STATS FCS Preseason Top 25 Poll

Weren't you one of the ones talking about how strong the Swac will be. Winning OOC games should be a breeze then.

I said, The SWAC East will tough and interesting.

If JSU is interesting finishing in the top-10. They need to elect for the playoffs and not The Celebration Bowl.

If JSU is interesting finishing in the top-10. They need to elect for the playoffs and not The Celebration Bowl.

We started 2021 unranked and finished inside the Top 20 (11-2). We are starting the 2022 season ranked 15th. An undefeated season would definitely yield a top 10 ranking (13-0).

We started 2021 unranked and finished inside the Top 20 (11-2). We are starting the 2022 season ranked 15th. An undefeated season would definitely yield a top 10 ranking (13-0).

Look, I understand the preseason hype around the program. But, it's best to take it game-by-game instead of overlooking every opponent.

If JSU goes undefeated I can see them getting to the top 5.

Now I don't think JSU goes undefeated this year so we shall see how the rankings play out

Sigh ...

The only way they can finish in the Top 10 and make the playoffs is they don't win the conference.

Why doesn’t the SWAC play any of the Top FCS Programs yearly?
Taking a shot at it ...

1. SOME FCS programs don't want to risk losing and weakening their playoff standings
2. SWAC teams (mainly due to the old 9-game mandate) don't see the value due to budgets (playing up) ... or view themselves as noncompetitive ... or view the games as not profitable for the bottom lines.

1. Some do. Alcorn is playing SFA this year. Im sure there are others. UIW beat the tar off PV last year.
2. Money. Those schools dont bring any fans and our fan support depends on who we are playing.
South Carolina State and FAMU play PWI team every year which helps you understand what it takes to be your best. We generally come out with minimal injuries and get decent check. Plus the players like the challenge and great game against this competition helps with NFL aspirations. Case in point, LA Rams head coach mentioned how well Cobie Durant played against Clemson, which opened their eyes to his potential.

South Carolina State and FAMU play PWI team every year which helps you understand what it takes to be your best. We generally come out with minimal injuries and get decent check. Plus the players like the challenge and great game against this competition helps with NFL aspirations. Case in point, LA Rams head coach mentioned how well Cobie Durant played against Clemson, which opened their eyes to his potential.

..and that's BS. The top drafted player came from D2. BUT it's a nice narrative.
Also, no one asked about playing a PWI. They asked about top 25 FCS teams. FAMU does not play those. You take azz whoopins you get paid for.

Sigh ...

The only way they can finish in the Top 10 and make the playoffs is they don't win the conference.

The last HBCU to finish in the top-10 was NC&T in 2017. Now, go at look at their schedule and JSU's 2022 schedule. The latter outside schedule is no close in comparison.

@Mrwiregrass I was commenting on you saying Jackson runs the table and then opts for the playoffs ... when you know that SWAC champion is contractually obligated to the Celebration Bowl ...

And why would the SWAC champion forgo a nationally-televised showcase virtually unopposed with a bigger payday ... than play Thanksgiving weekend in buttfugg (insert state here) for virtually nothing?

@Mrwiregrass I was commenting on you saying Jackson runs the table and then opts for the playoffs ... when you know that SWAC champion is contractually obligated to the Celebration Bowl ...

And why would the SWAC champion forgo a nationally-televised showcase virtually unopposed with a bigger payday ... than play Thanksgiving weekend in buttfugg (insert state here) for virtually nothing?
You can't make this shyt up lol

..and that's BS. The top drafted player came from D2. BUT it's a nice narrative.
Also, no one asked about playing a PWI. They asked about top 25 FCS teams. FAMU does not play those. You take azz whoopins you get paid for.

Well dayum lol. I see why they don't like you 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Why doesn’t the SWAC play any of the Top FCS Programs yearly

I know. I know.

But, I would love to see somebody from The SWAC or MEAC have a nice run like FAMU had in 1999.

I really would have loved for JSU to play Kennesaw State or East Tennessee State, instead of Campbell.

I know. I know.

But, I would love to see somebody from The SWAC or MEAC have a nice run like FAMU had in 1999.

I really would have loved for JSU to play Kennesaw State or East Tennessee State, instead of Campbell.
If FAMU/Jackson loser runs the rest of the table, they could make a case for an at-large.

If that’s Jackson, the NCAA would bend over like Uncle Clifford to ensure they can get some of the Merce … oop, Coach Prime Experience

Back