Report: Deion Sanders not a candidate for head coaching position at Jackson State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and then if he is selected as their next coach, how long will he stay if he is successful?
We dnt need a long term commitment with him if he’s successful if he chooses to leave. With the renovations on athletic facilities along with his brand especially if he’s successful on the Feild will leave us in a great situation to hire the next possible LONG TERM coach. We will be just fine.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yes, and then if he is selected as their next coach, how long will he stay if he is successful?

Well if there is anything JSU has proven, to their credit, it's that they don't believe in personality cults and fall in love with coaches. Assuming he does come and is successful, how exactly are they harmed by him leaving? This all academic in my opinion because I believe what Voice of Reason has said.

Well if there is anything JSU has proven it's that they don't believe in personality cults and fall in love with coaches. Assuming he does come and is successful, how exactly are they harmed by him leaving? This all academic in my opinion because I believe what Voice of Reason has said.

Errhhh, with all of the curses going on around Lynch Street, how do we know Jsu will not harm "Prime Time?" LMAO (Po Prime Time)

I think that if Deion is selected as head coach at JSU not only is it a win for us but a win for the SWAC. Lets just say in a worst case scenario that he does just average as our head coach, The media coverage alone and the excitement surrounding the games will be enough to bring back the glory days of the SWAC and put JSU and the SWAC in an AWESOME position to draw in talent. People forget that Valley was not a powerhouse school in the 80's but there was at lot of TV coverage around their games at that time all because of ONE person JERRY RICE. I said that to say this all it takes sometimes is one person to fill seats and bring excitement. And I think that Deion will be that person IF he is chosen as our head coach. Not only do I think he will draw big talent to JSU and win games, but the SWAC could head to a NEW day in HBCU football.

Errhhh, with all of the curses going on around Lynch Street, how do we know Jsu will not harm "Prime Time?" LMAO (Po Prime Time)
Lol ...ALL the people who were a part of the "Comegy Curse" are now all officially gone. It was under President Carolyn Meyers that Comegy was fired and If you think about it all the coaches and AD's that we had were a part of Carolyn Meyers presidency. Just think about it 2 AD's (Vivian Fuller, Wheeler Brown) 3 football coaches ( Harold Jackson, Tony Hughes, John Hendricks). These were ALL people from the Carolyn Meyers administration. John Hendricks became head coach ONLY because Tony Hughes was fired Mid season in 2018 and served as defensive coordinator. This is really the FIRST time a Head Coach will be chosen without ANYBODY being hired under that administration. Ashley Robinson will make the first head football coach hire without anybody left over from her presidency. So if there was a Comegy curse I think it just lifted..lol

Last edited:
Lol ...ALL the people who were are part of the "Comegy Curse" are now all officially gone. It was under President Carolyn Meyers that Comegy was fired and If you think about it all the coaches and AD's that we had were a part of Carolyn Meyers presidency. Just think about it 2 AD's (Vivian Fuller, Wheeler Brown) 3 football coaches ( Harold Jackson, Tony Hughes, John Hendricks). These were ALL people from the Carolyn Meyers administration. John Hendricks became head coach ONLY because Tony Hughes was fired Mid season in 2018 and served as defensive coordinator. This is really the FIRST time a Head Coach will be chosen without ANYBODY being hired under that administration. Ashley Robinson will make the first head football coach hire without anybody left over from her presidency. So if there was a Comegy curse I think it just lifted..lol
Exceptional comment. You summed it all the way up. Point blank...

Lol ...ALL the people who were a part of the "Comegy Curse" are now all officially gone. It was under President Carolyn Meyers that Comegy was fired and If you think about it all the coaches and AD's that we had were a part of Carolyn Meyers presidency. Just think about it 2 AD's (Vivian Fuller, Wheeler Brown) 3 football coaches ( Harold Jackson, Tony Hughes, John Hendricks). These were ALL people from the Carolyn Meyers administration. John Hendricks became head coach ONLY because Tony Hughes was fired Mid season in 2018 and served as defensive coordinator. This is really the FIRST time a Head Coach will be chosen without ANYBODY being hired under that administration. Ashley Robinson will make the first head football coach hire without anybody left over from her presidency. So if there was a Comegy curse I think it just lifted..lol

Well great then!

How did that last NFL legend who became coach work out for jsu?

41188240001_3461790609001_IMG-0791-1--vs.jpg

We dnt need a long term commitment with him if he’s successful if he chooses to leave. With the renovations on athletic facilities along with his brand especially if he’s successful on the Feild will leave us in a great situation to hire the next possible LONG TERM coach. We will be just fine.

We too far ahead of these folks. By December, they will be quiet as church mice. This aint the JSU led by plants. Athletically, we got the best AD in the SWAC. PV lied to us. He was too good for them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Yup, Carolyn Meyers was a great President and did wonders for JSU but athletically, she was LOST AF and listened to the wrong people. She never wanted to hire Old Man Jackson and wanted him fired in year one but when the people with the money are forcing your hand, you are stuck. PLUS, she only wanted to win. She didnt know how. JSU destroyed JSU football, not THEE QUEEN. Well, now we have an AD who aint listening to the old folks and he got a group of young alums rallying around him like never before... and guess what? you aint seen nothing yet!

How did that last NFL legend who became coach work out for jsu?

41188240001_3461790609001_IMG-0791-1--vs.jpg
And when he was around same age as Deion it prob would have been different as in much better but wait till Deion get to the age of harold jackson then we can have this conversation.

It's being said the Prime Time is suppose to sign next week or before the end of the month with jsu...

Yup, Carolyn Meyers was a great President and did wonders for JSU but athletically, she was LOST AF and listened to the wrong people. She never wanted to hire Old Man Jackson and wanted him fired in year one but when the people with the money are forcing your hand, you are stuck. PLUS, she only wanted to win. She didnt know how. JSU destroyed JSU football, not THEE QUEEN. Well, now we have an AD who aint listening to the old folks and he got a group of young alums rallying around him like never before... and guess what? you aint seen nothing yet!

A JSU person with the courage to tell the truth.

Thought I'd never see it.

With that said, I'm not convinced the young alums are any different than the old ones. The same unfounded arrogance, wishful thinking, and incompetence. I'm very skeptical Deion Sanders can or will change the fortunes of JSU football. I guess we'll see in due time.

A JSU person with the courage to tell the truth.

Thought I'd never see it.

With that said, I'm not convinced the young alums are any different than the old ones. The same unfounded arrogance, wishful thinking, and incompetence. I'm very skeptical Deion Sanders can or will change the fortunes of JSU football. I guess we'll see in due time.

comegy did it until APR became real. That was his Achilles Heel as he couldn’t dump the roster yearly like he did when he got there. Same with Doug.

If APR wasn’t real a Deion type hire would work quickly but if the roster is average he’s gonna need time to build and can he see it through or head on back to the Dallas suburbs and live a great life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back