Southern Football Coach Odoms leaves for Norfolk State

Jabbar Juluke will be SU's number 1 Coach of choice if Roman Banks and the SU QB Club and Foundation can woo him back home to the Bluff. If we can get him back on the yard, the recruits will dang'on follow. Juluke is like the Recruit Whisperer and kids listen to him without a doubt.

I agree. The job is Jabbar’s ... if he wants it.
Also, some of his former Southern teammates are now head coaches at some of Louisiana’s most talent-filled schools.
Money wont be an issue either, folks have expected a move for a minute and started soliciting funds from some of your big donors to be ready to act. We shall see if he bites.... My boy TC has $100k in the kitty!

there were people who wanted the man fired and all his did was win damn near two-thirds of his games and kept Southern in contention ... with half of that time being in APR hell left by previous folks.

Yall saw what happened to that school in Jackson when they ran off a successful coach.

Odums probably did his best coaching job this Spring at SU. The cupboard definitely isn't bare at SU so whoever comes in should be in contention already.

As with Valley, SU's only weakness is at QB. If Lampley is the QB going forward, it's gonna be a collision between Alcorn and the Jags for the West crown.

Last edited:
Money wont be an issue either, folks have expected a move for a minute and started soliciting funds from some of your big donors to be ready to act. We shall see if he bites....

IMO, it’s the logical choice. The offense at ULL is similar to what Southern does offensively. He knows the landscape and he can recruit with that network of coaches. Then he’s a Pete guy, and that will buy him some room with the faithful.

However, logical doesn’t always reign supreme.

Gotta' give credit where it is due. Coach Odums always had SU poised and ready for battle. Really admired that, outside of that one glaring issue : fall off of traditionally great SU QB play.

And with that said... *phoning PV Moving Services* "yes sirrrr... I think it will be in 3-4 weeks he will need a UHAUL."

Gotta' give credit where it is due. Coach Odums always had SU poised and ready for battle. Really admired that, outside of that one glaring issue : fall off of traditionally great SU QB play.

And with that said... *phoning PV Moving Services* "yes sirrrr... I think it will be in 3-4 weeks he will need a UHAUL."

You think your head coach will get the boot from PV

Great guy,
X's and O's wasn't there for me when it came down to the details of the game, those items/features wasn't there for me with Odums. Ugly, struggle wins, losing to teams with lesser than talent than us. Being at times in those games, out-coached, on very simple basic things.
You're not challenging yourself as a coach to improve yourself.

He did a great job keeping the players out of the media, off the field distractions, we did not hear about any of the issues that were had. I applaud him for that, but at SU, he reached his ceiling. His ways would be hindering SU from really becoming the program that it should have become 3-4 years ago.

Wish him well.

Norfolk State - path to a MEAC title is much easier now with FAMU and BCU to the SWAC. Beat Sc State and NCCU you're in the driver's seat. Same facilities outside of a fieldhouse and a fanbase though who likes basketball cause football has been rough recently. Win 7 games there and your set up for life

As for SU - everyone and their momma wants to get involved on this one but are nowhere to be found when the difference makers with SU ties are shipped off to other FBS or FCS schools.

But as crazy as it sounds - some SWAC coaches currently would do well at SU but will they look at home first.

Stump did hire Odums though lol

I mean let's be real besides NCCU, SCSTATE, who does the MEAC have?

I came back to say this.

In two years, NSU will be the class of the MEAC. THE only reason why they wont be head and shoulders above the rest is that Odums showed a loyalty to a athlete playing QB. He can get away with that in the MEAC but not in the SWAC

I came back to say this.

In two years, NSU will be the class of the MEAC. THE only reason why they wont be head and shoulders above the rest is that Odums showed a loyalty to a athlete playing QB. He can get away with that in the MEAC but not in the SWAC
Odums can Get more money and compete against a weakened MEAC en route to the celebration bowl With NC A&T, FAMU & Bethune are all leaving the MEAC this year.

Unsure. I think this is the final year of his contract. Don't quote me too much.

Also, PVAMU has an aimless "athletic director" so who knows what Spanky will do.

this is making Dooley’s contract look like bad returns on investment

Back