Jackson State at Miss State
Attendance: 55082

Alabama A&M at Tuskegee
Attendance: 21400

Texas Southern at Prairie View A&M
Attendance: 22516

Alcorn St at Grambling
Attendance: 10000

Thats Bad!! for a season Opener valley ...and that stadium in port city is wayyy too big for only 10,000.....Now that the braves took down the G-Men ...you can expect the fans to be rolling Heavy next week

Thats Bad!! for a season Opener valley ...and that stadium in port city is wayyy too big for only 10,000.....Now that the braves took down the G-Men ...you can expect the fans to be rolling Heavy next week

Two Factors Led to the PCC Attendence Number:

1) There are Alcornites like me who realized that Grambling hasn't played Alcorn in Lorman since 2007. That was Broadway's first year. We figured why the hell go to game that is basically in the opponent's backyard? We refuse to go to a game that makes us basically the away team.

2) Hurricane Issac. Some folks who wanted to go could not because they had to attend to matters at home. Yes, I know Hurricanes die once they are on land but Flooding from the large amounts of rain can create numerous problems. Plus, we all should know Black people and rain don't mix :lol:.

Never trust an attendance number with 00 at the end.. that means somebody just put a number down. BTW there was more than 21400 at the AAMU-Skegee game.

There is always this talk about TSU's numbers but the mighty GSU and Alcorn game could not draw 20K plus???!!!! I know someone is going to say last year it rained and this year it was the Hurricane. The bottom line is that we all have issues with attendance because the Universe just has to be right for us to come out.

Last edited:
There is always this talk about TSU's numbers but the mighty GSU and Alcorn game could not draw 20K plus???!!!! I know someone is foing to say last year it rained and this year it was the Hurricane. The bottom line is that we all have issues with attendance because the Universe just has to be right for us to come out.
errr how did the MIGHTY GSU get in this Mhurd

There is always this talk about TSU's numbers but the mighty GSU and Alcorn game could not draw 20K plus???!!!! I know someone is foing to say last year it rained and this year it was the Hurricane. The bottom line is that we all have issues with attendance because the Universe just has to be right for us to come out.

Who is this "we" you speak of? Speak for your own fanbase.

Before the rain...
attachment.php

now will Grambling folks tell me why the SWAC Championship should be in Shreveport again? All 3 games in Birmingham more than doubled attendance of your "classic" game and that was with rainy weather.

now will Grambling folks tell me why the SWAC Championship should be in Shreveport again? All 3 games in Birmingham more than doubled attendance of your "classic" game and that was with rainy weather.

Because only alabama folks want to come to Birmingham, so yall will get the same alabama folks yall got today.

A SWAC championship game at the end of the year in a more central location has the potential to draw not only Grambling fans, but Southern fans, Jackson State fans, Alcorn fans, and Pine Bluff Fans and are all <4 hours away. The SWAC is a driving conference. Nobody want to come to birmingham, and yall just don't get that.

Because only alabama folks want to come to Birmingham, so yall will get the same alabama folks yall got today.

A SWAC championship game at the end of the year in a more central location has the potential to draw not only Grambling fans, but Southern fans, Jackson State fans, Alcorn fans, and Pine Bluff Fans and are all <4 hours away. The SWAC is a driving conference. Nobody want to come to birmingham, and yall just don't get that.
Jackson is > Shreveport.

sooooo what does that say about Shreveport? BTW... the "casual" fan aint going to the SWAC Championship in DECEMBER if their team aint in it, no matter how "close" it is.

sooooo what does that say about Shreveport? BTW... the "casual" fan aint going to the SWAC Championship in DECEMBER if their team aint in it, no matter how "close" it is.

I agree, I have never gone to a SCG where A&M was not playing.

SWAC alums are not going to attend any ball game unless their team is playing. We have over ten thousand SWAC alums living in Huntsville and they are not going to support another SWAC school games. It is not about Birmingham, they will not attend.

The drive wouldn't be so bad if the states of Mississippi and Louisaina would do something about I-20. It has to be the worst interstate highway in the country. It's not fair to ask us to tear up our cars because your sorry ass states refuse to do anything about I-20.

Back