Rivalry Aside: Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That message is downright sad. Do you all honestly believe Haymer is sincere? He may be but if I sent out kind words to AAMU, SU or AlaState, would you buy it? HELL NO! lol This is just another attempt at grand standing by the jackleg director...

JaySBlue, you have a lot to learn about SU.
:snicker:

Not at all, it was a first annual book festival. Why in the world would you need confederate flags at a dang book festival??
Not to explain away the rednecks, but many of the confederate folks have been there for several days rallying to keep the confederate seal on the state flag.
The BOOM just happened to show up while they were there.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Same thing I did when I read that. SMH that was a sincere message I think from Haymer dealing with something we ALL have to deal with.
But one can understand where some JSU folks are coming from, especially with Haymer's history of being not so honest.

How in the world did this post go South about who hurt who last year and who demolished who? Stick to the purpose people...We have much work to do beside arguing about a darn band rivalry. Meanwhile back in whoville, they are planning to disrupt another rally or showing of our HBCU students.

What was disrupted?

I honestly do think he was sincere. We talked about this post at church last night here in Baton Rouge and I absolutely think the brother was sincere. Why post it? He had nothing to gain by initiating such a post. If you are a musician or past musician and or HBCU grad or student, this picture makes your stomach turn.

Yeah. why post it? Are members of the BOOM scared for life or something because confederate flags were flown during their performance. Im sure it wasn't the first or last time. Maybe Haymer had a quick finger and didn't know what the hell he was posting about.

That message is downright sad. Do you all honestly believe Haymer is sincere? He may be but if I sent out kind words to AAMU, SU or AlaState, would you buy it? HELL NO! lol This is just another attempt at grand standing by the jackleg director...

JaySBlue, you have a lot to learn about SU.
And u know alot about Southern? Boy please!

I wish Haymer would keep Jackson State out his mouth! "Even a fool, when he holds his peace, is counted wise and he that shuts his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
news-n-coffee.gif

Last edited:
How in the world did this post go South about who hurt who last year and who demolished who? Stick to the purpose people...We have much work to do beside arguing about a darn band rivalry. Meanwhile back in whoville, they are planning to disrupt another rally or showing of our HBCU students.

The exact few I was referring too at the end of the message. I cant even begin to understand the logic of some people that would rather put a rivalry, smack, and what was said, done, etc. before what's actually going on in the world. Dudes really in here looking for negativity by breaking down what this man was trying to say and do. All he did was give JSU props on promoting class in front of ignorance. Whether it was sincere or not doesn't even matter because obviously some of the folks from JSU commenting don't care about what was going on in front of the students of the band from their own school but would rather talk about the person that said it, smh. At the end of the day, I don't care for SU just as much as the next person from JSU but if the shoe was on the other foot I'd support them too.

We are our own worst enemy, literally. Way too much pride, not enough sense.

Not to explain away the rednecks, but many of the confederate folks have been there for several days rallying to keep the confederate seal on the state flag.
The BOOM just happened to show up while they were there.

And I'm guessing you forgot what that flag stood for and why people wanted it removed, huh?

Wow. Just...wow...smh. Didn't take long, either

Forget that Haymer is from the Sipp, and an educator, first. He can't speak on anything larger than bands and the SU/JSt rivalry, huh?

Just...wow. smh @ you small time JSt'ers (that this applies to)

Yeah. why post it? Are members of the BOOM scared for life or something because confederate flags were flown during their performance. Im sure it wasn't the first or last time. Maybe Haymer had a quick finger and didn't know what the hell he was posting about.
He didn't.

The exact few I was referring too at the end of the message. I cant even begin to understand the logic of some people that would rather put a rivalry, smack, and what was said, done, etc. before what's actually going on in the world. Dudes really in here looking for negativity by breaking down what this man was trying to say and do. All he did was give JSU props on promoting class in front of ignorance. Whether it was sincere or not doesn't even matter because obviously some of the folks from JSU commenting don't care about what was going on in front of the students of the band from their own school but would rather talk about the person that said it, smh. At the end of the day, I don't care for SU just as much as the next person from JSU but if the shoe was on the other foot I'd support them too.

We are our own worst enemy, literally. Way too much pride, not enough sense.
No, you're mistaken. No need for Haymer to talk about it, he needs to BE about it. What he did out of dishonesty to his own people speaks volumes more than what sends out on a tweet message.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Have to agree with all your comments. But you see y i didnt want to go to j state majority of them are just stupid. Smh
Now you're showing your ignorance. Have you polled the many thousands of JSU fans to decipher various opinions? No you haven't.
Those confederate folks were there days before The BOOM arrived.
By the time The BOOM got there, most of the pro-confederate folks had already left, so in essence, they weren't protesting against The BOOM, they were protesting their right to fly that sorry ass flag.

That's what TP meant as far as those folks not having anything to do with The BOOM's performance, because it didn't..

Now you're showing your ignorance. Have you polled the many thousands of JSU fans to decipher various opinions? No you haven't.
Those confederate folks were there days before The BOOM arrived.
By the time The BOOM got there, most of the pro-confederate folks had already left.
Hmmm... U must knew i was speaking of u. Smh

You said "MOST" of JSU folks. How can one person out of thousands be "most"?
U are amongst the most. Which means u respond to what i quoted which also means when i posted u felt some type of way about what i said so u must be ONE OF the stupid ones.

U are amongst the most. Which means u respond to what i quoted which also means when i posted u felt some type of way about what i said so u must be ONE OF the stupid ones.
Dude, you make no sense. You clearly said MOST. I'm ONE of MANY but I'm not most. Got it? Good.

Dude, you make no sense. You clearly said MOST. I'm ONE of MANY but I'm not most. Got it? Good.
This why no one pays attention to the drunk monkey...LOL

If you're not in the "most" category of a group...you don't include yourself because you're one of many. You can't be this...oh wait..yea, you are that stupid

I'm sure this dude is on his way to Mississippi with his flag.

elJ1Z3U5TnJrQ2sx_o_h-k-edgerton-on-confederate-flag-in-columbia-sc.jpg

Last edited:
haymer posted that to get publicity likes , so people can donate to the southern charity band over there in LA.... Don't fall for it ! sike jk he came off sincere cause it is a major issue but I just question his intentions fresh off of talking mess about the boom and the boombox botb debacle....

Is that Haymer in that photo holding the Confederate flag?

Nope...That dude is from North Carolina. And he's not about to allow some black band take his flag down from the Mississippi State Capital Building in Jackson, MS.

Just a little warning for you folks in Mississippi. LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back