Paula Deen accused of calling Obama N-word

the jokes could write themselves...lol..

Yep. :lol:
And as predicted, those people in line are keeping her pockets fat behind the scenes, buying her stuff.

Deen's book surges to No. 1
Several companies have already terminated or suspended business relationships with Paula Deen in the controversy over her use of racial slurs, yet sales of the celebrity chef’s upcoming cookbook have skyrocketed.

Dean’s latest book, “Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up,” has jumped all the way to No. 1 on Amazon’s best-seller’s list and No. 7 on the Barnes & Noble Top 100 in advance of its scheduled release. The book, published by Random House, is still scheduled to be released on Oct. 15, according to Random House spokesman Stuart Applebaum.

“We continue to monitor the situation closely,’’ Applebaum said in a statement to TODAY.com.

This has to do with the Trayvon Martin trial, but it conveys exactly what I've been trying to say. I found this on Facebook and I'm reposting it here.

1016616_207417099411618_949060922_n.jpg

I wrote an article about Paula Deen's use of the N-word and how white people are losing regard for our painful past but after watching the George Zimmerman trial, I deleted it.

Trayvon Martin's friend, Rachel Jeantel, was mocked and ridiculed yesterday via social media, and from what I could see, 99% of it was from her own race. She's only 19 years old, under more pressure than any of us could imagine, and was involved in a tragic situation of being the last to talk to her friend who was killed shortly thereafter. Instead of embracing her, we make jokes about her weight, her public speaking, and of ALL things....her color.

We can't hold white people to a higher standard of respecting black people than we hold ourselves. We can't punish them for hating us and "holding us back" while leading by example and showing them how it's done. There's by FAR more black people that hate black people than there are white people who hate black people. We show it by the self-hatred we project on those like Rachel Jeantel in times like these.

But this isn't new. We did the same with Gabby Douglas when her "ponytail was undone" as she won gold medals. Remember?

I'm not saying I ever excuse the acts of racist people vs. blacks. I just want us all to be aware that we're DARING them to do the very thing we are DEMONSTRATING.

The worst thing about all this is, those that need to hear this message, probably won't.

Cosign infinity! :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And as predicted, those people in line are keeping her pockets fat behind the scenes, buying her stuff.

Several companies have already terminated or suspended business relationships with Paula Deen in the controversy over her use of racial slurs, yet sales of the celebrity chef’s upcoming cookbook have skyrocketed.

Dean’s latest book, “Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up,” has jumped all the way to No. 1 on Amazon’s best-seller’s list and No. 7 on the Barnes & Noble Top 100 in advance of its scheduled release. The book, published by Random House, is still scheduled to be released on Oct. 15, according to Random House spokesman Stuart Applebaum.

“We continue to monitor the situation closely,’’ Applebaum said in a statement to TODAY.com.

We knew this was going to happen. Paula's supporters, are out buying her books in droves and even those that don't really care about her, but because of the controversy they support her, i.e. the true (I'm not going to hide my hate for minorities) racists. The thing is prior to this they wouldn't have bought any of her products.

:goof:..................Nope.................. :lol:
Have not even tasted her food. She was just another mofo with a cooking show to me. One of the cooking show herd that are on tv 24/7.

To me, what Paula Dean was doing was nothing special. I can get that kind of food on every block in Mississippi. Paula Dean southern cooking to SOUTHERNORS would be like someone opening a Creole Restaurant in New York and expecting people from New Orleans to be impressed. People that grew up eating it would be like "whats the big deal?" :lol:

That's what I was saying too Frat. Paula Deen supporters are mostly white folks from outside the South. Folks act like black folks were keeping her in business. Them black folks in Ga were not flocking to her place. They just worked there. Just like folks in NYC know Slyvia's ain't all that. But when tourists come to NYC or Harlem, they be the main folks trying to eat there. That or white folks who don't know any better. LOL.

http://press.novonordisk-us.com/index.php?s=20295&item=122734

Just like I have never been to Glagy's Knight place. :lol: I go over my Aunt's house for soul food. :lol:
That's what I was saying too Frat. Paula Deen supporters are mostly white folks from outside the South. Folks act like black folks were keeping her in business. Them black folks in Ga were not flocking to her place. They just worked there. Just like folks in NYC know Slyvia's ain't all that. But when tourists come to NYC or Harlem, they be the main folks trying to eat there. That or white folks who don't know any better. LOL.

Retailers Target Corp. and Home Depot Inc. and diabetes drug maker Novo Nordisk dropped her now........

http://madamenoire.com/284197/paula-deen-loses-sears-walgreens-and-kmart/

Update: Ballantine Books, an imprint at Random House, has dropped the book it had planned to release for Paula Deen in October. The publisher has dropped plans to sell Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up, even though it’s been number one on the Amazon bestseller list.

:popcorn:

Back