Serious Question to all the Greeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CriTAUcal said:
BandFan, don't get mad at KKY about the boots.
College band students wear the combat boots during marching season, especially at Jackson State. And they spray the boots, as well.
It's not meant to disrespect your organization.

I just always wondered if it was part of their tradional/founding as it is in OMEGA.
I understand the military aspect of most fraternal organizations(mindframe, attitude, discipline etc), but no one has had the Miliant look as the Omegas.

BandFan said:
HOw so? This I would like to hear.

Since you know me so WELL!!!!!!
This is what I had to say. I have no ill feelings towards any FRAT, I just always wondered if the boots had some deep, traditional meeting in other frats (KKY, AphiA, PBS etc).

It is what it is. You tha one that posts, and make reference to something omega related every other time. But do you; if you like it I love it.....but please believe that folks you went to school wit know tha real deal. Thats Wsup!

....the boots; why does it matter to you anyway? We/I'own give'a fugg whatever tha hhell the Ques or any fraternity do! or wear! It aint that serious and none of my business. The remarks you made sounds like a ig'nant Neo, that just crossed undergrad, and thank the ques is gods greatest gift to the world. HA

"Snake"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
PsiSnake said:
It is what it is. You tha one that posts, and make reference to something omega related every other time. But do you; if you like it I love it.....but please believe that folks you went to school wit know tha real deal. Thats Wsup!

....the boots; why does it matter to you anyway? We/I'own give'a fugg whatever tha hhell the Ques or any fraternity do! or wear! It aint that serious and none of my business. The remarks you made sounds like a ig'nant Neo, that just crossed undergrad, and thank the ques is gods greatest gift to the world. HA

"Snake"

Please tell me what went on at school, you Obviously know. What is the deal????

"Snake" whatever goes on in my world is really no concern of yours. Your opinion of me and my FRAT does not wake me up in the morning.
I am an OMEGA, tried and true, plain and simple. You are too wrapped up in my personally, that is what I can gather from your comments. I dont go looking for every comment you make on the board. I could care less about if you talked about Kappa, KKY, or your tennis shoes. YOu dont warrent that much attention from me.

What I eat shouldnt make you SCHIT.

Back to the subject: I dont disrespect any member of any GReek lettered organization. Maybe I used the wrong choice of worlds when I said "problem". The word I was looking for was"wondered". I always wondered about KKY and the boots.

......OH and you can check all the comments Im made on this board by clicking my name and "view all post". Outside of the GREEK forum there is little to no mention of OMEGA PSI PHI. Since you like checking up on me.

Why speak about OMEGA in the GREEK FOREM......................cause IM GREEK and its a GREEK forem.

:rolleyes:

BandFan said:
Please tell me what went on at school, you Obviously know. What is the deal????

"Snake" whatever goes on in my world is really no concern of yours. Your opinion of me and my FRAT does not wake me up in the morning.
I am an OMEGA, tried and true, plain and simple. You are too wrapped up in my personally, that is what I can gather from your comments. I dont go looking for every comment you make on the board. I could care less about if you talked about Kappa, KKY, or your tennis shoes. YOu dont warrent that much attention from me.

......Bandfan, you right. I dont give'a fugg and have know concerns about "your world"; because you made it known that your world can be a big azzz lie; but fugg that! When you post stupid schytt that comes from "your world", I have know problem telling you about the "real world" shawt.

Dont worry bout the "speak about omega" thingy; I see I went wayyyy over your head; your bad!

"Snake"

PsiSnake said:
......Bandfan, you right. I dont give'a fugg and have know concerns about "your world"; because you made it known that your world can be a big azzz lie; but fugg that! When you post stupid schytt that comes from "your world", I have know problem telling you about the "real world" shawt.

Dont worry bout the "speak about omega" thingy; I see I went wayyyy over your head; your bad!

"Snake"

Thanks.
:tup:

PsiSnake said:
Nu Epsilon NEVER had a problem with whatever we did; boots, hand sign, it didnt matter. Statement like this tells me how ignorant you really are. So I guess, nobody is suppose to wear camouflage pants, no shaved heads either hunh?

Dude you a character when it comes to Que Psi Phi. Currently, living your Omega dream you wish you had at the undergrad level.

"Snake"
Where is the popcorn. This is going to be good.

can we all just get along lol :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

kremesaver said:
Actually, it has been stated they aren't greek organizations. They are greek Lettered organizations. Not tring to be funny but their is a difference.

EX...KKY (Kappa Kappa Psi) is a greek-lettered band fraternity but its a non-greek organization. Same as the other organizations stated above.

Using that theory, all of the organizations are Greek-Lettered since none of them have any establishments from Greece itself. :SMH:

Thats why the term non pan-hellinic is used (politicly correct(sp)) since they are not and will never attempt to become a member. This is only a problem on the HBCU campuses and those that don't understand it. Spray painting boots, have a tree or anything else is not limited to those in the Pan Hellinic counsel, It differs from campus to campus.

