Serious Question to all the Greeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax

Chief Trolling offICEr
I pose a serious question to all members of the Divine 9... This may have been discussed already. If this is a repeat, I offer my apologies.

What is your take/opinion on non-greek orgs at your school or at other schools you may have heard about? For example, KKPsi, TBS, Phi Mu Alpha, APO, Gamma Sigma Sigma, U Phi U, Omega Tau Pi, etc.,

How do you view them or feel about them?

yeah, they did their thing back in 1992-1995. Some greeks respected them, some did not.

Jazz said:
In your opinion, why do you think that some did not respect them?

Tandy:

You have some greeks out there on the yard that think they own the rights to steppin, strollin, and having greek letters on their chest, car, tree, etc.,

They laugh and mock those who decide to start their own organization for one reason or another. I, for one, have no problems with non greek orgs. As long as they uphold their principles, ideas and mission of their org, then its cool w/me.

Jax1906 said:
Tandy:

I, for one, have no problems with non greek orgs. As long as they uphold their principles, ideas and mission of their org, then its cool w/me.

Why do you think that they are a non-greek organization?

Using that logic you would catagorize all the greek lettered organizations at PWC's as non-greek too.

How about using the term "Non-Pan Hellinic"?

Jax1906 said:
Tandy:

You have some greeks out there on the yard that think they own the rights to steppin, strollin, and having greek letters on their chest, car, tree, etc.,

They laugh and mock those who decide to start their own organization for one reason or another. I, for one, have no problems with non greek orgs. As long as they uphold their principles, ideas and mission of their org, then its cool w/me.

What's good Kelley:

I just posed the question because I remember as a charter member, of Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity...I recall those who in my opinion had small and closed minds towards the org. But like they say, time bring about a change...and they (KKPsi/TBS) is a norm now on Normal's Hill.

Hmmm, interesting conversation. Bottom line for me, I don't view them as a member of the Divine Nine.

Fiyah said:

Using that logic you would catagorize all the greek lettered organizations at PWC's as non-greek too.

Non Pan-Hellinic...Thanks.

Jax1906 said:

Co-sign.

Most of the orgs you named, I'm not familiar with, excluding KKY and TBS. I have no problem with either org., but never understood why some of these guys in DA BOOM would want to "pledge" that when the chapter has been inactive for quite some time (to my understanding). But to each his own......

As for Phi Mu Alpha, they are new to JSU. But what I noticed is that most of the members of this organization attempted to pledge a Divine 9 org. at one time or another, so it was inevitable that they would be labeled as "rejects". But like my frat said, if they adhere to the principles and ideas of their org., then they will get the utmost respect on the yard.

Fiyah said:

Actually, it has been stated they aren't greek organizations. They are greek Lettered organizations. Not tring to be funny but their is a difference.

EX...KKY (Kappa Kappa Psi) is a greek-lettered band fraternity but its a non-greek organization. Same as the other organizations stated above.

LS Syndicate said:
Co-sign.

Most of the orgs you named, I'm not familiar with, excluding KKY and TBS. I have no problem with either org., but never understood why some of these guys in DA BOOM would want to "pledge" that when the chapter has been inactive for quite some time (to my understanding). But to each his own......

As for Phi Mu Alpha, they are new to JSU. But what I noticed is that most of the members of this organization attempted to pledge a Divine 9 org. at one time or another, so it was inevitable that they would be labeled as "rejects". But like my frat said, if they adhere to the principles and ideas of their org., then they will get the utmost respect on the yard.

Phi Mu Alpha just got to JSU?? WOW!

Music was my minor and they wanted me to pledge.

docmump said:
I dont care. As long as they dont disrespect Sigma, Sigma should not disrespect them.

Word...I can dig that! It's funny that you say that though? I remember back when we (Kappa Kappa Psi) were first chatered at A&M, we had to work out a few kinks with the Sigmas, LOL. They had a problem with us throwing up the Psi, because it was so similar to the sign in which they threw up but nevertheless, it all work out for the better good.

Jazz said:
Word...I can dig that! It's funny that you say that though? I remember back when we (Kappa Kappa Psi) were first chatered at A&M, we had to work out a few kinks with the Sigmas, LOL. They had a problem with us throwing up the Psi, because it was so similar to the sign in which they threw up but nevertheless, it all work out for the better good.
When I was at TSU, the KKPsi threw a different sign. Now they throw the MAB. *snicker* I guess the frat on campus have no issues with that.Oh well. Also, at TSU, the band people (KKPsi/TBS/PhiMA/etc) never come to where the Pan-Hell or social/service organizations hang out. They stay in their own little world at the band hall.

docmump said:
When I was at TSU, the KKPsi threw a different sign. Now they throw the MAB. *snicker* I guess the frat on campus have no issues with that.Oh well. Also, at TSU, the band people (KKPsi/TBS/PhiMA/etc) never come to where the Pan-Hell or social/service organizations hang out. They stay in their own little world at the band hall.

