Prairie View A&M vs Southern U Game Updates:

Status
Not open for further replies.
JaguarNation99 said:
I think he's a former walk-on, he was highly touted out of high school, but he wasn't a Southern recruit initially. Perhaps that's what the announcer is referring to when he calls him a walk-on.

No, I'm pretty sure that he was a recruit three years ago and signed during signing season.

Regards.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I heard the PV coach on KPVU. He said that this game was won by Southern in the weight room during the winter and SU was the better team. Anyway, I have to congratulate SU.

Congrats to The Mighty Jaguars.
Great Win Guys..........
Let's keep em coming.......
Seems like Ricks and The Receivers have finally gotten that CRUCIAL timing down.......Now its just about improving every week
THe O & D lines finally stepped up like the were suppose to...
Great WIN Guys....
Hey PV reality is a Mutha aint it
talk about :slap: :slap: :slap: :wavey:
Good game to both schools

EB said:
I heard the PV coach on KPVU. He said that this game was won by Southern in the weight room during the winter and SU was the better team. Anyway, I have to congratulate SU.

EB:

Hope your folks are well.

Pete Richardson was complimentry on the SU broadcast. He said that PV is a good team with just a "few parts away."

Regards.

Dr. Mac said:
EB:

Pete Richardson was complimentry on the SU broadcast. He said that PV is a good team with just a "few parts away."

Regards.

I called them when the storm left Alabama and went through Georgia. But they were doing all right despite the fact that there was no power. Anyway, I called them after I walked out of Reliant after the TSU game to report on the game. I will not do that after this one. I will let them read it over the 'net. :winkgrin:

"First giving all honor and praise to the Jaguar Nation and everything that is Southern University"

Congratulations!!

We are not quite ready for "PrimeTime", but we are closer than many would like to admit. I look forward to the rest of the season.

Very solid game plan for Southern University. Good luck the rest of the season.

Dr. Mac said:
EB:

Regards.

It seems like he was a little pissed off by all the hoopla that we were receiving and decided early on that he was going to stump us by going for it on 4th down when they were clearly in fieldgoal range. It's not like it was 4th and 1 or inches, it was 4th and 3, 4th and 5, and a few others.

Fiyah said:
It seems like he was a little pissed off by all the hoopla that we were receiving and decided early on that he was going to stump us by going for it on 4th down when they were clearly in fieldgoal range. It's not like it was 4th and 1 or inches, it was 4th and 3, 4th and 5, and a few others.
I agree that he seemed to want to send a message by repeadily going on 4th down when we were already ahead by more than 14 points. It wasn't until the officials basically stopped the effort by throwing the flags. Officials will do that when it is obvious that you are trying to drive the other team in the ground. I do not agree with coaches who do this but we all know it is done all of the time.

I'll say this. PV was out-strengthed (if that's a word) and out executed in the 1st half. I can point to 3 plays in the 1st half that kind of swung the momentum to SU.

The 1st was the ball that Ricks threw that SHOULD have been intercepted. He threw it RIGHT to the DB. A friend of mine told me as they were lining up, "If they throw it, it's picked." Soon as he threw it, it went right to the DB. Next thing I know, 2 people were playing volleyball with it. A few plays later, SU scored.

2nd, the halfback toss and pass that PV used. It fooled everybody, and we had a man deep WIDE OPEN, but the throw sailed JUST out of his reach. That was big.

And finally, the 4th down where Ricks was able to escape the PV defender and find what I think was a TE who went up the sideline and into the end zone.

All in all, I will say, great game Southern. You executd your offense and made plays. Now we have to put this behind us and get ready for the other Lew-weezie-ana school.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Fiyah said:

Maybe: But I also think that some of it was Pete trying to get the kinks out of the offense and get it on track for the remainder of the season.

Regards.

Fiyah said:
Yeah and he did that about six times, imagine that. :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Does anyone think the reported attendance of 20K+ look suspect? It sure seemed like more people to me

Jag Voice said:
Does anyone think the reported attendance of 20K+ look suspect? It sure seemed like more people to me

Very suspect. It was 20k on Southern's side alone. The lower bowl of the stadium was about 80% full.(That factoring in PV's side and the endzone. The second level on Southern side was packed from endzone to endzone. There must have been a misprint. There is no way there was only 20k at that game. 30,000 plus is more accurate.

jukebox89 said:
Very suspect. It was 20k on Southern's side alone. The lower bowl of the stadium was about 80% full.(That factoring in PV's side and the endzone. The second level on Southern side was packed from endzone to endzone. There must have been a misprint. There is no way there was only 20k at that game. 30,000 plus is more accurate.
Well hopefully the gate was split on a 30,000 dollar receipts rather than 20,000 dollars receipts. :goodbad:

Jag Voice said:
Yep, I stated that the moment I read it in the Chronicle. I thought it was about 30-35K there easily!

BTW, Reliant Stadium is the best venue in the U.S.! :bowdown:

Who controlled the gate, PVAMU or the Reliant folks. Maybe they were tryinging to max their profit. You do know there's folks out there trying to max their's at our expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back