Southern's band director asked for kickbacks

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Lawsuit claims Southern's band director asked for kickbacks to schedule performances

A lawsuit against Southern University, its band director and a number of other campus officials claims the university's band director asked for a kickback to have the famous Southern band perform at an event.

White Enterprises of Louisiana LLC and Octagon Media sued the university asking for damages it incurred from having to pay out refunds after the band didn't show up for events.

"It was going to be for East Baton Rouge Parish school kids to come to Southern to hear the band play," Attorney for Octagon Media, Amy Newsom said.

The lawsuit alleges Nathan Haymer asked for a ten percent kickback to have the band and Dancing Dolls perform at events they scheduled.

Attorneys wrote in the lawsuit Haymer sent a text message asking to be paid: "The ten percent needs to be made payable to me so that the staff can be properly compensated. I am asking for you to hide this ten percent in your percentage charge from your business. If this cannot be done, please let me know."

When Newsom's client refused “to pay Mr. Haymer the kickback, he didn't show up to the event,"

http://www.wbrz.com/news/lawsuit-cl...-asked-for-kickbacks-to-schedule-performances

Read the lawsuit here

I refuse to believe this Haymer dude could be THIS dumb to send a text message asking for kickbacks, but when one looks at his total history of goof-ups, perhaps it's not that farfetched. Poor Jags....the gift that keeps on giving.

Yawns. This lawsuit, which originally( Jan. 2017) didn’t name Haymer, has become a personal attack from Haymer’s number on hater. This former university employee been trying to defame Haymer since 2015. The lawsuit was more about trying to get money from the school and less about Haymer, until now. With success comes hate.

I refuse to believe this Haymer dude could be THIS dumb to send a text message asking for kickbacks, but when one looks at his total history of goof-ups, perhaps it's not that farfetched. Poor Jags....the gift that keeps on giving.

I hope they saved the text messages as evidence. From the desk drawer to this, it seems Haymer still has "sticky fingers" for cash. Lock him up, again!
mod.gif

Last edited:
Just saw this last night. No dog in this hunt or hate but when ALLEGEDLY, his texts says "yes the ten percent needs to be made payable to me so that the staff can be properly compensated. I am asking you to hide this ten percent in you percentage charge from your business.......................". What exactly does he mean there???

BS if you ask me. I refuse to believe that Haymer would be that dumb to put that in a text. Maybe in person but to send a text to someone yeah ok. That like me texting a drug dealer saying. Drop the cocaine off at my house at 123 smith rd and I will meet you at McDonald’s on plank rd with the money I owe you for the drugs Send

BS if you ask me. I refuse to believe that Haymer would be that dumb to put that in a text. Maybe in person but to send a text to someone yeah ok. That like me texting a drug dealer saying. Drop the cocaine off at my house at 123 smith rd and I will meet you at McDonald’s on plank rd with the money I owe you for the drugs Send

Right. I thought the same thing. I know people these days continue to tweet(Orangeman) and facebook stupid things but I'd hope he's smart than that.

Also if they're quoting his text messages and ends up being fake.........he can counter sue for liable/slander and defamation of character......I think. I'm not a lawyer.......but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night. :)

Text message conversations can be retrieved by subpoena directly from the carrier, not from any individual handset. This preserves the integrity of the evidence and makes it admissible as evidence in court. I rest my case.
mod.gif

Text message conversations can be retrieved by subpoena directly from the carrier, not from any individual handset. This preserves the integrity of the evidence and makes it admissible as evidence in court. I rest my case.
mod.gif
Exactly.

This is personal. Dumas Camp vs Haymer Camp. Dumas aint done yet either.

mod.gif
Not necessarily ... if it was an iMessage between two iPhones... the carrier CANT retrieve the message .

Just because a message is encrypted doesn’t mean that there are no digital breadcrumbs left behind.

This is my job... i work for Verizon Wireless... i release text to attorneys every day ... we have absolutely no way to view iMessages... they go through Apple servers not ours. You can send an iMessages with no cellular service .

This is my job... i work for Verizon Wireless... i release text to attorneys every day ... we have absolutely no way to view iMessages... they go through Apple servers not ours. You can send an iMessages with no cellular service .

So they could subpoena ATT?

off topic.
VZB myself! You in DFW?

Lawsuit claims Southern's band director asked for kickbacks to schedule performances

A lawsuit against Southern University, its band director and a number of other campus officials claims the university's band director asked for a kickback to have the famous Southern band perform at an event.

White Enterprises of Louisiana LLC and Octagon Media sued the university asking for damages it incurred from having to pay out refunds after the band didn't show up for events.

"It was going to be for East Baton Rouge Parish school kids to come to Southern to hear the band play," Attorney for Octagon Media, Amy Newsom said.

The lawsuit alleges Nathan Haymer asked for a ten percent kickback to have the band and Dancing Dolls perform at events they scheduled.

Attorneys wrote in the lawsuit Haymer sent a text message asking to be paid: "The ten percent needs to be made payable to me so that the staff can be properly compensated. I am asking for you to hide this ten percent in your percentage charge from your business. If this cannot be done, please let me know."

When Newsom's client refused “to pay Mr. Haymer the kickback, he didn't show up to the event,"

http://www.wbrz.com/news/lawsuit-cl...-asked-for-kickbacks-to-schedule-performances

Read the lawsuit here

Haymer should know better, no contract? I pity a fool.

I just hope this isn't true because if it is Louisiana Ethic Laws gonna hit SU and Haymer hard since this was sat on for 2 years as allegedly.

I believe it. Haymer strikes me as a keeping up with the Joneses type. On his IG he was bragging about some of his expensive personal possessions .... so yeah he did it. Nate became too powerful and was feeling himself so I know he did it

Last edited:
And his brother is a terrible attorney. He basically admitted to Nathan sending the text ... instead of saying he doesn't believe, he should've said that he did not send the text. 2) He should've said Nathan not my brother ... sounds unprofessional.

Last edited:
And his brother is a terrible attorney. He basically admitted to Nathan sending the text ... instead of saying he doesn't believe, he should've said that he did not send the text. 2) He should've said Nathan and my brother.

Haymer could not be found by a news crew on campus Monday.

Niles Haymer said this issue is about a breach of contract, not the messages.

"The Southern University band director has done an excellent job," Haymer, the brother, said. "Success comes with these problems. You will always have people saying you are too successful and we will bring you down. This is an opportunity for the plaintiff to drag the Southern band director in the mud."

Newsom disagrees and said the text messages Haymer sent her client tell the real story and she believes the band director violated the public's trust.

http://blitzteller.com/lawsuit-claims-southerns-band-director-asked-for-kickbacks-to-schedule-per/

So no one read the part in the suit where Haymer allegedly told the plaintiff that Dumas was no longer his supervisor and would require a lot more documentation due to the new supervisor being a "financial hawk."? Then later on in the suit the plaintiff said that they sent the information about Haymer's alleged "kickback" texts to Dumas despite it being known that he wasn't his supervisor anymore?

Also kind of weird that there was a shift from needing everything to be verified and documented, then suddenly a week or two before the event he suddenly asks for a kickback via text instead of in person?

Let's see how this plays out.

Last edited:
Back