Swac 2012 Football Attendance - Week 1

Part of the problem is that the high school football season didn't start until the week after Labor day and we would get a lot of the high school people to the game. Now with the high school season beginning in what they call "week 0", a lot of the schools are playing that weekend and we lost a lot of patrons because of that.

There weren't THAT many Saturday games last weekend.

You two Texas schools have two of the largest budgets in the SWAC with one of the most fertile grounds for football players but yet you can't put a better product on the field and market yourself better. You have no one to blame but yourselves. All of those excuses are humbug and for the birds. S.U. and Grambling went to Houston in 2005 and outdrew you all in your own state with a non cable National Television audience and you have the nerves to talk about that is one thing that is hindering attendance? "Alrighty" then! :lol: :emlaugh:

Having a large budget has nothing to do with attendance, we are funding all of our athletic teams that the Swac competes in....are you?

How can you compare the 2 games that was played in Houston when one was started in the 70's and have a proven track record for the game vs the other that started in the mid 80's in a city that has so many other options for the entertainment dollar. That weekend people choose what game to spend their money on and with so many transplants in Houston from Louisiana you knew what they were going to do. You also had the backing of college gameday behind you.

There weren't THAT many Saturday games last weekend.

It doesn't matter anymore because you have lost that crowd and people will only spend so much money on entertainment on the same weekend.

Now both schools don't even promote the game together. The school located in Houston will not even come to the table to work together on this game and will be banking on the fans from this year to fill BBVA Stadium (22k) next year. They will get it based off the work done from the host school this year.

Let's cut to the chase and cease with the BS. If PV and Texas Southern weren't so sorry on a consistent basis, FOLKS WOULD PAY TO ATTEND no matter where they're playing!!

I attended the game last year. What you are forgetting is FAMU and S.U. have alumni that live in Atlanta. You have alumni that's sitting in your back yard that want support your program. In addition to the FAMU & S.U. crowd, I would say that you had about 1/4 or better of people that didn't attend either school. You two Texas schools have two of the largest budgets in the SWAC with one of the most fertile grounds for football players but yet you can't put a better product on the field and market yourself better. You have no one to blame but yourselves. All of those excuses are humbug and for the birds. S.U. and Grambling went to Houston in 2005 and outdrew you all in your own state with a non cable National Television audience and you have the nerves to talk about that is one thing that is hindering attendance? "Alrighty" then! :lol: :emlaugh:

We can go round and round on this subject until we get dizzy but I'll take Meclizine. You just proved my point about the ATL Classic- 1/4 is 25% so let's do the math if 50K attented the game and 25% were non alumni of both schools that equates to 12,500 locals came out and 37,500 alumni attended the game. Again, you proved my point- SU is known to support the school and alumni ini the area do not get many chances to see SU in the area so not surprised about the turnout. As I stated before, TSU has ~40,000 alumni in the area that did NOT grow-up with a tradition of tailgating as a family and friends affair. TSU is a commuter school, so they went to class and went home. If I had to guess as a student at SU you attended the game-right? So, this is why you continue to attend as an alum.

We can agree to disagree. All I know- right click and save, TSU is late coming to the party in regards to investing in it's Athletic Department but we are now and the future is VERY bright. And I sense that JSU, GSU, and PV are all taking notice and it concerns them. I LOVE IT!

Let's cut to the chase and cease with the BS. If PV and Texas Southern weren't so sorry on a consistent basis, FOLKS WOULD PAY TO ATTEND no matter where they're playing!!

You are correct in that the two teams have had decades of not being winners but you do realize those days are over.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE] Now both schools don't even promote the game together. The school located in Houston will not even come to the table to work together on this game and will be banking on the fans from this year to fill BBVA Stadium (22k) next year. They will get it based off the work done from the host school this year.[/QUOTE]

Hold up buddy- This year you were the home team so it was your job to promote. Now, next year when the game ias played in the new home of TSU football then we will promote the game. In my mind this is a home-home game and the stadium will be packed to the rafters because of the recent close games in the serious. I know that PV can't wait to go after us for revenge and will show-up in droves. PV hate losing to us more than we hate losing to them.

