Sha'Carri Richardson, the next Flo-Jo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatever happens in the olympics, the women's 100 meters will be straight up fire! Another contender from NC A&T just ran a 10.74. Even though it was wind aided (just barley over the allowable 2.0), that time is no joke whatsoever. What's most impressive is, she is only a sophomore.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBUfhkVqzNY
I guess that race didn't take place in the middle of the track.

FloJo mastered how to relax and be efficient at the movement of the foot to the ground and pulling forward. It was why she was smiling at the end of her races...pure relaxation and maximization of that movement to gain high velocity and hold it.
Sha'Carri right now is so great at acceleration and recently has been able to hold that top end speed. I can't wait to see what her super fine Dallas tail will do next.
Ayantee's 100m runner...she was amazing...even more so because she's younger AND her stride and gait are eerily similar to Fisher-Pryce.
What a time to run fast as heck. Lemme eat two PowerBars and see what I got left in the tank er uh...oh I hear my mother calling. Lemme use my bicycle...

I've been waiting on you. Before Flo Jo starting setting those records wasn't she consistently a third place finisher? I can't remember who she was finishing behind. In my head it was Evelyn Ashford and Vallerie Briscoe-Hooks, but am not sure. Can you clear that up for me?
Flo Jo finished second to Brisco-Hooks at the Los Angeles Olympics in the 200m. I do not think she ran the 100 in that Olympics where Ashford won the gold. I think that year was a comeback year for Briscoe-Hooks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuiuuGI1FcE

Forgot to add...while most athletes in sprinting still do power squats and jerks, etc...using flexibility bands that are weighted has helped ALOT of untapped potential in range of movement and recovery time. If your kids are running or need speed...get the bands or do good focus on uphill sprinting.
Reasoning: it's the movement down and BACK, not high knee that makes you gain all that velocity. 💪🏿

After watching the interview after her winning her heat in the 100 yesterday I have some definite thoughts about her. Share yours then I will share mine.

You know what, I haven't had fun watching my 2nd favorite sport like this in good minute. I am still learning the new faces and names on the men's side of the game, but the women's olympic 100 is really really shaping up to be a competitive race. Anyhow... Ole girl is looking good in the semis. Right now, I could really see her getting to at least a 10.5 something in the finals if everything falls into place. I wonder about her start though. Makes me think of Carl Lewis who ran some of his fastest races just like her (slower out the box but strong in the finish). Can she improve her start? Anyhow, check it--> View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfvhmdU589E

Last edited:
Richardson being 5’1 makes it tough for her to have a stronger start... that second gear is world class..., but idk if she can win with her playing catch-up and accelerating the last 40 meters. She’ll medal but i don’t see a world record till she fix that start.

She just clocked ANOTHER 10.6 time....with a bad start after cruising a 10.8. The weights and resistance training (moreso this because it's more effective) is the answer for the brute strength to get faster out of the blocks.
Fraser Pryce didn't catch Richardson until a week ago. Her acceleration gets her to a higher top speed and holds it better with almost perfect rebound. I see her clocking 10.51 or get hot at tie or break the record with Pryce...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back