Swac 2012 Football Attendance - Week 1

aint got nothin to do with Mississippi.... just didnt undestand why he would come on here bragging about MSU being the only sold out SEC game. I could understand if he said the highest attended SEC game (which will never happen) but a 55k sold out game in the SEC?

Dude................Who bragging? :noidea:
Unlike you, I'm just letting the unimformed hater know the real truth.........White or Black.

I just get sick of you foaming at the mouth everytime a subject come up and somebody say the name Mississippi. It's like someone trained you like an attack dog to lose your mind everytime you see the name Mississippi.

Besides.........YOU BAMMAS are the ones on here bragging all the time, licking SEC Bamma Nuts everytime those rednecks win a game. Ya'll act like ya'll went to Bamma instead of Bamma State and Bamma A&M. :lol:

Last edited:

My point is why brag about selling out a 55k stadium when you are in the SEC? Hell Bama gets more than that for a spring game. Bama has sold out EVERY game since 1988 and has a 4 year wait for season ticket holders. .... $50 tickets? Thats parking at a Bama game... $300 may get you a top nosebleed seat. Basically what Im saying is that in the SEC, Mississippi State is small time. They are down there with Ole Miss and Vandy.
This is a big time stadium

stadium1.jpg

My point is why you so worried about what BAMMA do anyway?
I don't GAS about Bammas BIG TIME Stadium.......... Who Cares? :noidea:

I was just correcting your misinformation. Unlike you and your precious BAMMA and Auburn, I really don't GAS about what Mississippi State do. Outside of one game every 3 years, it ain't gonna effect JSU one bit. You act like Bamma is going to donate money to Bamma A&M if you downgrade Mississippi with every breath and keystroke you make on a daily basis. :smh:

Last edited:
I didn't give Mississippi State vs Jsu a grade because 55000+ is expected from most SEC programs. LSU for example had 92,059 for virtually a nobody (North Texas State). Tsu vs. PV probably should have been worse than a B- considering they are instate rivals. This has to be the worse instate SWAC rivalry that exists in the most heavily populated SWAC state. Can you imagine someone becoming unglued about that grade? :lol: :emlaugh:

Somebody is VERY sensitive lol....you the one that start bringing up expansion and $ amounts and scoreboards.... I just simply reminded you that Mississippi State is SMALLTIME SEC.... you the one that brought up Ole Miss... but since you bring them up... they are SMALLTIME SEC too. Both need to be in Conference USA along with Vandy (since u insist on bringing them up)... If that makes you mad or upset or if anything I say makes you upset then stick a straw up your ass and SUCK THAT SHIT UP.

I didn't give Mississippi State vs Jsu a grade because 55000+ is expected from most SEC programs. LSU for example had 92,059 for virtually a nobody (North Texas State). Tsu vs. PV probably should have been worse than a B- considering they are instate rivals. This has to be the worse instate SWAC rivalry that exists in the most heavily populated SWAC state. Can you imagine someone becoming unglued about that grade? :lol: :emlaugh:

Again, the attendance for TSU vs. PV should not be compared to the other schools. Why you ask? I'm not being disrespectful to the other schools like SU vs GSU, JSU vs Alcorn, and Bama St vs Bama A&M but the difference is TSU/PV are located in a large city. The other schools are in smaller more rural areas where the GAME is the "happening!" There are lots of folks that do not attend our game but want to know who won. The game is on a long holiday weekend and some people travel or just choose to do something else. I'm over the attendance numbers for our game becuse those that come are coming because they want to support.

I can tell you on the odd number years trying to get a ticket/seat in our $22,000 seat stadium is going to be tough. In fact make that $17,000 sold seats as 5K are allocated for bands and students.

Again, the attendance for TSU vs. PV should not be compared to the other schools. Why you ask? I'm not being disrespectful to the other schools like SU vs GSU, JSU vs Alcorn, and Bama St vs Bama A&M but the difference is TSU/PV are located in a large city. The other schools are in smaller more rural areas where the GAME is the "happening!" There are lots of folks that do not attend our game but want to know who won. The game is on a long holiday weekend and some people travel or just choose to do something else. I'm over the attendance numbers for our game becuse those that come are coming because they want to support.

I can tell you on the odd number years trying to get a ticket/seat in our $22,000 seat stadium is going to be tough. In fact make that $17,000 sold seats as 5K are allocated for bands and students.

