Southland, OVC to propose permanent 12th game in FCS

WHAT? If you could read and comprehend, you would see that my concern is that we playing money games rather the fellow FCS teams....

And if you were capable of reading for comprehension you'd see that I was calling jsu scared to schedule ANY entity from the SLC - a fellow FCS conference, btw. And I did ask directly when was the last time jsu played an slc'er outside of the coveted playoffs. But then again, we understand how jsu feels it more prudent to schedule D-II Delta St instead of a McNeese St (your ass kicker) after all, D-I FCS Tenn St has been running up in jsu so long until they should seek ownership of a part of your campus lol. Tenn St SW @ jsu. :D lol

And if you were capable of reading for comprehension you'd see that I was calling jsu scared to schedule ANY entity from the SLC - a fellow FCS conference, btw. And I did ask directly when was the last time jsu played an slc'er outside of the coveted playoffs. But then again, we understand how jsu feels it more prudent to schedule D-II Delta St instead of a McNeese St (your ass kicker) after all, D-I FCS Tenn St has been running up in jsu so long until they should seek ownership of a part of your campus lol. Tenn St SW @ jsu. :D lol

Prairie View couldn't beat Delta State, McNeese, TnState or Jackson State. So what are you talking about? smh But we are talking about a school who historically is too scared to even play more than 9 and 10 games on some years....
..and again, IF JSU has to go to a SLC school with no return game, I would rather not play them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Prairie View couldn't beat Delta State, McNeese, TnState or Jackson State. So what are you talking about? smh But we are talking about a school who historically is too scared to even play more than 9 and 10 games on some years....
..and again, IF JSU has to go to a SLC school with no return game, I would rather not play them.
Lies ^^^^^^^^^^^^^. We've broke our foot in jsu's ass for the last 2 consecutive years/meetings and anticipate doing the same thing again this fall. Is that truth or lie, f'n liar?

As for Delta St, we've never played them so how would you know, liar? McNeese St and TnSt have scoreboard on PVAMU, along w/ NDSU and IllSt, who we have NOT ducked or dodged w/ respect to competition. We've had recent APR issues along w/ scheduling issues so we played the schedule that was presented to us. As for beyond this year, we already have a home-and-home signed w/ SHSU (well, I'll be damned an SLC D-I FCSer; who would've thought?????? ). We anticipate others to roll onto our schedule fall 2017. Someone PV correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't PV played an all D-I schedule for the last consecutive 10 years, since the game vs Faith didn't count last fall? Can jsu say the same? :D

You can continue making those remedial and elementary excuses for why jsu avoids SLC schools and other D-I FCS schools not named TennSt from here to yon and the answer is obvious: jsu fears competition. VU-Lynchburg doesn't have their 2017 schedule filled out so I'm certain they can expect a call from you guys. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How you gonna say you played an ALL D1 schedule when some years, you didnt even bother to schedule ANYBODY!?
..and yeah, you beat JSU the last two years.. what does that make you? 3-7 vs JSU in the last 10 years? lol
..and Delta State, a consistent D2 powerhouse would take you to the woodshed....

How you gonna say you played an ALL D1 schedule when some years, you didnt even bother to schedule ANYBODY!?
..and yeah, you beat JSU the last two years.. what does that make you? 3-7 vs JSU in the last 10 years? lol
..and Delta State, a consistent D2 powerhouse would take you to the woodshed....

We've never played Delta St so how do you know this? Just because they hung a foot up jsu's ass doesn't mean they'd do likewise to us. Wrong school son. The last 2 beatings of jsu means we have redshirt jrs and true sophs who are undefeated against jsu :D . lol I'm sure they're looking to add to that W-column this fall @ your diggs.

We've never played Delta St so how do you know this? Just because they hung a foot up jsu's ass doesn't mean they'd do likewise to us. Wrong school son. The last 2 beatings of jsu means we have redshirt jrs and true sophs who are undefeated against jsu :D . lol I'm sure they're looking to add to that W-column this fall @ your diggs.

Dude Delta State has a better program than you. Facts!
Now, as for your team beating JSU in Jackson... not gonna happen. But it's nice that you have confidence...

Dude Delta State has a better program than you. Facts!
Now, as for your team beating JSU in Jackson... not gonna happen. But it's nice that you have confidence...

Did you say that 2 years ago when PVAMU came to town and you all forgot to win the game? :D :D :D :D :D You sound like a town clown w/ the annual rhetoric of nothingness but hot air and no azz coming out of that camp. Have you even noticed that you're the only dummy posting this silly shit while your alums keep silence and @ least have a wait and see view? How clownish.... s....m....h

As for Delta St, that's your opinion because it's a FACT that we've never played them. lol@ them having a better program than us and we've never played them yet you ridiculously call it a fact. Total clown level. :D lol

Reactions: J C
Voted down today.
Historically no one wanted this except a couple of schools.

I doubt the vote was even close.

They need to count those lower division non conference wins and stats again if they want to run 12 games. These kids aren't getting paid and isn't not like college football has pre season games.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
They need to count those lower division non conference wins and stats again if they want to run 12 games. These kids aren't getting paid and isn't not like college football has pre season games.

I fail to understand what purpose that's going to serve.

I fail to understand what purpose that's going to serve.

If Alabama can grab numbers for a win vs Chattanooga in a 12 game schedule, than Southern should get the same benefits from beating up on Lane. Why not? Why does it have to be a glorified scrimmage? 12 games is a lot, not to mention if your program makes the post season.

If Alabama can grab numbers for a win vs Chattanooga in a 12 game schedule, than Southern should get the same benefits from beating up on Lane. Why not? Why does it have to be a glorified scrimmage? 12 games is a lot, not to mention if your program makes the post season.

Okay I get that but those who are proposing this aren't doing it to gain stats. They're trying to gain more money.

Besides the NCAA doesn't ignore stats of games play against an opponent of the same division or any other NCAA member schools.

@bluedog i think Base is talking more about the VU-Lynchburgs and others who don't count toward NCAA statistics

@bluedog i think Base is talking more about the VU-Lynchburgs and others who don't count toward NCAA statistics

I understand that's why I tried to give him clarification those have nothing to do with this proposal.

1. They are club schools
2. Again nobody who is proposing this are looking to schedule them

I understand that's why I tried to give him clarification those have nothing to do with this proposal.

1. They are club schools
2. Again nobody who is proposing this are looking to schedule them

True dat ... also conference realignment has made a 12-game FCS schedule probably a little more difficult across the board. But I understand why the Southland and OVC were behind it. It's a money grab for those conference schools.

Now for the SWAC, if the NCAA voted for a 12-game schedule, then the SWAC more than likely would have needed to have an 8-game conference slate. It's a lot easier to fill four OOC dates than five.

IMO, I'm glad FCS voted the 12-game schedule down and got rid of 2-a-day practices. Player safety is paramount.

I totally agree, but the schools from the conferences who want 12 games want to schedule another money game. Programs like NDSU might schedule 3 FBS games instead of 2. This would also help some of the top FCS programs get ready for a "FBS transitional" season.

Back