PVAMU Kappa Kappa Psi - Delta Psi Chapter wins BET StepFest

CriTAUcal said:
So, Tony, if you weren't at JSU during my years (90s) and not the 80s, were at JSU during my mom's time (the 70s)?

The 30s Baby!!

:lmao:

Na, Girl I ain?t yo daddy :lol:

Listen you guys, got me all wrong
I don?t have anything against
Your BAND fraternity/sorority
In fact I said If you give public service & party
I would be down.
The BOOM Just wouldn?t let me on the field with a piano :lol:

Now Crit you know if we were on the yard together?.

I?m in the wrong place to be Real?.

JR said:
Dang man you really have to be negative like that huh? SMH. I guess if you had pledged Omega at JSU in the 80s you might have a different perspective about your frat bros who were KKPSI. Because YE shole had a ton of them in their chapter.

So if they pledge KKY first then went to panhel, the MADE that FRAT tight?

So if they pledge panhel first then went to KKY, did they make the band/band Frat tight?

Some of yall of smelling yourselves. Forreal though. I respect all organizations, but know your role. If you aint doing nothing NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED after college you are simply a college fraternity.......or Honor society or whatever.

Much love folx.

SONNY said:
Some of yall of smelling yourselves. Forreal though. I respect all organizations, but know your role. If you aint doing nothing NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED after college you are simply a college fraternity.......or Honor society or whatever.

Some of us who are in a "college fraternity" are still serving and recognized by nationals, and I graduated from college almost 7 years ago.

Man I thought yall were finished with this thread long ago. I am a member of both, PLEDGED both, and financially active in both. Both organizations has its place in society and crass statments about either organization is unwarranted! There is one thing both have in common and that is unswerving loyalty to its purpose in society. :lecture:

AEA & Rooo

ZOCK said:
Man I thought yall were finished with this thread long ago. I am a member of both, PLEDGED both, and financially active in both. Both organizations has its place in society and crass statments about either organization is unwarranted! There is one thing both have in common and that is unswerving loyalty to its purpose in society. :lecture:

AEA & Rooo
Finally a voice of reason :tup:

ZOCK said:
+1

AEA & OW-OW

ZOCK said:

AEA & Rooo

I will wreck half of you Sands if you disrespect again.

Thank you, that is all.

SONNY said:
So if they pledge KKY first then went to panhel, the MADE that FRAT tight?

So if they pledge panhel first then went to KKY, did they make the band/band Frat tight?

Much love folx.

Pure sad..........you know not what you speak about. I digress though. Now I understand why some of my boys are dismayed with those certain other organizations they belong too. Sheesh.........

SONNY said:
I will wreck half of you Sands if you disrespect again.

Thank you, that is all.

Just sad........why man? I really don't appreciate you disrespecting my Psi and Masonic brother Zock for posting a good and NON BIASED commentary. That was not cool. We are our biggest enemies. It aint that serious. Really.:smh:

JR said:
Just sad........why man? I really don't appreciate you disrespecting my Psi and Masonic brother Zock for posting a good and NON BIASED commentary. That was not cool. We are our biggest enemies. It aint that serious. Really.:smh:

Dawg, ZOCK is my like my brother. He is my distant sands and we are damn near twins. We are joking with each other. I love that bro Zock like I love my next breath.

You are looking too deep into the comment and you dont know our relationship.

JR said:
Pure sad..........you know not what you speak about. I digress though. Now I understand why some of my boys are dismayed with those certain other organizations they belong too. Sheesh.........

YOU didnt answer the question.

Did you make us tight or were we tight before you came into the panhell orgs?

Got mad respect for the Psi's but yall dont do what the PanHell does, and its not your jobs or goals to do what we do. And I respect that. But when you have all these KKPsi folx talking they can "OUT" do this and "OUT" do that better than the panhell, that is what put folx on edge.

Did a member of TBS that pledge DST make them better steppers, or were they better steppers before they got that member?

SONNY said:
YOU didnt answer the question.

Did you make us tight or were we tight before you came into the panhell orgs?

Got mad respect for the Psi's but yall dont do what the PanHell does, and its not your jobs or goals to do what we do. And I respect that. But when you have all these KKPsi folx talking they can "OUT" do this and "OUT" do that better than the panhell, that is what put folx on edge.

Did a member of TBS that pledge DST make them better steppers, or were they better steppers before they got that member?

