Swac 2012 Football Attendance - Week 1

SWAC alums are not going to attend any ball game unless their team is playing. We have over ten thousand SWAC alums living in Huntsville and they are not going to support another SWAC school games. It is not about Birmingham, they will not attend.

I have. I have been to see Grambling in the SCG against one of them Bamma Schools.

The Port City Classic is being "wasted" on Conference games... No knock on Alcorn, but they and us need to keep this game home and home. The Grambling vs PB game should be home and home. The Gram vs JSU game should be home and home. I picked those three specifically because of the relative close proximity of the schools.

The PCC should be a "neutral" site game to play Sunbelt, SLC, MEAC, and other regional FBS or FCS programs. I'm sure either McNeese or Central Arkansas would draw 2Ok plus to open the season.

The drive wouldn't be so bad if the states of Mississippi and Louisaina would do something about I-20. It has to be the worst interstate highway in the country. It's not fair to ask us to tear up our cars because your sorry ass states refuse to do anything about I-20.

You're a damn lie.

I just drove to Atlanta and back this weekend. The worst roads I encountered were in Alabama. I-20 east of Birmingham is the raggediest piece of road I've ever seen and it's been that way for at least four years. I was pissed off all of the way through that raggedy-ass state. Almost tore my truck up trying to get the hell out of there. :mad::kaioken::angry:

Driving through Louisiana and Mississippi was like riding a magic carpet compared to Alabama's crappy roads.

MSU has a Conference USA stadium.

Most uninformed statement of the day.
If any SEC team has a Con-USA stadium it's Vanderbult at 39,000 and no luxary amenities. USM is larger than Vandys stadium now since they did their expansion. :lol:

You do know Ms. State adding another 15,000 seats and Luxary boxes at seasons end for their 2nd expansion project. This one includes a jumbotron in the new bowled in section that is larger than the Texas Godzilla Tron. The one they got now is 2nd largest next to Godzilla Tron. Now they will have the 1st and 3rd largest on-campus video boards in the country.

They also spending $105 million on Athletics and facilities in the next 3 years. :lol:

Last edited:
Most uninformed statement of the day.
If any SEC team has a Con-USA stadium it's Vanderbult at 39,000 and no luxary amenities. USM is larger than Vandys stadium now since they did their expansion. :lol:

You do know Ms. State adding another 15,000 seats and Luxary boxes at seasons end for their 2nd expansion project. This one includes a jumbotron in the new bowled in section that is larger than the Texas Godzilla Tron. The one they got now is 2nd largest next to Godzilla Tron. Now they will have the 1st and 3rd largest on-campus video boards in the country.

They also spending $105 million on Athletics and facilities in the next 3 years. :lol:

compared to the real SEC schools... yes MSU stadium is Conference USA sized....their record crowd is 58k.... 58K????? Videoboards? We are talking about seatin capacity....

compared to the real SEC schools... yes MSU stadium is Conference USA sized....their record crowd is 58k.... 58K????? Videoboards? We are talking about seatin capacity....

Ahh.......... MSU and OLE Miss are real SEC schools. They are founding members.

I know you won't see it that way because all you see is Mississippi in front of the STATE. Miss State has an enrollment of only 20,000. They sell out all 60,000 for every SEC game. Even though they adding another 15,000 seats, Why in hell would they need a football stadium that holds 100,000. :lol:

They actually build shat that they need. Not shat to outdue others, that ain't gonna happen. They needed $30,000,000 for an indoor practice facility. They raised that in 15 months. They needed $25 million for a sports training facility. They raised that in 12 months. They needed $70 million for this next stadium expansion. They got that SINCE last years budget.

For a NONE REAL SEC school, I would say they doing OK. They only thing ya'll see athletic conferences for is football and don't take the entire school in the equation. Everybody don't have the SWAC mentality. You got a football team, you in. :lol:

Last edited:
The Port City Classic is being "wasted" on Conference games... No knock on Alcorn, but they and us need to keep this game home and home. The Grambling vs PB game should be home and home. The Gram vs JSU game should be home and home. I picked those three specifically because of the relative close proximity of the schools.

The PCC should be a "neutral" site game to play Sunbelt, SLC, MEAC, and other regional FBS or FCS programs. I'm sure either McNeese or Central Arkansas would draw 2Ok plus to open the season.

I totally agree 1000% :tup:

Ahh.......... MSU and OLE Miss are real SEC schools. They are founding members.

I know you won't see it that way because all you see is Mississippi in front of the STATE. Miss State has an enrollment of only 20,000. They sell out all 60,000 for every SEC game. Even though they adding another 15,000 seats, Why in hell would they need a football stadium that holds 100,000. :lol:

They actually build shat that they need. Not shat to outdue others, that ain't gonna happen. They needed $30,000,000 for an indoor practice facility. They raised that in 15 months. They needed $25 million for a sports training facility. They raised that in 12 months. They needed $70 million for this next stadium expansion. They got that SINCE last years budget.