I never understood this excuse.... There is nothing u can do in Houston that others cant do in MOST SWAC cities, you just have more of them. So dont give me that "so much more to do" excuse.

I never understood this excuse.... There is nothing u can do in Houston that others cant do in MOST SWAC cities, you just have more of them. So dont give me that "so much more to do" excuse.

Yes, it is a very poor excuse. They have done a very poor marketing job and have no idea of how to sell their classic. Using that type of logic, The Atlanta Classic, Circle City and Chicago Classic should consistently draw crowds of 25,000 people. :lol: :emlaugh:

Plus none of the schools that participate in the ATL Classic are from GA. Dude just needs to admit that their fan base is pathetic. It's baffling that PV and TXSo cant get at least 30k out of 6million Houston Area residents to attend this game. The attendance for this game used to be in the upper 30s to 40k back in the day, what happened?
Yes, it is a very poor excuse. They have done a very poor marketing job and have no idea of how to sell their classic. Using that type of logic, The Atlanta Classic, Circle City and Chicago Classic should consistently draw crowds of 25,000 people. :lol: :emlaugh:

I'm a native Houstonian and I KNOW the culture. When I say so many other things to do, I mean responsibilities or have relatives or friends that are having birthday celebrations, friends over, running errands,etc. I'm not saying that smaller cities do not have those things to do but I think the pace is slower. Take me for example, my Mom was a student at TSU in the 50s and growing up the family did not go to TSU football games or tailgate. My two sisters that are older went to PV and univ. of Houston, I went to Tx Tech, graduated from Univ then TSU. I went to the game this past weekend but I didn't tailgate because I had stuff to do and wanted to relax before thegame. Since Houston is so big and draws people from all over, many of the folks here that you are friends with or close family went to other colleges.

On the other hand, Schools like SU tailgating and attending games have been a family & friends ritual. It's a cultutre that has mass appeal that has been going over for a decades if not generations. I take it that the other schools I named have a similiar story. That is JUST not the culture here.

See my explanation below.......look at the teams that play in those classics. Traditional winning football teams that travel. I went to the ATL classic last year and 80% of those in attendance were alumni of both schools and not the "black folks" from ATL pouring to see BCF.

Honestly, I don't think its marketing because I feel everybody knows that game is played on that weekend. If I were not a die-hard I would like to skip the game and take a trip out of town to enjoy the long weekend. I know that many others choose to take trips.

See my explanation below.......look at the teams that play in those classics. Traditional winning football teams that travel. I went to the ATL classic last year and 80% of those in attendance were alumni of both schools and not the "black folks" from ATL pouring to see BCF.

thats BS...... Ive been to plenty of ATL CLassics....... simply not true...

Plus none of the schools that participate in the ATL Classic are from GA. Dude just needs to admit that their fan base is pathetic. It's baffling that PV and TXSo cant get at least 30k out of 6million Houston Area residents to attend this game. The attendance for this game used to be in the upper 30s to 40k back in the day, what happened?

See other replies......We are not jackson, Grambling, Southern in the sense that you are the main attraction in your city...... We have Rice, Univ, Houston, and Texans to get your football fill. Not to mention all of the high schools that we have in the area that folks are going to see their kids, friend's kids, etc and not going to spend their entire weekend going to football games. I don't know how many folks move to Jackson for job opportunities but we have folks that have graduated from all across the USA that move to Houston because of job opportunties. We have a very strong and thriving black middle-class and Houstonians are so beyond I'm going to the game because I'm black.

To answer your question- the years that we had 30-40K it was during the time high school students across the citry came and used it as a gathering spot. The high schoolers no longer come as we have high school football on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights because of the many schools. So, you dont understand it because you dont live here.

It's baffling that PV and TXSo cant get at least 30k out of 6million Houston Area residents to attend this game. The attendance for this game used to be in the upper 30s to 40k back in the day, what happened?

Part of the problem is that the high school football season didn't start until the week after Labor day and we would get a lot of the high school people to the game. Now with the high school season beginning in what they call "week 0", a lot of the schools are playing that weekend and we lost a lot of patrons because of that.

Mhurd97 if Im reading correctly you are saying because of football on Thur, Fri, Sat on the high school this has hurt attendance for the LDC??

