Report: Deion Sanders not a candidate for head coaching position at Jackson State

Status
Not open for further replies.
comegy did it until APR became real. That was his Achilles Heel as he couldn’t dump the roster yearly like he did when he got there. Same with Doug.

If APR wasn’t real a Deion type hire would work quickly but if the roster is average he’s gonna need time to build and can he see it through or head on back to the Dallas suburbs and live a great life?

Ya'll make up new shit every day. JSU, in reality, never even had bad APR and when we "did", it was still better than most of the SWAC. We got penalized simply because we have a higher student body graduation rate than yall. Our APR was low because the lady in charge of doing it wasn't doing her job. When Dr. Meyers was hired and they recalculated ALL the numbers, we never should have been in APR trouble.

Also, as far as needing a roster overhaul, we dont need one. Our best players last year were our freshmen and So. You know how many Fr and So were started last year? We only had one weakness last year so what we worried about APR for?

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don't.

USM is a no-win situation for a lot of reasons. Location, money, conference, competitors in their recruiting base ... on and on.

It's possible to win at JSU. The biggest obstacle to success at JSU is the fanbase.

It's a toss up to be honest. I think the Brett Favre/ Deion combo in Hattiesburg would be a instant boom for fundraising and recruiting. Favre (white) has those connections that very few have here in MS and bringing in Deion would enhance that. Plus there is the FBS versus FCS advantage but you are right about their recruiting. That's why Deion would have to use his FL and TX connections to get those 3-4 stars that they lose out to MSU, USM, LSU, Alabama and Auburn.

Those same FL/TX connections would be an asset to JSU plus with the current climate of this country, Deion could sell Jackson State as a HBCU in a black city (just under 70% black) playing in the biggest stadium in MS in front of the best fandom in FCS attendance wise. Plus all those businesses in the metro area that ran from Jackson would want a piece of Prime Time. The key will be his coaching staff.

It's a toss up to be honest. I think the Brett Favre/ Deion combo in Hattiesburg would be a instant boom for fundraising and recruiting. Favre (white) has those connections that very few have here in MS and bringing in Deion would enhance that. Plus there is the FBS versus FCS advantage but you are right about their recruiting. That's why Deion would have to use his FL and TX connections to get those 3-4 stars that they lose out to MSU, USM, LSU, Alabama and Auburn.

Those same FL/TX connections would be an asset to JSU plus with the current climate of this country, Deion could sell Jackson State as a HBCU in a black city (just under 70% black) playing in the biggest stadium in MS in front of the best fandom in FCS attendance wise. Plus all those businesses in the metro area that ran from Jackson would want a piece of Prime Time. The key will be his coaching staff.
Just by hiring Deion automatically adds another ATLEAST 12,000 fans to our already 34k average fan base from 2019. Hell USM STADIUM ONLY HOLDS 36,000. Lol. I’m sure he will also be selling jsu as Walter Sweetness Payton’s alma mater along with the sonic boom. I can see a lot of new black owned sponsorships. This will be good not only for jsu but for the entire conference

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

... and South Alabama, Tulane, ULaLa, LaTech, and on and on. USM is getting crushed by everybody to get the kids in their backyard that they used to get.

Now, if Favre would agree to be Offensive Coordinator that would shake some things up. He did it very successfully at Oak Grove, a local high school. Not sure if Favre wants to coach and recruit. If he did, that would be something to watch.

I still think it's possible to win at JSU with fewer "what ifs". If Deion could successfully avoid the unreasonable, irrational, arrogant, illogical, ill-informed, self-important, backstabbing, backdoor dealing fans. The last five coaches have tried and failed. I doubt Deion can survive them without some meddling SOB thinking he knows something and should be listened to. Or a group of them. It's a recipe for misery and failure. It's why coaches leave there and not even mention them anymore. Talk about their coaching history and leave out Jackson State altogether.

That's the problem at JSU. Getting the rug pulled out from under you by people who know nothing, but think they should be listened to. And, unfortunately, are listened to. Leading administrators to make decisions based on emotions instead of sound reasoning.

Last edited:
... and South Alabama, Tulane, ULaLa, LaTech, and on and on. USM is getting crushed by everybody to get the kids in their backyard that they used to get.

Now, if Favre would agree to be Offensive Coordinator that would shake some things up. He did it very successfully at Oak Grove, a local high school. Not sure if Favre wants to coach and recruit. If he did, that would be something to watch.

