Rendering OF AAMU new arena

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Famu's is too big - unless your promised concerts other events from the city, etc you don't need tons of seats
correct me if Im wrong but I believe FAMU had to have something compatible to FSU’s to get funded. Seems like i read that somewhere. I agree I dont want anything that size. It’s too large and their gameday atmosphere looks horrible because of it. Now dont get me wrong IT LOOKS GREAT…. But I would cover up half of those bleachers for more of a homecourt advantage. AAMU’s arena cost more even in todays dollars… so it SHOULD have all the bells and whistles included in it.

correct me if Im wrong but I believe FAMU had to have something compatible to FSU’s to get funded. Seems like i read that somewhere. I agree I dont want anything that size. It’s too large and their gameday atmosphere looks horrible because of it. Now dont get me wrong IT LOOKS GREAT…. But I would cover up half of those bleachers for more of a homecourt advantage. AAMU’s arena cost more even in todays dollars… so it SHOULD have all the bells and whistles included in it.
FAMU had to present its basketball arena as an educational instructional facility in order to receive state funding. That why its name the "Al Lawson, Jr. Multipurpose Center and Teaching Gymnasium". There are actual class rooms in the building. The state of Florida does not pay for anything related to dormitories or athletic programs at it's state universities.

FAMU had to present its basketball arena as an educational instructional facility in order to receive state funding. That why its name the "Al Lawson, Jr. Multipurpose Center and Teaching Gymnasium". There are actual class rooms in the building. The state of Florida does not pay for anything related to dormitories or athletic programs at it's state universities.
Yes thats the same reason ours is the “Event Center”

So why not build bathrooms, concession stand, offices and hitting facility right between the two ball fields along with this event center

So why not build bathrooms, concession stand, offices and hitting facility right between the two ball fields along with this event center
After the damage from last week storms, you would think that this is an opportunity to improve/upgrade. Maybe we will see how committed to Athletics the new Administration really is. IJS

looks good. a little surprised they didn't do a few box seats to bring in additional revenue. very excited to see what the athlete's experience will be with lockers, meeting room, medical rooms will look like.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Rec

Recruiting. New Arena, New Coach , new athletic director and a new president who wants to win. We were in the top o when we entered the SWAC. We used to be a force in D2 in basketball. Hints the Basketball school. We are demanding more. That's why we are getting a new athletic director.
Oh

Rec

Recruiting. New Arena, New Coach , new athletic director and a new president who wants to win. We were in the top o when we entered the SWAC. We used to be a force in D2 in basketball. Hints the Basketball school. We are demanding more. That's why we are getting a new athletic director.

The city of Huntsville alone will be the biggest recruiter.

Back