See other replies......We are not jackson, Grambling, Southern in the sense that you are the main attraction in your city...... We have Rice, Univ, Houston, and Texans to get your football fill. Not to mention all of the high schools that we have in the area that folks are going to see their kids, friend's kids, etc and not going to spend their entire weekend going to football games. I don't know how many folks move to Jackson for job opportunities but we have folks that have graduated from all across the USA that move to Houston because of job opportunties. We have a very strong and thriving black middle-class and Houstonians are so beyond I'm going to the game because I'm black.

To answer your question- the years that we had 30-40K it was during the time high school students across the citry came and used it as a gathering spot. The high schoolers no longer come as we have high school football on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights because of the many schools. So, you dont understand it because you dont live here.

Those are good points, but I also think it is because there are so many other ways to see the game now. I'm sure people also stay home because they can listen via internet or watch online along with the competition with HS games. It's cool because it will be more in the coming years if the game keeps being as crazy as it has been the last 3 years

Im thinking it had more to do with the product on the field. But i can see where these kids have other THINGS on their minds now then we did back in the day. I hate the fact this gam e doesnt draw like it should being they are located that close to each other.

But hey just an opinion

Those are good points, but I also think it is because there are so many other ways to see the game now. I'm sure people also stay home because they can listen via internet or watch online along with the competition with HS games. It's cool because it will be more in the coming years if the game keeps being as crazy as it has been the last 3 years

Yeah they have been pretty crazy.

thats BS...... Ive been to plenty of ATL CLassics....... simply not true...

Read- I said last year

Did you attend last year? I sat on SU's said and there was so much Blue &Gold in the stands and plenty of orange and green. I went to that game beacuse I have never watched a FAMU game in person. the attendance was ~55K in I remeber correctly. I'll let a jag fan that attended give the estimated crowd of SU folks but I will easily say 15-20K.

Mhurd97 if Im reading correctly you are saying because of football on Thur, Fri, Sat on the high school this has hurt attendance for the LDC??

That is one reason that the high school kids do not vcome and the other reason is that it isn't there "hangout spot" anymore. Honestly, I'm cool with that because that's whne fights used to breakout. That element, "the trouble-makers young and old" have stayed away and the games are peaceful. I stand by my statement as a native Houstonian and KNOW my city.

Exactly, the game will be played in our 22K seat stadium so if we draw the same numbers we had this year we have already sold-out. In fact, with the 5K seats that can't be sold because of allocation to students and band, then 5K would get turned away. It's all about supply and demand which works in TSU's favor as I can see us moving to a point where if you want to ensure you get a ticket for that game you will have to be a season ticket holder.

Read- I said last year

Did you attend last year? I sat on SU's said and there was so much Blue &Gold in the stands and plenty of orange and green. I went to that game beacuse I have never watched a FAMU game in person. the attendance was ~55K in I remeber correctly. I'll let a jag fan that attended give the estimated crowd of SU folks but I will easily say 15-20K.

I attended the game last year. What you are forgetting is FAMU and S.U. have alumni that live in Atlanta. You have alumni that's sitting in your back yard that want support your program. In addition to the FAMU & S.U. crowd, I would say that you had about 1/4 or better of people that didn't attend either school. You two Texas schools have two of the largest budgets in the SWAC with one of the most fertile grounds for football players but yet you can't put a better product on the field and market yourself better. You have no one to blame but yourselves. All of those excuses are humbug and for the birds. S.U. and Grambling went to Houston in 2005 and outdrew you all in your own state with a non cable National Television audience and you have the nerves to talk about that is one thing that is hindering attendance? "Alrighty" then! :lol: :emlaugh:

Somebody is VERY sensitive lol....you the one that start bringing up expansion and $ amounts and scoreboards.... I just simply reminded you that Mississippi State is SMALLTIME SEC.... you the one that brought up Ole Miss... but since you bring them up... they are SMALLTIME SEC too. Both need to be in Conference USA along with Vandy (since u insist on bringing them up)... If that makes you mad or upset or if anything I say makes you upset then stick a straw up your ass and SUCK THAT SHIT UP.

And now we go to his END ALL comment as usual.

HE MAD!!! :lol:
Ok ........... Gatcha........... Bamma Is better..........Think I will go out and buy Bamma Gear and wear it as my own like ya'll do. :lmao:

Back