I still think it's possible to win at JSU with fewer "what ifs". If Deion could successfully avoid the unreasonable, irrational, arrogant, illogical, ill-informed, self-important, backstabbing, backdoor dealing fans. The last five coaches have tried and failed. I doubt Deion can survive them without some meddling SOB thinking he knows something and should be listened to. Or a group of them. It's a recipe for misery and failure. It's why coaches leave there and not even mention them anymore. Talk about their coaching history and leave out Jackson State altogether.

That's the problem at JSU. Getting the rug pulled out from under you by people who know nothing, but think they should be listened to. And, unfortunately, are listened to.
If you think that JSU's fans have been the problem then maybe you SHOULD stay out of our business. If you think that James Bell, Harold Jackson, Tony Hughes were the BEST that JSU had to offer then try convince SU to hire them as their next Head Coach. I wish we knew or CARED half as much about SU as you do about JSU. The last I checked this post was JSU related...

Last edited:
I'm hear that Deion already has his staff together for

If you think that JSU's fans have been the problem then maybe you SHOULD stay out of our business. If you think that James Bell, Harold Jackson, Tony Hughes were the BEST that JSU had to offer then try convince SU to hire them as their next Head Coach. I wish we knew or CARED half as much about SU as you do about JSU. The last I checked this post was JSU related...
Hell most of jsu alums and fans didn’t even know who tony Hughes was. Lol

I'm hear that Deion already has his staff together for

You apparently don't know me. I'm going to say exactly what I want, when, and how I want. Understand?

If James Bell, Harold Jackson, and Tony Hughes weren't the best you had to offer WHY DID YOU HIRE THEM? What sound and rational reason can you give for repeatedly trotting out less than your best? Emotional decisions made by silly people. That's what happened whether you like it or not.

This is a SWAC board and this post is SWAC related.

Get out of your emotions. That's been the source of your downfall all along.

Last edited:

That's the problem at JSU. Getting the rug pulled out from under you by people who know nothing, but think they should be listened to. And, unfortunately, are listened to. Leading administrators to make decisions based on emotions instead of sound reasoning.
Y’all SU fans know nothing about jsu business. Y’all think y’all do but DNT. Our coaching issues evolved around one person and one administration and that was Dr. Myers. 95 percent of jsu fans had no dealing with firing nor hiring of any coach after Comegy was fired. So stop saying coaches gotta survive jsu fans. If a decnt coach was hired from the door which the administration handles that then we the jsu fans would not have said anything. We’ve had more of an administration problem when it came to coaches. We are just like any other fan base, we would hope our ADMINISTRATION would hire the best guy to coach our program.

Man, are y'all calling me under an unlisted number because of a post on the internet?

For real?

LOL!

Can't be serious. Nothing worse than emotional men. lol

Y’all SU fans know nothing about jsu business. Y’all think y’all do but DNT. Our coaching issues evolved around one person and one administration and that was Dr. Myers. 95 percent of jsu fans had no dealing with firing nor hiring of any coach after Comegy was fired. So stop saying coaches gotta survive jsu fans. If a decnt coach was hired from the door which the administration handles that then we the jsu fans would not have said anything. We’ve had more of an administration problem when it came to coaches. We are just like any other fan base, we would hope our ADMINISTRATION would hire the best guy to coach our program.

Look, you have to realize you're talking to a school that’s losing fans. Their fan base is shriveling up by the second. If they play bridesmaid to Alcorn one more time...... it’s a wrap.

Well said

I think it would be a good hire. I believe it would bring interest to Jsu in particular and the conference as a whole. I'd personally like to see what he can do to raise the level of play and how the remainder of the league will respond if needed. Lastly, I would NOT take a back seat to USM and concede jack. If they want something, they would need to take it if they can......LOL I believe in the fall of 2021 there will be at the very least 6 teams with coaches that will by vying for the same thing (a championship). I wouldn't underestimate none of them.....

I think it would be a good hire. I believe it would bring interest to Jsu in particular and the conference as a whole. I'd personally like to see what he can do to raise the level of play and how the remainder of the league will respond if needed. Lastly, I would NOT take a back seat to USM and concede jack. If they want something, they would need to take it if they can......LOL I believe in the fall of 2021 there will be at the very least 6 teams with coaches that will by vying for the same thing (a championship). I wouldn't underestimate none of them.....

Oh, it's the final yr @ PV. I wish we could have JSU on our 2021 schedule.

If JSU SWAC opponents don't advertise and talk this game up w/ the nfl hof'er at the JSU helm, mannnnn.... smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back