didn’t know the field show.

i wish we could replace FAMU and Cookman with Norfolk & NCAT

anyways my real SWAC brothers good luck to y’all this season and hopefully we can face each other in the fall!

AAMU, JSU & Bama State sound great this spring year. SU sounded amazing during the inauguration.

Guys

when I marched for Bama State in 08 & we went down to Tallahassee, y’all had about 340 members. I literally watched half of y’all band on halftime who didn’t know the field show.

anyways my real SWAC brothers good luck to y’all this season and hopefully we can face each other in the fall!

AAMU, JSU & Bama State sound great this spring year. SU sounded amazing during the inauguration.
We are going to be large again and in spite of all the lies about FAMU not being prepared, we are going to enjoy blowing the SWAC bands away. The fans will know and so will you. We have big city highly educated students that understand the inner city culture very well and can relate to everyone rap or R&B. We are an upgrade to the conference. :)

You think we’re excited to listen to that gentrified ass music FAMU plays? LOL Welcome to the board. Feel free to post videos of FAMU’s band. They’ll come in handy for those who are low on melatonin.
We play it all. Every band can't do that...

Last edited:
We are definitely not boring we just play well and people enjoy. I guess boring to you is not going up and down and blasting away. Your dancers don't dance like hoochies, they have style and don't deserve that noise. We could blast like SWAC bands but what's the point, people know the difference and it is clear.We can be gangsta as well as symphonic with a balanced sound. We are not going to change our style and I guarantee serious JSU fans will love the "100". See you in Miami...

please don’t bring what you played against SU. Those rap, funk & r&b songs y’all played.... white-washed! There’s talks of a BOTB that weekend. The bands will do what they do. The world will respond. Good luck. See you in Miami.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Boooed?????? Are you freakin serious? The Marching '100' has never been booed while visiting any home team stadium. We always housed out wherever we went, including Jackson, Ms. PLEASE BELIEVE IT.....FAMU strength has always been the field show, not the stands. Yeah, JSU can blow loud all day long to the cows come home, but the majority of the crowd has left the stadium for a 5th quarter. But, when it comes to that field, the '100' always, and I mean always, steals the home teams' crowd. That is where the majority of the crowd witnesses the bands performance during halftime.

You keep referring to 08'.......Dr. Oliver knew he needed to recruit that year for ASU's band, because he already knew what he was going up against. However, Bama State's band was big, but not larger than us. Nonetheless, Bama State's halftime show was nothing to marvel about, it basically was a snooze fest.😴😴 Besides, anytime a band has to use gimmicks to get house, is a cop out, hence (honey bees)😆😆. Our show still ran circles around Bama State's, hell it wasn't even close, and you know that.

We can't be too boring, as many time as we came to The Gump (battle of the bands) in the past and housed out in Alabama State's own back yard. Man please!!!!!!!

our marching band is the best in the country.
I stopped reading right there. When the "pukebox" gets a Sudler trophy, .........................................................................Call Us. Until then, SHUT UP......

Wonder why all these band ratings organizations down through the years have named and continue to name the Southern Univers1ity Marching Band as the best in Louisiana...
There, I fixed it for you...

You think we’re excited to listen to that gentrified ass music FAMU plays? LOL Welcome to the board. Feel free to post videos of FAMU’s band. They’ll come in handy for those who are low on melatonin.
Do you honestly think the sonic "pop" of the south is even a threat to us. JSU could NEVER....... We are of a higher standard and an elite caliber style of playing. JSU is good at what they do, but they just simply don't compare to The '100'.......

Boooed?????? Are you freakin serious? The Marching '100' has never been booed while visiting any home team stadium. We always housed out wherever we went, including Jackson, Ms. PLEASE BELIEVE IT.....FAMU strength has always been the field show, not the stands. Yeah, JSU can blow loud all day long to the cows come home, but the majority of the crowd has left the stadium for a 5th quarter. But, when it comes to that field, the '100' always, and I mean always, steals the home teams' crowd. That is where the majority of the crowd witnesses the bands performance during halftime.
Ok lol. You keep living off the past

Back