No man, This whole thing on here started with the stepping thing. It has nothing to do with making the organizations better overall. Stepping and handling your "real" fraternal business are different. So I can't say KKPSI made a Pan organization better or a Pan member made the band/KKPSI better. Actually the Pan member pledging PSI after the fact is not that common and one thing to remember .....they were already in the band. So if they are a good bandsman it didn't matter if they were Greek before pledging PSI. Basically my point was that during my time alot the Greek Organizations wanted KKPSI members to pledge their fraternities. What they brought to the table is different at each school and for each individual. There are good bruhs and bad bruhs in every frat, so depending on who you select, the outcome can vary. I can tell you that most Zeta Nu chapter PSI bruhs brought a lot to the table no matter what organization we have joined afterwards. Zock can tell you that. :winkgrin:

BTW to answer the question you had,
I do think PSI or TBS members in certain instances have made some organizations better steppers. Just think about it.........those are you best band members who probably have rhythm due to being in the band. So sure they have an advantage over joe or sally blow on campus who gets selected to pledge a Greek organization, since having rhythm and being able to step aint a criteria to pledge those organizations. Not that it is a requirement in PSI or TBS either, but to make the band you better be able to do a little something........so obviously these are people who are pretty coordinated for the most part. Not all are though because we have some non can step KKPSIs too.

SONNY said:

Well, speaking from experience. I pledge Psi in Spring 1989 and A PHI A in Spring 91. My 2nd frat meeting as an Alpha, I was elected "Step Master". I had not even STEPPED as an Alpha, however I had 2 years of experience stepping as a PSI and WINNING. So, I took the challenge and accepted the position and WE WON several greek shows.

Not only that, several EX Psi's (UAPB) went on to pledge PanHell organizations. Many of them took on leadership rolls in those organizations also. Again, experience from holding leadership rolls in KKPsi and the band.

Unfortuantely it is not fair. KKPsi and TBS have a bond that goes years DEEP between them that other organizations just don't have, and that is BAND/MUSIC. Most of us joined the band in the 6th/7th grade. We spend HOURS in practice w/ each other BEFORE we pledge. We spend HOURS w/ each other WHILE WE PLEDGE. We spend hours (back in band practice) with each other AFTER WE PLEDGE. Other organizations have 2 weeks of bonding before they pledge and then 50% to 75% of the line SPLITS after they pledge. The BAND BOND keeps the Psi and TBS together.

I can say this from experience because I am a member of two organizations. I see it from the INSIDE and OUT.

JR said:
BTW to answer the question you had,
I do think PSI or TBS members in certain instances have made some organizations better steppers. Just think about it.........those are you best band members who probably have rhythm due to being in the band. So sure they have an advantage over joe or sally blow on campus who gets selected to pledge a Greek organization, since having rhythm and being able to step aint a criteria to pledge those organizations. Not that it is a requirement in PSI or TBS either, but to make the band you better be able to do a little something........so obviously these are people who are pretty coordinated for the most part. Not all are though because we have some non can step KKPSIs too.

Respect you statement, but just cause you were in the band or in KKY, doesnt make you a good stepper or have rhythm. I've seen lots of band folx on wrong feet (foot), turning on 7 instead of 8, on a 3/4 when they should have been on 4/4. Just like I've seen Bruhz that cant hop a lick, but hoping is not what makes a Bruh a bruh. And I dont believe, having rhythm makes a PSI a PSI.....or I could be wrong.

Point is, WE dont need to BANDSMEMBERS to makes us "BETTER". Some of our FRATERNITIES were on the yard long before Kappa Kappa Psi was. When did PVAMU's KKPsi start, and when did they start accepting African American members in KKY? I bet it was long after we were Founded and established on campusus (Black and white universities)

Da_Sperm said:
Unfortuantely it is not fair. KKPsi and TBS have a bond that goes years DEEP between them that other organizations just don't have, and that is BAND/MUSIC. Most of us joined the band in the 6th/7th grade. We spend HOURS in practice w/ each other BEFORE we pledge. We spend HOURS w/ each other WHILE WE PLEDGE. We spend hours (back in band practice) with each other AFTER WE PLEDGE. Other organizations have 2 weeks of bonding before they pledge and then 50% to 75% of the line SPLITS after they pledge. The BAND BOND keeps the Psi and TBS together.

I can say this from experience because I am a member of two organizations. I see it from the INSIDE and OUT.

This is what I tell a friend of mine who hates the fact that several members of his organization (Sigma) are Psi...He says you can't be loyal to both. I'm these boys have been playing these instruments for A LONG TIME. They have an affection for their craft and things related to it.

In reference to the beginning of your post this is IRONIC...once most of the members of the Rho Chapter of PBS were band members (who turn are all Psi now) they started stepping better...lol

But I think ALL of the organizations are great for society...

Back