Southern Football Coach Odoms leaves for Norfolk State

xxx
I heard SU is after Maynor
Dog Yes GIF by TikTok

I think Juluke would make a great hire for SU. He would command some money probably more than $250k I’m sure if Fobbs and Prime are well compensated then he probably want the same salary. From a program standpoint I think he would also bring that Saban tree to southern. I hear Jerry Mack and Terry Joseph is the top 3 choices.

I'm not gone lie. I told my girl 2 days ago, i had a vision Coach Odums was leaving. Wow! It came true. I'm still in disbelief.
Can you do a premonition on PV's "athletic director?" PV Baseball coach? PV Volleyball coach? That PV grounds woman who cussed me out when I accidentally walked on her precious PV grass as I was on the phone talking while mesmerized in a trance by a Brenham stallions jiggly ass? smh

Odums made a smart move. He knows that Jaguar fans were getting tired of being a good team instead of a champion.

The MEAC has relinquished their title as the best HBCU football conference with A&T, FAMU, BCU and Hampton leaving. This is a perfect time to build a new MEAC Celebration Bowl Power Program. Odums isn’t a very good coach in my eyes, but he is good enough to own the new MEAC.

The MEAC is the best conference until the SWAC wins another Celebration Bowl. It's 4 to 1

The MEAC is the best conference until the SWAC wins another Celebration Bowl. It's 4 to 1

That’s like someone responding to my post with, “The SWAC is the best conference until the MEAC puts together an overall winning record vs the SWAC.” History is not on the MEAC’s side in this debate, but recent history helps my debate.

You have to go off what’s what and who’s who. Unlike many SWAC fans, I have given the MEAC their credit for owning the Challenge Game and Celebration Bowl whenever it’s a legitimate match up. In my honest opinion, the MEAC has owned the SWAC in recent years due to the fact the the conference is more physical. (I feel the same way in basketball as well.) However, the “recent years” thrill is gone. You and I both know that without A&T, Hampton, FAMU and BCU, the MEAC is not a better conference even close to the former MEAC.

Odums is making a smart move. Norfolk State has the chance to have a big time “hello world” party now the MEAC is on life support. SCSU doesn’t have the muscle, Morgan State doesn’t have the roster, Howard can’t be a boss while working part-time, and Delaware State must get the Blue Hen to sign their permission slips to be relevant. Odums should own the MEAC after 1 season.

Have yall contacted Comegy? I think he is who yall need to revive your program. Get yall over the hump. He owned Alcorn and yall seem to LOVE him so much after we let him go. He would be a perfect fit. He loves to eat and yall love to cook. A match made in heaven.

xxx
Can you do a premonition on PV's "athletic director?" PV Baseball coach? PV Volleyball coach? That PV grounds woman who cussed me out when I accidentally walked on her precious PV grass as I was on the phone talking while mesmerized in a trance by a Brenham stallions jiggly ass? smh
Let me get back to you. I'll make that trip to Prairie View.

That’s like someone responding to my post with, “The SWAC is the best conference until the MEAC puts together an overall winning record vs the SWAC.” History is not on the MEAC’s side in this debate, but recent history helps my debate.

You have to go off what’s what and who’s who. Unlike many SWAC fans, I have given the MEAC their credit for owning the Challenge Game and Celebration Bowl whenever it’s a legitimate match up. In my honest opinion, the MEAC has owned the SWAC in recent years due to the fact the the conference is more physical. (I feel the same way in basketball as well.) However, the “recent years” thrill is gone. You and I both know that without A&T, Hampton, FAMU and BCU, the MEAC is not a better conference even close to the former MEAC.

Odums is making a smart move. Norfolk State has the chance to have a big time “hello world” party now the MEAC is on life support. SCSU doesn’t have the muscle, Morgan State doesn’t have the roster, Howard can’t be a boss while working part-time, and Delaware State must get the Blue Hen to sign their permission slips to be relevant. Odums should own the MEAC after 1 season.
Exactly! He’s closer to home too.

I don't think this caught SU off guard. My personally view he wanted something long-term and BANKS was not giving him that..

Yes, I believe it is proper protocol to ask a university to approach its coach about a hiring opportunity. I don't believe Norfolk State would have made a pitch for Odums without speaking with Banks. I think the 6-year contract was very attractive to Odums as it offered him longevity and security. It also offered him an opportuity to be successful in the MEAC, a conference whose membership has been depleted both in size and competitiveness. The MEAC today is not nearly as competetive as the SWAC. Odums, and I am sure he realized it, would not have lasted another 6 years at Southern.

Yes, I believe it is proper protocol to ask a university to approach its coach about a hiring opportunity. I don't believe Norfolk State would have made a pitch for Odums without speaking with Banks. I think the 6-year contract was very attractive to Odums as it offered him longevity and security. It also offered him an opportuity to be successful in the MEAC, a conference whose membership has been depleted both in size and competitiveness. The MEAC today is not nearly as competetive as the SWAC. Odums, and I am sure he realized it, would not have lasted another 6 years at Southern.
He only Got 1 Title he wasn’t On the Hot seat but BR going to get tired of just going to championships

Conversations can happen with your representation to get a lot of T’s C’s ironed out prior to asking for permission to speak to a candidate.

Looking at comments from SOME of the Southern folk, they feel Southern is Ohio State under John Cooper (couldn't beat Michigan), although Cooper went 111-43-4 in 13 years in Columbus.

Here's the problem. Rarely do you go from John Cooper to Jim Tressel in a coaching change if you're in Southern's position. You're more than likely to go from Frank Solich to Bill Callahan.

Ball's in Roman Banks' court, and the pressure is on him to get this hire right.

Back