Southern Football Coach Odoms leaves for Norfolk State

I have no answers to where we go from here. Whoever is brought in has to be in quickly to dampen an environment that looks and feels like chaos. Connections established in Florida and Texas have to be maintained. We should also look to strengthening our presence in Louisiana.

Southern got Odums on the cheap. The next coach, and assistants, should be compensated at the level and quality we expect for this University, if we want to be great. Having said that, my thoughts on a new coach include the following:

Lionel Washington
Quinton Morgan [Langston Univ.]
Damon Wilson [Bowie Stare]

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I have no answers to where we go from here. Whoever is brought in has to be in quickly to dampen an environment that looks and feels like chaos. Connections established in Florida and Texas have to be maintained. We should also look to strengthening our presence in Louisiana.

Southern got Odums on the cheap. The next coach, and assistants, should be compensated at the level and quality we expect for this University, if we want to be great. Having said that, my thoughts on a new coach include the following:

Lionel Washington
Lionel Washington and the current staff...........would not be bad.

He aint want that smoke or become better.

It's tough on the bluff. He should have left a bit earlier (in my opinion) he puts us in a bind to hurry up and find a guy, I honestly feel that he knew he was leaving before this season started. I don't think he found out he's leaving the school in April.

I really hope that he told SU that he was leaving earlier than this and we the public are just finding out.

I wish him well, but smh.

Southern going get DJ Williams since hiring a Sean Payton staffer worked for the school across town LOL

If this is true. Very Very Smart move. Go to a conference to where it's wide open for the title. And you are in very fertile recruiting area

Odums made a smart move. He knows that Jaguar fans were getting tired of being a good team instead of a champion.

The MEAC has relinquished their title as the best HBCU football conference with A&T, FAMU, BCU and Hampton leaving. This is a perfect time to build a new MEAC Celebration Bowl Power Program. Odums isn’t a very good coach in my eyes, but he is good enough to own the new MEAC.

Jabbar Juluke will be SU's number 1 Coach of choice if Roman Banks and the SU QB Club and Foundation can woo him back home to the Bluff. If we can get him back on the yard, the recruits will dang'on follow. Juluke is like the Recruit Whisperer and kids listen to him without a doubt.
And Juluke would go after those 4-star & 5-star recruits especially in the New Orleans area. Juluke would probably require upwards of $350K

Odums can Get more money and compete against a weakened MEAC en route to the celebration bowl With NC A&T, FAMU & Bethune are all leaving the MEAC this year.
Yes, it is my guess that Norfolk had to make Odums a pretty hefty offer to leave SU. Probably in the range of $400K!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So, SU let Big Worm leave and didn't have a replacement? This close to the fall? Who's gonna recruit for you all? (Not that it matters). Wow!!!! I can see the transfer portal full of SU players now.

Lionel Washington
I would like to see Jabbar Juluke on the list of potentials

And Juluke would go after those 4-star & 5-star recruits especially in the New Orleans area. Juluke would probably require upwards of $350K

Would they listen like that as an FCS coach and not without a FBS logo? He probably would get better transfers on the back end honestly. The Pete formula was props and transfers from N.O. And everyone else from other places

Back