Now both schools don't even promote the game together. The school located in Houston will not even come to the table to work together on this game and will be banking on the fans from this year to fill BBVA Stadium (22k) next year. They will get it based off the work done from the host school this year.[/QUOTE]

Hold up buddy- This year you were the home team so it was your job to promote. Now, next year when the game ias played in the new home of TSU football then we will promote the game. In my mind this is a home-home game and the stadium will be packed to the rafters because of the recent close games in the serious. I know that PV can't wait to go after us for revenge and will show-up in droves. PV hate losing to us more than we hate losing to them.[/QUOTE]

In past years the game was promoted together by both schools and until recently your school decided they did not want to do that anymore. No matter who was the home team we both did it together. Look at the BC, both schools have a commitment to work together and promote their game no matter who is the designated home team.

Now both schools don't even promote the game together. The school located in Houston will not even come to the table to work together on this game and will be banking on the fans from this year to fill BBVA Stadium (22k) next year. They will get it based off the work done from the host school this year.

Hold up buddy- This year you were the home team so it was your job to promote. Now, next year when the game ias played in the new home of TSU football then we will promote the game. In my mind this is a home-home game and the stadium will be packed to the rafters because of the recent close games in the serious. I know that PV can't wait to go after us for revenge and will show-up in droves. PV hate losing to us more than we hate losing to them.[/QUOTE]

In past years the game was promoted together by both schools and until recently your school decided they did not want to do that anymore. No matter who was the home team we both did it together. Look at the BC, both schools have a commitment to work together and promote their game no matter who is the designated home team.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that is constant is change.

Lol!!! TP I was thinking the same thing.. I didnt know nevermind ..

What do some of you consider turning the corner and being known as a WINNER!! Im not UNDERSTANDING.

I'm not speaking of the proverbial turning the corner but the long-term commitment to building an entire athletic program. I will give you just a snippet of what I mean: 1) Administration focus on Academics and Athletics; 2) coaching hires; 3) upgrade facilities; 4) Increased revenue because of #3; 5) Academic infrastructure for student athletes;6) All sports will be above APR requirements once the next report comes out;7) compliance in place; 8) all of the above leads to better recruits which leads to more wins which leads to being competitive for championships and that my friend is our path and our future. So again, we are late getting to the party but we are now here. What else do you need to know about THE TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY?!?!?

Last edited:
I'm not speaking of the proverbial turning the corner but the longterm commitment to building an entire athletic program. I will give you just a snippet of what I mean: 1) Administration focus on Academics and Athletics; 2) coaching hires; 3) upgrade facilities; 4) Increased revenue because of #3; 5) Academic infracture for student athletes;6) All sports will be above APR requirements once the next report comes out;7) compliance in place; 8) all of the above leads to better recruits which leads to more wins which leads to being competeive for championships and that my friend is our path and our future. So again, we are late getting to the party but we are now here. What else do you need to know about THE TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY?!?!?

:tup::tup:

I'm not speaking of the proverbial turning the corner but the longterm commitment to building an entire athletic program. I will give you just a snippet of what I mean: 1) Administration focus on Academics and Athletics; 2) coaching hires; 3) upgrade facilities; 4) Increased revenue because of #3; 5) Academic infracture for student athletes;6) All sports will be above APR requirements once the next report comes out;7) compliance in place; 8) all of the above leads to better recruits which leads to more wins which leads to being competeive for championships and that my friend is our path and our future. So again, we are late getting to the party but we are now here. What else do you need to know about THE TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY?!?!?

Mhurd hush bruh!!!!! Hey I just asked a question and you answered it about THE TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY!!!:lol::lol:

Goctha

Last edited:
Aren't you people in Texas? If there is anywhere in the nation where boots are worn, it would be in Texas. Instead of making all of these weak excuses, you people need to pull yourself up by the boot straps. Your football programs have a traditional bad product with administrators that have a questionable business acumen navigating it. It has nothing to do with the color of the sun, the way the wind is blowing are who is the anchor person for the 6pm news.

Back