Yeah I have seen the Psi thrown 2 different ways, one with the Thumb out and one with the Thumb in. On our campus, we had the Thumb in and we were all over the yard... matter of fact, our stone was located on the block right along with all of the other Pan-Hell Greek Letter organizations, right in front of the Omegas and next to the Kappas. By the way, you forgot the GO in front of MAB didn't you, lol. :hat:

Jazz said:
Yeah I have seen the Psi thrown 2 different ways, one with the Thumb out and one with the Thumb in. On our campus, we had the Thumb in and we were all over the yard... matter of fact, our stone was located on the block right along with all of the other Pan-Hell Greek Letter organizations, right in front of the Omegas and next to the Kappas. By the way, you forgot the GO in front of MAB didn't you, lol. :hat:
Actually no. That's like telling you only to say 1906 when you just say 06. :smh:

docmump said:
I dont care. As long as they dont disrespect Sigma, Sigma should not disrespect them.

Co sign.

I did/and some what still do have a small problem with Kappa Kappa Psi. They throw up the "PSI" like the HOOK in OMEGA and they have spray-painted boots.

Those spray-painted boots mean something DEAR to OMEGA. Im not a member of KKY and I know NOTHING about their FRAT,but Ive always wondered does the boots have something to do with their founders and traditions or was it something they did to emulate the Ques. I definitely dont see white members of KKY wearing Boots.

Some of my Frat brothers that are from PWC always wondered about the PSI's. I have to explain that they are a Band Fraternity and they are cool, but some of the Bruhz think they are copying and disrespecting the FRAT. It almost got ugly in Atlanta in 2004 at Honda when KKY tried to do "BULLSH@T" ( a Traditional OMEGA PSI PHI step/hop). Even Phi Mu Alphas are wearing spraypainted boots. If its part of your tradition then cool, but I've been around the Ques and KKY along time and even when my cousin pledged KKY at MSVU waaaaaaay back in the day, none of them ever wore boots.

Just dont disrepect my FRAT and Im cool with yours. I respect all Greek lettered organizations. JUST RESPECT MINE.
:nod:

docmump said:
Actually no. That's like telling you only to say 1906 when you just say 06. :smh:

I feel ya, no pun intended...lol. And BandFan I see what you are saying about the painted boots but what's the difference between the Sigmas and the Alpha's wearing painted boots and KKPsi wearing them?

BandFan said:
Co sign.

I did/and some what still do have a small problem with Kappa Kappa Psi. They throw up the "PSI" like the HOOK in OMEGA and they have spray-painted boots.

Those spray-painted boots mean something DEAR to OMEGA. Im not a member of KKY and I know NOTHING about their FRAT,but Ive always wondered does the boots have something to do with their founders and traditions or was it something they did to emulate the Ques. I definitely dont see white members of KKY wearing Boots.

Some of my Frat brothers that are from PWC always wondered about the PSI's. I have to explain that they are a Band Fraternity and they are cool, but some of the Bruhz think they are copying and disrespecting the FRAT. It almost got ugly in Atlanta in 2004 at Honda when KKY tried to do "BULLSH@T" ( a Traditional OMEGA PSI PHI step/hop). Even Phi Mu Alphas are wearing spraypainted boots. If its part of your tradition then cool, but I've been around the Ques and KKY along time and even when my cousin pledged KKY at MSVU waaaaaaay back in the day, none of them ever wore boots.

Just dont disrepect my FRAT and Im cool with yours. I respect all Greek lettered organizations. JUST RESPECT MINE.
:nod:

Nu Epsilon NEVER had a problem with whatever we did; boots, hand sign, it didnt matter. Statement like this tells me how ignorant you really are. So I guess, nobody is suppose to wear camouflage pants, no shaved heads either hunh?

Dude you a character when it comes to Que Psi Phi. Currently, living your Omega dream you wish you had at the undergrad level.

"Snake"

BandFan, don't get mad at KKY about the boots.
College band students wear the combat boots during marching season, especially at Jackson State. And they spray the boots, as well.
It's not meant to disrespect your organization.

PsiSnake said:
Dude you a character when it comes to Que Psi Phi. Currently, living your Omega dream you wish you had at the undergrad level.

HOw so? This I would like to hear.

Since you know me so WELL!!!!!!
This is what I had to say. I have no ill feelings towards any FRAT, I just always wondered if the boots had some deep, traditional meeting in other frats (KKY, AphiA, PBS etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back