Serious Question to all the Greeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No don't close the thread because there is still a lot of ignorance/confusion going on. True enough, it'll never be cleared up (I feel ya'll, I really do) but it still needs to be said.

Kreme, you're talking apples and oranges dude, pick a fruit. If you mean non-panhellinic say that, but you keep speaking non-greek and honestly your argument still relates to KKPSI. The idea that they(we) don't want to be non-panhellenic on any campus has already been stated. But by your argument then they(we) are greek.

Bandfan, my biggest problem was that you singled out KKPSI. I've been wearing boots since you were in middle school, perhaps even elementary and every other fraternity did at the time. This is my first time ever hearing about the significance of boots to Omega Psi Phi. Yet I'm sure KKPSI is not the only one you or your frat brothers ever saw wearing boots. That was my small problem with your comments. I'll leave the rest alone.

LS, I feel ya dude. As a member of the JSU chapter of KKPSI, when there was a chapter, lets just say the people you mentioned are extemely stupid and the people who allowed them to do it are as well. I'm sure you can feel me. Think about how you would feel if it happened to Delta Phi.

Overall, from reading these comments I seem to sense a little animosity from both sides. The Greeks (Panhellenic :D) say everything is cool, but seem to not be. Some that is. The people mentioned (KKPSI, Tau Beta Sigma, PMA, etc.) seem to want to leave it alone. Maybe because they've heard it all before. Huh, SLT?? :D and then the others people who are both are trying to give you a perspective, but some can't hear it.

Somebody mentioned division earlier, and this is a clear example. Why?? Why does there have to be any thing. Just do yours, I'll do mine and we'll all help to better society and get along. But that would only be in a perfect world. Lord knows this ain't one..........

Bengal E said:
Bandfan, my biggest problem was that you singled out KKPSI. I've been wearing boots since you were in middle school, perhaps even elementary and every other fraternity did at the time. This is my first time ever hearing about the significance of boots to Omega Psi Phi. Yet I'm sure KKPSI is not the only one you or your frat brothers ever saw wearing boots. That was my small problem with your comments. I'll leave the rest alone.

I wasnt singling out KKY to diss them or disrespect them. I said them cause they are were the first that came to mind with regarding "Boots". I see some Sigmas wearing boots, but not as much as KKY. If you want to wear boots........COOL. I just always wondered If they were part of Kappa Kappa Psi tradition/founding or was it something that came later or even adopted by the members at Historically Black Colleges. I am not a member of KKY, so I dont know. Im quite sure no member would tell me if it was or not. (Why would a member tell a non member about their organization?). I will just have to be ignorant of that forrever. Same goes with the "Throwing up the HOOKS with the Psi". I just wondered about that. IM not a PSI so I wouldnt know.

But that was no way disrespect any Greek lettered or non Pan organization.

And in no way, shape, form or fashion did my question, comment, require or warrent a personal attack on Me being an OMEGA or what someone "KNOWS" about me.

Bengal E said:
Somebody mentioned division earlier, and this is a clear example. Why?? Why does there have to be any thing. Just do yours, I'll do mine and we'll all help to better society and get along. But that would only be in a perfect world. Lord knows this ain't one..........

So true, frat....so true...:smh:

Only my people....:(

BandFan said:
And in no way, shape, form or fashion did my question, comment, require or warrent a personal attack on Me being an OMEGA or what someone "KNOWS" about me.

...take it how you want to playa; I'own give'a fuggg!

I stated the obvious, that a lot of mofo's on these boards probably wanted to say.

Kreme...you my boi, but ummm ain feelin what'cha sayin. :smh:

"Snake"

The originator asked how do you feel/ or view other orgs?

I'm trying to understand why anyone would feel anything towards another group that they are NOT part of? With the exception of para/or other details that are patented/trademarked by a specific org, anything else is fair game(boots, military gear, etc).

So what is the big deal? I'm beginning to see a pattern with a problem with KKPsi in particular. Apparently, that musical org is NOT the one with the problem. Let it go people!

CriTAUcal said:
I've seen the same issue on the other board.

One thing is that members of KKPsi have went on the pledge the Divine 9. Some of those same people have brought back to KKPsi some pledging techniques, apparel, style, etc.