Fiyah said:
Using that theory, all of the organizations are Greek-Lettered since none of them have any establishments from Greece itself. :SMH:

Thats why the term non pan-hellinic is used (politicly correct(sp)) since they are not and will never attempt to become a member. This is only a problem on the HBCU campuses and those that don't understand it. Spray painting boots, have a tree or anything else is not limited to those in the Pan Hellinic counsel, It differs from campus to campus.

"TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN!" :tup: :tup:

Fiyah said:

Not a theory, a fact!!! Now you are right about one thing.....all of the organizations are Greek-Lettered. However, their is a difference between a Greek, Greek-Lettered organization and a Non-Greek Greek-Lettered organization!!!! :lecture: And you're wrong about one thing. I don't know about your organization, but mine has plenty establishments from Greece!!! Hell, thats what makes it Greek!!! I'm not gonna get into any ritualistic practices but anyone from the pan-hell can tell you that their cardinal priciples derives from Greece!!! The pan-hell isn't by mistake. If that were the case, it wouldn't be the divine 9, it would be the divine 9+. Just because a frat or sorority has greek letters in the name and possess a coat-of-arms does not, I repeat, not make it greek!!! Their is a difference. :nod2: Wether they want to admit it or not, any Psi, TBS, or Phi Mu Alpha will tell you that they are non-greek. G-Phi-G(Groove Phi Groove) is a prime example!!! Haven't heard of it huh?? It exist...trust!!! Don't get me wrong, I have close friends in KKY, TBS, and PHI MU and have never had any beef with any member of their organizations.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Funny topic...but yeah, I have heard of GPhiG. There were about 4 or 5 of them on campus when I was on the yard.

ONELOVE

kremesaver said:
all of the organizations are Greek-Lettered. However, their is a difference between a Greek, Greek-Lettered organization and a Non-Greek Greek-Lettered organization!!!! :lecture:

anyone from the pan-hell can tell you that their cardinal priciples derives from Greece!!! The pan-hell isn't by mistake. If that were the case, it wouldn't be the divine 9, it would be the divine 9+. Just because a frat or sorority has greek letters in the name and possess a coat-of-arms does not, I repeat, not make it greek!!! Their is a difference. :nod2:

G-Phi-G(Groove Phi Groove) is a prime example!!! Haven't heard of it huh?? It exist...trust!!!

So using your theory again :( The only greek organizations are those that are in the Divine 9?

So none of these organizations are greek?
examples: Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Phi Kappa Psi, Pi Beta Phi, ETC....

And yes I know about Groove Phi Groove. I also know about Swing Phi Swing, Wisconsin Sleepers, Rhomeos and Alpha Phi Omega just to name a few. Do you want me to name some more for you?

Again there is a difference between Pan Hellinic and those that are not.
Do you even know about the NIC,NPC,NPHC or the NALFO (just to name a few)?

Fiyah said:
So using your theory again :( The only greek organizations are those that are in the Divine 9?

So none of these organizations are greek?
examples: Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Phi Kappa Psi, Pi Beta Phi, ETC....

And yes I know about Groove Phi Groove. I also know about Swing Phi Swing, Wisconsin Sleepers, Rhomeos and Alpha Phi Omega just to name a few. Do you want me to name some more for you?

Again there is a difference between Pan Hellinic and those that are not.
Do you even know about the NIC,NPC,NPHC or the NALFO (just to name a few)?

Some yes and some no. And no, I know the Divine 9 aren't the only Greeks. I was commenting in reference to the bands greek-lettered organizations. We can go on for days. Then pan hellenic council is a consensus of BLACK Greek organizations. You know, thats why it was founded!! I know my greek history. We can go to the first one, phi beta kapp(1776) but I won't go their. My point is, :lecture: the starter of this thread said ...........1) he meant no harm or disrespect to any of the band frats, he just had an honest question. 2) I just corrected a statement about someone saying the band frats are greek too.

:lecture: It has nothing to do with the pan-hell. KKY/TBS, greek or not will never be a part of the pan because is not a black founded greek organizations. Even in the white councils, KKY/TBS are not greek either!!! They are just what they are....Band fraternity/sororites that carries a greek-lettered name. Until you know what a greek organization is an a non-greek one, you can never understand. You named a good bit of greek-letterd organiztions. They are all greek-lettered but have different entities. Greek frats, Business frats, music frats, band frats. All greek lettered but not all greek. Thats a mere fact. Anyone prove that its not.

ps....This is not a sad topic. People look down on stuff they don't understand. I actually think the starter of this thread cleared alot of air that many didn't want to take a stab at. Hopefully now, some of you can have a better mind set with the FACTS that were provided. But I don't think he meant to look down on non greek fraternities/sororities. He just ask a question. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back