Southland, OVC to propose permanent 12th game in FCS

I am for it. If we go to 12 games though I have a funny feeling that we would go back to a 9 game format though giving us 3 OOC games.

1 FCS
1 FBS
1 D2

I personally like the 7 game mandate even if we go to a 12 game schedule, being JSU already obligates one of our game toward the SHC which would give us 4 ooc games to fill. This move could bring a lot of excitement to our brand but our AD's are going to have to be smart and innovative and not lazy.

The SLC is chomping at the bit for SWAC schools (regional matchups).

Yea but MOST SWAC schools are not going to want to play them. They will be looking for money games and then some sorry D2s. What the SLC and OVC don't realize is that it won't be enough FBS teams to go around so they will be forced to play other FCS schools. I just don't like all of this wishy washy scheduling. There are almost NO rules to college football. There need to be a lot more restrictions put in place to assist the competitiveness of the sport. Scheduling a game where you will be losing 50-0 at the half is not good for the sport.

This could also revive a few classics because the bottomline is going to be money. Classics worked for us when money games were not in the picture. Now, all of a sudden, they are not good enough. My AD has yet to make a schedule. So far the only thing he has done is scheduled a game vs UNLV at 3 PM on a Thursday.....

Maybe I need to look at his time at A&T to gain insight into his scheduling philosophy.

Yea but MOST SWAC schools are not going to want to play them. They will be looking for money games and then some sorry D2s. What the SLC and OVC don't realize is that it won't be enough FBS teams to go around so they will be forced to play other FCS schools. I just don't like all of this wishy washy scheduling. There are almost NO rules to college football. There need to be a lot more restrictions put in place to assist the competitiveness of the sport. Scheduling a game where you will be losing 50-0 at the half is not good for the sport.

The funny thing is, over the past few years, every single team in the SWAC has scheduled these types of teams at least once every few years except for one.....most aren't going to want to play them huh?

Bama State - SHSU, Jacksonville State
A&M - Coastal
Alcorn - JMU
Valley - Montana, Jacksonville State, Illinois State, Northwestern State
Southern - Northwestern State
Grambling - Lamar
UAPB - Tx State, McNeese
PV - Tx State, McNeese, SF Austin, Abilene Christian, Lamar, NDSU
Tx Southern - SHSU

The funny thing is, over the past few years, every single team in the SWAC has scheduled these types of teams at least once every few years except for one.....most aren't going to want to play them huh?

Bama State - SHSU, Jacksonville State
A&M - Coastal
Alcorn - JMU
Valley - Montana, Jacksonville State, Illinois State, Northwestern State
Southern - Northwestern State
Grambling - Lamar
UAPB - Tx State, McNeese
PV - Tx State, McNeese, SF Austin, Abilene Christian, Lamar, NDSU
Tx Southern - SHSU

Aside from Valley and PV, my statement is pretty much correct. Also, of that list, maybe three of them were home-home. Not every school is going to accept going to a fellow FCS for a payout.

jsu wants to avoid embarrassment from a fellow fcs'er lol. The annual tnsu beatdown tour continues. FTR, the last SWAC victory over an SLC squad was PV over annually-kick-aSWAC team's azz-SFA. That same SFA that owns certain SWAC schools *wink wink* lol. Run jigga.

Aside from Valley and PV, my statement is pretty much correct. Also, of that list, maybe three of them were home-home. Not every school is going to accept going to a fellow FCS for a payout.

I think the point is, for you to be the one always talking about not scheduling those schools, yours is the only one that doesnt LOL. All of your OOC games consist of Tn State and a money game basically. And considering the record against Tn State I guess it makes sense as to why you won't schedule them.

I think the point is, for you to be the one always talking about not scheduling those schools, yours is the only one that doesnt LOL. All of your OOC games consist of Tn State and a money game basically. And considering the record against Tn State I guess it makes sense as to why you won't schedule them.

If you could find a sentence where I said i agree with how JSU schedules, i guess you would have a point.

All I can do is complain to my AD.

jsu wants to avoid embarrassment from a fellow fcs'er lol. The annual tnsu beatdown tour continues. FTR, the last SWAC victory over an SLC squad was PV over annually-kick-aSWAC team's azz-SFA. That same SFA that owns certain SWAC schools *wink wink* lol. Run jigga.

We ain't smalltime enough to go to a FCS without a return game. Maybe since you have the 2nd largest stadium now, they will come to you.
As for TNState, they would have beat you at least 8 out of the last 10 years.

As for SFA, JSU is 2-3 vs them.. what's your record?

We ain't smalltime enough to go to a FCS without a return game. Maybe since you have the 2nd largest stadium now, they will come to you.

Yea some schools definitely sell themselves short lol. SU had a home and home vs Northwestern St and they gave SU a additional $50,000 when SU went there lol.

Last edited:

Some run from an inevitable ass raping OOC and are scared of competition :D . It's okay to be afraid of competition. We understand.

So what you're saying is, you cant get a single FCS team other than HBCU's to schedule a home and home with you? Pretty weak argument for a non small time team. And stop acting like you SU folks dont know why they paid you...because they knew you'd bring a lot of people and most likely to be able to see your band dance. Keep it real lol

Plus a easy win. Lol
So what you're saying is, you cant get a single FCS team other than HBCU's to schedule a home and home with you? Pretty weak argument for a non small time team. And stop acting like you SU folks dont know why they paid you...because they knew you'd bring a lot of people and most likely to be able to see your band dance. Keep it real lol

I live for the day when jsu would sched a jacksonville st, north dakota st, montana, mcneese, lamar, illst, et al schools for a home and home. Just like a typical toby from miss, you are inferior (your product).

UNLV - 102
jsu - 3

smh

Last edited:
So......doesn't that pretty much confirm what SUjag said about how Northwestern State valued playing us so much that they put some extra stuff on their end of the deal?

LOL

I am for a home/home with a FCS school but I am totally against playing at FCS schools without a return game.

Alcorn-James Madison
Prairie View - North Dakota St.
Prairie View - McNeese St.
AAMU - Coastal Carolina
UAPB - Tennessee St.

Home/Home or no deal

I am for a home/home with a FCS school but I am totally against playing at FCS schools without a return game.

Alcorn-James Madison
AAMU - Coastal Carolina
UAPB - Tennessee St.

Home/Home or no deal

We didn't have the luxury of negotiation time scheduling with Coastal. We added them at the last minute when a MEAC team dropped us at the last minute for an FBS game. Plus Coastal is moving to the Slum Belt.

Alcorn-James Madison
AAMU - Coastal Carolina
UAPB - Tennessee St.

Home/Home or no deal
Recruiting trip + "home-type" game reward for some of our LC stars et al from La. Also, a true competitor in McN that show(s/ed) us the recurring changes we need(ed) to make coaching wise & player wise. PV does not run from talented physical competition like other sissified 0-17 all-time playoff schools & others whose band is more famous than the football team.

Back