That was college people. Don't ya'll have other things that are more important such as faith, families, careers, etc. :rolleyes: *sheesh*

PsiSnake said:

I stated the obvious, that a lot of mofo's on these boards probably wanted to say.

Kreme...you my boi, but ummm ain feelin what'cha sayin. :smh:

"Snake"

What up Snake...long time. You know you my boi too but, what part of what i'm saying are you not feeling. I think alot of people are misunderstanding what I'm saying but please enlighten me... :confused:

CriTAUcal said:
maybe on your part...

Crit... :confused: what am I mis-reading, or what am I saying that you don't agree with or that isn't true!!! I'm sincerly tring to understand what you and Snake disagree with me about. Holla back.

Bengal E, you hit it dead on the head. I for one, think that if some of us on here put as much time and effort into our particular organizations as we are putting into this thread, we would all realize how small and minute this dialogue really is.

STL, you are wayyyy off on this one..... One thing is that members of KKPsi have went on the pledge the Divine 9. Some of those same people have brought back to KKPsi some pledging techniques, apparel, style, etc. :smh: WRONG ANSWER, but if that's how you feel, then you have that to do.

BANDFAN, you mean to tell me that MILITARY boots are part of the Omegas ritual? LOL...imagining Coleman, Love, Just and Cooper at the first ceremony in frat boots and a suit.

docmump, you call it NESS but I say, in all your getting...get understanding.

Crit :wavey:

Jazz said:
STL, you are wayyyy off on this one..... One thing is that members of KKPsi have went on the pledge the Divine 9. Some of those same people have brought back to KKPsi some pledging techniques, apparel, style, etc. :smh: WRONG ANSWER, but if that's how you feel, then you have that to do.

That's SLT......;) I said ONE THING, DUDE!! Ya'll need to stop half-reading shat! :mad:

If you say so.....but pledging as it is now done was not a part of obtaining admission into music orgs when it first orginated waaaaaaaaaay back. And if you think that some of those people didn't bring some of that pledging process or style back to these so called non-greek orgs, you are sadly mistaken. KKPsi & TBS were designed for the betterment of all bands. Now just when did you think the stepping showed up? Oh yeah, back in 1946.
:rolleyes:

I see denial isn't only a river in Egypt. :lol: But if that's how you feel, then you have that to do...or whatever you said up there.^^

The boots, paddles, are not trademarked to any org. I think out of respect, KKPsi would NOT wear GOLD boots. But I have seen them paint them white. What's the BIG deal..!!! Of course, when I was in school, KKPsi also wore white or blue warm up pants stuffed in the boots to rehearsal.

Again.....KKPsi is NOT the one with the problem. Apparently it is something about these guys that is hated. Always heard, that if people are always talking about you, there must be something about you they like! :smug2:

Some of ya'll need to get a life and move on with it.

kremesaver said:
Crit... :confused: what am I mis-reading, or what am I saying that you don't agree with or that isn't true!!! I'm sincerly tring to understand what you and Snake disagree with me about. Holla back.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you have said. But I do think that some people of the Pan-Hellenic have yet to realize (or understand) what we have been saying through out these posts... and that is: We're NOT trying to be apart of or like the Pan-Hellenic. We're not the ones who bring up these threads.

kremesaver said:
what part of what i'm saying are you not feeling. I think alot of people are misunderstanding what I'm saying but please enlighten me...

I'own know man; that GREEK & NON-GREEK thingy I guess. If greek letters are apart of a "legitimate" organization, how can they not be greek? Note the quotations around legitimate....I'm not speaking of Groove phi Groove, Slappa phi Volley, etc.; dont know if they are legit or not ~shrugs~ KKY/TBS are; we have a national headquarters, annual conventions, districts, etc; the same as the likes of the other Greeks(Divine 9).

What I'm gettin at is; maybe if you made your point using Pan Hhell -vs- Non-Pan Hhell, then I might can get wit that; but I guess you are sold on who are considered not greek. It just doesn't make logical sense to me. I'm Greek, I'own care what'cha say.

Jazz..whats your take on Kreme assessment? We've had this convo before and I disagreed with your philosophy also. You aint really said nuthin. Why you so quiet bruh?