For a NONE REAL SEC school, I would say they doing OK. They only thing ya'll see athletic conferences for is football and don't take the entire school in the equation. Everybody don't have the SWAC mentality. You got a football team, you in. :lol:

I'm pretty sure the whole point of the post was being the lone sellout is pretty pointless when their stadium is almost half the size of the largest SEC schools.

The Mew Mexico - SU game was the highest attended home opener in school history for New Mexico.

I'm pretty sure the whole point of the post was being the lone sellout is pretty pointless when their stadium is almost half the size of the largest SEC schools.

Yall fail to look at the total population of Mississippi. Most states in the south have 4-5 million more folks than Mississippi. As a matter of fact, population-wise, name me an SEC state that's got fewer folks than Mississippi. It's certainly not Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana or Arkansas.

So 55,000 people attended the MSU-JSU game. I wonder how many of those people were JSU fans. I would say around 10.000-15,000

Arkansas does but I see your point. Mississippi is not a state that will over build...
Yall fail to look at the total population of Mississippi. Most states in the south have 4-5 million more folks than Mississippi. As a matter of fact, population-wise, name me an SEC state that's got fewer folks than Mississippi. It's certainly not Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana or Arkansas.

And the point ya'll missing is why do they need a 100,000 seat stadium for a school with only 18,000. They sell out 60,000 at minimum $50 a ticket, and skyboxes at $200,000 grand per year, (5 year leases), they making all the money they need. People want a ticket, get them early.

Ain't nobody trying to go broke trying to outpace the Alabamas and Michigans of the facilities world. They build what they need. Kentucky got a 80,000 plus stadium and can't draw flies. Miss State has sold out every SEC game since Jackie Sherrell showed up in 1996 and no, that ain't because of the visiting fans. Them maroon necks are there early and stay late. :lol:

What else do you want? :noidea:

With two SEC teams and the limited population. A 70k seat MSU and 65 k for Ole piss is too much.. But continue with you love of all things Bama, Auburn, ect... Some Conf USA school are playing in borrowed old facilities...Come on DaHill don't be a homer all your life...

They ain't gonna see that. :lol:
Again, why do they need a 100,000 seat stadium? :noidea:

They clowing Miss State and Vanderbult stadium only seats 37,000 people and has not been renovated since the civil war. :lmao:

And the point ya'll missing is why do they need a 100,000 seat stadium for a school with only 18,000. They sell out 60,000 at minimum $50 a ticket, and skyboxes at $200,000 grand per year, (5 year leases), they making all the money they need. People want a ticket, get them early.

Ain't nobody trying to go broke trying to outpace the Alabamas and Michigans of the facilities world. They build what they need. Kentucky got a 80,000 plus stadium and can't draw flies. Miss State has sold out every SEC game since Jackie Sherrell showed up in 1996 and no, that ain't because of the visiting fans. Them maroon necks are there early and stay late. :lol:

What else do you want? :noidea:

My point is why brag about selling out a 55k stadium when you are in the SEC? Hell Bama gets more than that for a spring game. Bama has sold out EVERY game since 1988 and has a 4 year wait for season ticket holders. .... $50 tickets? Thats parking at a Bama game... $300 may get you a top nosebleed seat. Basically what Im saying is that in the SEC, Mississippi State is small time. They are down there with Ole Miss and Vandy.
This is a big time stadium

stadium1.jpg

Last edited:
CJ just hate anything Mississippi lol

aint got nothin to do with Mississippi.... just didnt undestand why he would come on here bragging about MSU being the only sold out SEC game. I could understand if he said the highest attended SEC game (which will never happen) but a 55k sold out game in the SEC?

My point is why brag about selling out a 55k stadium when you are in the SEC? Hell Bama gets more than that for a spring game. Bama has sold out EVERY game since 1988 and has a 4 year wait for season ticket holders. .... $50 tickets? Thats parking at a Bama game... $300 may get you a top nosebleed seat. Basically what Im saying is that in the SEC, Mississippi State is small time. They are down there with Ole Miss and Vandy.
This is a big time stadium

stadium1.jpg

The point is who gives a shyt Dahill. Each conf has it's juggernots/haves and it's half nots. Why you always got to interject when it's a Mississippi SEC team. Sheesh man. Florida has more cheedar than Bama and so does Ohio State and Texas. You made the point to bring up the Mississippi Schools. We know your beloved Bama and Auburn are the big dogs. No need to belittle the sister of the poor to prove how big Bama is. Sheesh...

aint got nothin to do with Mississippi.... just didnt undestand why he would come on here bragging about MSU being the only sold out SEC game. I could understand if he said the highest attended SEC game (which will never happen) but a 55k sold out game in the SEC?

It's not just this thread but everytime someone mentions MSU or Ole Piss you comapre them to Bama Schools. Everyone on the board knows it...

Back