Prairie View A&M vs Southern U Game Updates:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jag Voice said:
Does anyone think the reported attendance of 20K+ look suspect? It sure seemed like more people to me

The 20+ sounds close to me. The stadium holds about 69.5 and it appeared to me about one-thirds of capacity, unless another 5000 or so were in the food court.

Seeing Spots said:
Yep, I stated that the moment I read it in the Chronicle. I thought it was about 30-35K there easily!

You was so toasted you probably was seeing DOUBLE...... :D

I think it looked more like 25K, knowing how it looked when we played TSU there just a few weeks ago.

Fiyah said:
You was so toasted you probably was seeing DOUBLE...... :D

I think it looked more like 25K, knowing how it looked when we played TSU there just a few weeks ago.

it was 20K....student ticket sells sucked, well below TSU. You had entire sections empty...dissappointed with PV's turnout....some folks complained about prices....the $7 parking is another reason, etc...

I hate playing in these big venues because sellouts are not common....I rather play SU in Beaumont if we can't get Robertson. Yeah, it's smaller but I prefer packed houses.

to hell with Reliant...

Seeing Spots said:
BTW, Reliant Stadium is the best venue in the U.S.! :bowdown:

The arena is top notch, as it should be.

I was disappointed in the playing surface however. It seemed below NFL standards. I've heard they're having problems with their grass and will be taking it out and putting in Field Turf in the offseason.

PNeck019 said:
The arena is top notch, as it should be.

I was disappointed in the playing surface however. It seemed below NFL standards. I've heard they're having problems with their grass and will be taking it out and putting in Field Turf in the offseason.

They actually change it regularly for the Texans games. The field is on trays and it fits like a puzzle, similar to a basketball floor. They have replacements growing outside not to far from the stadium.

Yeah Fiyah,

I was just talking to a co-worker about the surface at reliant. For 3 seasons now the surface has seemed to looked worn.

No doubt Reliant is one of the premier NFL venues in the country, but I feel that they should go to the new Astro play surface. I've heard nothing but positives by players who were interviewed regarding the surface. It looks and feels like a grass surface, without the injuries caused by the old Astro turf.

Yes, the field at Reliant is definitely not in top shape. Whatever process they are "trying" is not working. Field Turf seems to be the only solution at this point.

My only other gripe is Reliant Stadium needs learn the art of tailgating. The 4 hours before kickoff tailgating rule is real dumb!!!. Even the RVs were not allowed to park until a few hours before kickoffs. Most just parked in the Sam's Ckub parking lot rather than setup shop at 3pm for a 7pm game.

I think the field is probably in great physical shape, just not as green as it should be. It is tough to keep every part of the field green with the limited sunlight exposure, but that doesn't mean the grass is not healthy.

Jag Voice said:
Yes, the field at Reliant is definitely not in top shape. Whatever process they are "trying" is not working. Field Turf seems to be the only solution at this point.

My only other gripe is Reliant Stadium needs learn the art of tailgating. The 4 hours before kickoff tailgating rule is real dumb!!!. Even the RVs were not allowed to park until a few hours before kickoffs. Most just parked in the Sam's Ckub parking lot rather than setup shop at 3pm for a 7pm game.

Yes that rule needs to be adjusted, especially for night games. That rule is more set up for the Texans home games which usually start at noon. So 4 hours prior to that is a decent time for tailgating. I think if schools would pay extra for personnel and security tat they would adjsut those times for you. Not sure of what would the extra cost be, so most will take what comes with the regular stadium rental.

The field is actually in good shape, it is just not as green like Jag4life has said. The problem they will run into with the fieldturf is how to get it removed when the Rodeo uses the stadium.

with what we pay, keep the damn thing open 24 hours...I'm not a Reliant person.....the employees act like your a terrorist with their dirt looks and they rush out the stadium and locker rooms...

I rather play in smaller places with better hospitality where even the cops like to watch the bands

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nice Photos!

You should have taken a photo right before halftime. Most of the lower level seats were filled then to watch the halftime show.

Problem with our fans, is that they can't sit their ARSES down! The same dayum people walking up and down all game. Three women on our row keep getting their ARSES, going back and fourth to the concession area.

It seems that atleast 1/3 of the fans at an HBCU game could care less about the game on the field and would rather hang out in the concession/lounge areas and socialize. :shame:

TruBluJAG said:
It seems that atleast 1/3 of the fans at an HBCU game could care less about the game on the field and would rather hang out in the concession/lounge areas and socialize. :shame:

U talking like you just figured that out. :D

Fiyah said:
Nice wide angle shots, what type of lens do you have?
Ok so I had four drinks by then and laughing by butt off at you after telling me that a couple of plays here or there the game would have been different and didn't remember my photo shots,big deal.

Oh it the same lens I use to take a picture of your chicken isht bet welching @ss. Coming soon to a website near you :wavey:

^
|
|
|
Whats that up there under my name...................THE BET, I lost

bluedog said:
Ok so I had four drinks by then and laughing by butt off at you after telling me that a couple of plays here or there the game would have been different and didn't remember my photo shots,big deal.

Oh it the same lens I use to take a picture of your chicken isht bet welching @ss. Coming soon to a website near you :wavey:

Tara, I love that shot of you...... :alicia:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back