"Snake"

PsiSnake said:

No one has said anything to me, and if they did I WOULDNT GIVE A FUGG.
Again, Thinking you know folx. :rolleyes:

Jazz said:
BANDFAN, you mean to tell me that MILITARY boots are part of the Omegas ritual? LOL...imagining Coleman, Love, Just and Cooper at the first ceremony in frat boots and a suit.

I aint saying a word!!!!
:shh:

I dont know anyones RIT, secrets or FRAT business but my own. I just always wondered was it as DEEP in their Orgs as it in mine. Hell, I dont even think that ZOCK (SU - KKPsi, KAA - Omega Psi Phi) would even tell me, and we are Distance sands 1 day apart Bruhz. Its not my business, but like I said, I ALWAYS WONDERED!!!!!!

To be grown folks, some of you futhamuckas can sure as hell act ridiculously childish.

STUPID AS FUKK if you will.

Who gives a damn about ya fukkin boots? Can you sleep at night? When you look in the mirror each day, do you have an appreciation for what YOU have CONTRIBUTED to YOUR organization?

If so, then GREAT!

If not, then TOO FUKKING BAD! WORK IT OUT!

Futhamuckas get on my damned nerves always beefin on STUPID S.HIT!

Psi's wear boot, Ques wear boots. Hell, I wanted to, I could gather up a gang of Sorors, and WE could wear boots, and DARE anyone to say ISHT about it, but we wouldn't get SO DAMNED DEFENSIVE if inquiries were made. There is NO NEED to get SO DAMNED PISSY about a simple assed question!

"We don't give a damn what y'all think."
"We don't need Pan Hell approval."
"We this/we that"

WHAT THA FUKK EVER! If you don't need approval, if you don't care whether or not you have it, then SHUT THA FUKK UP letting us know! I don't HAVE to let anyone know that I DGAF about them or their opinions, because my actions make my feelings and intentions PLAIN and CLEAR.

This thread has denegrated into some of the basest, IGNANTEST isht I have ever had the misfortune of reading!

DAMN! :redhot:

SLT said:
That's SLT......;) I said ONE THING, DUDE!! Ya'll need to stop half-reading shat! :mad:

If you say so.....but pledging as it is now done was not a part of obtaining admission into music orgs when it first orginated waaaaaaaaaay back. And if you think that some of those people didn't bring some of that pledging process or style back to these so called non-greek orgs, you are sadly mistaken. KKPsi & TBS were designed for the betterment of all bands. Now just when did you think the stepping showed up? Oh yeah, back in 1946.
:rolleyes:

I see denial isn't only a river in Egypt. :lol: But if that's how you feel, then you have that to do...or whatever you said up there.^^

The boots, paddles, are not trademarked to any org. I think out of respect, KKPsi would NOT wear GOLD boots. But I have seen them paint them white. What's the BIG deal..!!! Of course, when I was in school, KKPsi also wore white or blue warm up pants stuffed in the boots to rehearsal.

Again.....KKPsi is NOT the one with the problem. Apparently it is something about these guys that is hated. Always heard, that if people are always talking about you, there must be something about you they like! :smug2:

Some of ya'll need to get a life and move on with it.

I quoted it exactly as you said it, which was why I did a copy and paste on your ONE THING ...but anyway, its okay to agree to disagree...that's a right that we both have. Neither you nor I was there in the beginning to say how the pledge process was done. If I had to have my say, I would be inclind to believe that it wasn't any of that LAWSUIT HAZING going on then that we are seeing here today but that's another topic altogether. And as far as stepping, well let's just say its a ANCESTRAL, Black tradition and heritage thing all together. No ONE organization can claim the FAME to that, TRUST!

...Moving on in Life as you put.

PsiSnake said:
Jazz..whats your take on Kreme assessment? We've had this convo before and I disagreed with your philosophy also. You aint really said nuthin. Why you so quiet bruh?
"Snake"

I have no argument for them...WE all know the deal in here, that's why its such a HOT topic! There is only one difference and its already been stated, that there are Pan Hell greek letter organizations and Non-Pan Hell greek letter organizations. Case Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back