Rivalry Aside: Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaySBlue

THEEiLove
Nathan B. Haymer:

After receiving several text messages about the JSU Sonic Boom of the South's performance at the Mississippi State Capitol among confederate flag proponents, I had to think about the situation as a black man first and an educator second. I applaud JSU for handling the situation with dignity and class. All rivalries aside, HBCUs have a mission and purpose in 2015 more than ever so before. It is up to us to combat ignorance with education. To JSU's band staff and students, you are a great example of how to persevere through adversity! God bless you!

Few may not agree, but this is something bigger than a rivalry. This is respect.

Last edited:

I was thinking about that earlier man. It's even sadder that folks know and still don't address it like it's nothing. Let it been the other way around and black folks would be in jail right now for some mess like that smh.
Believe that man!

I was thinking about that earlier man. It's even sadder that folks know and still don't address it like it's nothing. Let it been the other way around and black folks would be in jail right now for some mess like that smh.
And I bet the actual event probably had nothing to do with that flag or anything, they just showed up trying to start stuff. Fox News would have had a field day if this was the other way around.

That message is downright sad. Do you all honestly believe Haymer is sincere? He may be but if I sent out kind words to AAMU, SU or AlaState, would you buy it? HELL NO! lol This is just another attempt at grand standing by the jackleg director...

JaySBlue, you have a lot to learn about SU.

That message is downright sad. Do you all honestly believe Haymer is sincere? He may be but if I sent out kind words to AAMU, SU or AlaState, would you buy it? HELL NO! lol This is just another attempt at grand standing by the jackleg director...

I was just trying to stop for a moment and look at the bigger picture. Regardless if it was a stunt or not the pic is real and atleast somebody acknowledged it and honestly its really not even about him in the end. His band wasnt there in front of that mess, ours was. You act like I'm tryna stop the rivalry lol. Regardless, the show will go on and our schools will continue to hate/dislike each other no matter what. I been around long enough to know how this kinda stuff goes down.

And I bet the actual event probably had nothing to do with that flag or anything, they just showed up trying to start stuff. Fox News would have had a field day if this was the other way around.

Not at all, it was a first annual book festival. Why in the world would you need confederate flags at a dang book festival??

Nathan B. Haymer:

After receiving several text messages about the JSU Sonic Boom of the South's performance at the Mississippi State Capitol among confederate flag proponents, I had to think about the situation as a black man first and an educator second. I applaud JSU for handling the situation with dignity and class. All rivalries aside, HBCUs have a mission and purpose in 2015 more than ever so before. It is up to us to combat ignorance with education. To JSU's band staff and students, you are a great example of how to persevere through adversity! God bless you!

Few may not agree, but this is something bigger than a rivalry. This is respect.

Hypocrisy rears it's ugly head again! Beyond sad...
icon_idiot.gif

Last edited:

SMH

Nathan B. Haymer:

Right message, Wrong messenger! :confused:

Like I said, Haymer really hurt jSU's soul last season lol.

We can just see thru the BS. Haymer ain't hurt nobody. The only thing that hurt JSU fans last year was our football team. When the JSU football team is blowing you out of Mumford, let's see if you care how country-ghetto your band is.... Ain't nobody in Jackson worried about this self-proclaimed victory the Junkbox is trying to hold on to to make up for the TWO azz whoopins they took in 2013.

I honestly do think he was sincere. We talked about this post at church last night here in Baton Rouge and I absolutely think the brother was sincere. Why post it? He had nothing to gain by initiating such a post. If you are a musician or past musician and or HBCU grad or student, this picture makes your stomach turn.

How in the world did this post go South about who hurt who last year and who demolished who? Stick to the purpose people...We have much work to do beside arguing about a darn band rivalry. Meanwhile back in whoville, they are planning to disrupt another rally or showing of our HBCU students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back