PVAMU Kappa Kappa Psi - Delta Psi Chapter wins BET StepFest

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to my bruhs.....

Kappa Kappa Psi wins BET's Spring Bling 'Get to Steppin'

46le3596.jpg

The Delta Psi chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi competed in BET's 'Get to Steppin' Spring Bling competition at Haulover Beach in Miami, March 24-26. The members who participated were Corey Bright, Justin Douglas, Cedric Gutter, Daniel Lott, James Lott, Jonas McClain, Kristopher Mosley, Raven Nelson, Fabian Oliver, Quintius Smith and Yul Wilson.

After Abe Williams, an alumnus fraternity brother, discovered BET had taken an interest in the organization, Kappa Kappa Psi sent in a DVD of a previous performance. A representative from BET reviewed the DVD and called the fraternity to invite them to perform in the Spring Bling 'Get to Steppin' competition. A dancing group from Prairie View, Twisted, was also invited to compete at Spring Bling. Once the decision to attend was made, transportation and funding proved to be a problem. Kappa Kappa Psi advisor Mark Gordon, who traveled with the fraternity to Miami, and James Durant referred the organization to Dr. Kelvin Kirby, associate vice president of Student Affairs. Kirby helped the organization receive funding from the university which paid for air fare, food and lodging.

Four step groups competed in BET's Spring Bling 'Get to Steppin' and two step groups performed as exhibitions. Julissa and Nick Cannon served as hosts for the event and celebrities Ne-yo, TBD and Tre Songz formed the judging panel. Raven Nelson, a junior human performance major and social director of Kappa Kappa Psi said, "The cast and crew of Spring Fest made you feel like you were family." A 45 second preliminary round determined each organization's entry into the finals. During the preliminaries Kappa Kappa Psi competed against Central Arkansas University's chapter of Iota Phi Theta and won entry into the finals by a unanimous vote. "It was a high intense performance," said Nelson, "The crowd was overwhelming. It was like a dream." In the finals, the fraternity competed against Lambda Tau Omega Sorority and won by two out of three votes. Justin Douglas, a senior music education major and president of Kappa Kappa Psi, said "We were a little nervous when we went up but we knew that we really had to go out there and put on a good show." The fraternity was awarded eight $100 gift certificates and invited to step during BET's 106th and Park Wild Out Wednesday. The tape is set to air April 10-12.

Anybody that is not aware of the abilities of KK and TB better recognize. Look at HBCU performances on the field and tell me they can't funk it up. That's what they do!

Way to represent.

Da_Sperm said:
Awe my Loose-Neckin, Hump-Backin, *#@ squeezin KKPsi.

Way to represent frat!!!

Loose Neekin........humpty,humpty hump

Awwww Hump Backin.....humpty, humpty hump

Awww *#@ Squeezin, humpty,hump...... a dam right woman pleazin

Fiyah said:
Loose Neekin........humpty,humpty hump

Awwww Hump Backin.....humpty, humpty hump

Awww *#@ Squeezin, humpty,hump...... a dam right woman pleazin

Its just ah grooving, grooving, break it down, break down,
Umm, Ahh, K K PSI.

Its just ah groovin, groovin, break it down, break down,
Umm, Ahh, K K PSI.

Ah Check Me Out, HUH!
Check Me Out, HUH!
Check Me Out its my Psi stickin Out, HUH!

** Then go into "GET IT" step **

If you didn't recognize, this is the step the bruhs did in the movie "DrumLine"

SoloMan said:
I'm not hating, but who was it that they beat?

Any organization they probably faced. Aint nobody can step like KKPSI. Hell most of the other Frats have benefitted from having some PSI in their organization to help them step.

Anyway congrats to the PV bruhs.

Da_Sperm said:
Its just ah grooving, grooving, break it down, break down,
Umm, Ahh, K K PSI.

Its just ah groovin, groovin, break it down, break down,
Umm, Ahh, K K PSI.

Ah Check Me Out, HUH!
Check Me Out, HUH!
Check Me Out its my Psi stickin Out, HUH!

** Then go into "GET IT" step **

If you didn't recognize, this is the step the bruhs did in the movie "DrumLine"

I love seeing just about any chapter of Psi do those moves...and congrats to D Psi...they are a great group of guys, who will eat you out of house and home...but that's another story...can't wait to see them on tv!

Da_Sperm said:
Awe my Loose-Neckin, Hump-Backin ...
Okay -
I'll give ya'll young'uns a chance to laugh at an old man.

The ORIGINAL "Loose-neck" was invented the year I pledged ...

"Awwwwwwwww ...

Loose-neck, hump-back, KK-Psi ...
If I don't get no p***y
I'm gonna lose my f****n
M-i-i-i-nd"

That was a long time ago.

SoloMan said:
I'm not hating, but who was it that they beat?

Likely whomever they were stepping against. KKPsi can step for real. Pure stepping, without a lot of props.

Epsilon Chi used to get PAID to step in shows (because knowing the PSIs were stepping guaranteed a packed house), then WIN the step show, and get PAID again.

They ran rings around dayumed near every Frat on the Yard, with the exception of maybe the Alphas (IF they were on point).

Vinita said:
Likely whomever they were stepping against. KKPsi can step for real. Pure stepping, without a lot of props.

Epsilon Chi used to get PAID to step in shows (because knowing the PSIs were stepping guaranteed a packed house), then WIN the step show, and get PAID again.

They ran rings around dayumed near every Frat on the Yard, with the exception of maybe the Alphas (IF they were on point).

Don't tell em nothing Nita. They don't understand. One of the reasons PSI was hated on by other Frats on many HBCU campuses. They couldn't outstep us and we had all their women.:nod2: The ironic thing is .........whenever a KKPSI member went to pledge those other Frats, they shole was glad to have one or two or three on their line. I wonder why. LOL. MY LB took Beta Sigma chapter of Omega at SU to another level step wise when he got in. Same happened when Eta Eta KKPSI chapter members at JSU was running the Omega Chapter there in the mid to late 80s. The list goes on. It's all good though. Again props to the PV PSI bruhs. They have always been tight.

ChicagoJag said:
Okay -
I'll give ya'll young'uns a chance to laugh at an old man.

The ORIGINAL "Loose-neck" was invented the year I pledged ...

"Awwwwwwwww ...

Loose-neck, hump-back, KK-Psi ...
If I don't get no p***y
I'm gonna lose my f****n
M-i-i-i-nd"

That was a long time ago.

Ah the memories.

JR said:
MY LB took Beta Sigma chapter of Omega at SU to another level step wise when he got in. Same happened when Eta Eta KKPSI chapter members at JSU was running the Omega Chapter there in the mid to late 80s.

:xeye:
:read:

Back