Paula Deen accused of calling Obama N-word

Rated R Superstar

A shocking racial slur against President Barack Obama is just one of the many explosive allegations in a bombshell lawsuit against celebrity chef Paula Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers.

The lawsuit was filed Monday in Georgia on behalf of Lisa Jackson, a past employee of Paula Deen Enterprises.

Among the stunning allegations in the lawsuit: "In the presence of Ms. Jackson and Uncle Bubba's restaurant manager and a vendor, Bubba Hiers stated they should send President Obama to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico so he could n***er-rig it."

The lawsuit also claims that Deen herself used the N word in front of employees.

According to the court documents, Jackson states that she was appointed by Deen to handle the catering and staff for Bubba's wedding in 2007, and she asked Deen what the servers should wear: "Well what I would really like is a bunch of little n***ers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around,â€￾ Jackson alleges Deen told her. "Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn't it? But we can't do that because the media would be on me about that."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...t-reveals-racial-slur-against-president-obama

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This story is back in the news again. This is my first time hearing of it.

(CNN) -- Celebrity chef Paula Deen denies she's ever told racial jokes, but she did acknowledge using the "N" word, according to her deposition in a lawsuit.

A former manager at Deen's restaurants in Savannah, Georgia, is suing her and her brother for sexual and racial harassment.

LIsa T. Jackson's lawsuit alleges that Deen and Bubba Hier committed numerous acts of violence, discrimination and racism that resulted in the end of her five-year employment at Deen's Lady & Sons and Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House eateries in Savannah.

Deen's lawyer called the allegations false.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/showbiz/paula-deen-racial-slur

Not that I'm trying to defend Paula Deen, but for a 66 year old woman who grew up in the deep south we shouldn't be surprised by any of this. She was raised (in the 50's and 60's) during a time when the civil right era was at its peak. However, I do believe that as society has progressed, her views about other black folk (and people of other races) have progressed as well. The very person who is suing her right now is black. If she had that big of an issue with black folks why hire her.

Am I alone in this thought?

Not that I'm trying to defend Paula Deen, but for a 66 year old woman who grew up in the deep south we shouldn't be surprised by any of this. She was raised (in the 50's and 60's) during a time when the civil right era was at its peak. However, I do believe that as society has progressed, her views about other black folk (and people of other races) have progressed as well. The very person who is suing her right now is black. If she had that big of an issue with black folks why hire her.

I doubt you are alone in this thought.

Well Paula is something else. Don't let that southern accent and fake smile fool you. Folks in Savannah area don't care to much for her from my understanding of my family down that way. Plus we have to be honest, who are the real cooks when it comes to great tasting soul food? You got it Big Momma and Nem. Everyone else food is bland and has no taste or seasonings.

Yeah I see what you are saying and if you have been to Savannah you know there are a lot of blacks and she has them running her place and a lot of US go to her restaurant too. She will go on Oprah's channel and clear this up. LOL.

Well reality needs to kick in. Just because you born in a certain area does not give you an excuse for your hate.

That's just it. I'm not so certain that she really has any hate in her heart. She has admitted that she has used the word "N***a" in the past. I know for a fact that many on here have said some (not so flattering) things about white folks when having private conversations with others, but is that any reason to think that you dislike white people as a whole overall?

That's just it. I'm not so certain that she really has any hate in her heart. She has admitted that she has used the word "N***a" in the past. I know for a fact that many on here have said some (not so flattering) things about white folks when having private conversations with others, but is that any reason to think that you dislike white people as a whole overall?

You are talking to my man Cee now SOG. LOL.

I see your view which I agree with to a certain point and to your question I plead the 5th :goodbad:, but my view is when we make mistakes America tries to destroy us financially and mentally, but when the shoe is on the other foot folks wanna sweep it under the rug. At some point we have to make others accountable like they make us accountable.

I see your view which I agree with to a certain point and to your question I plead the 5th :goodbad:, but my view is when we make mistakes America tries to destroy us financially and mentally, but when the shoe is on the other foot folks wanna sweep it under the rug. At some point we have to make others accountable like they make us accountable.

I'm not saying she (Deen) shouldn't be held accountable. The lawsuit is what it is. If she is liable so be it. But I don't subscribe to the "them vs. US" theory. That is where we screw up. We are too busy trying to hold "them" to a standard that "we" are not willing to hold ourselves.

I'm fully aware that racism comes in many forms and it's not always caused by white folks.

Well 98% of it comes from that side. When we face the reality of where it comes from, where it started and who keeps it going to control and maintain success and this country, then the reality of our communities will come forth. Sometimes we must face the truth instead of a perception and trying to live in a world that we only want to see. Yes times have changed, yes the world is somewhat better now, but if we keep telling ourselves a lie that folks still don’t have color issues, then we fail the reality of moving forward. When the majority of the world sees one brother and thinks he is the representative of 100 brothers we have a problem.

I'm not saying she (Deen) shouldn't be held accountable. The lawsuit is what it is. If she is liable so be it. But I don't subscribe to the "them vs. US" theory. That is where we screw up. We are too busy trying to hold "them" to a standard that "we" are not willing to hold ourselves.

I'm fully aware that racism comes in many forms and it's not always caused by white folks.

Well Paula is something else. Don't let that southern accent and fake smile fool you. Folks in Savannah area don't care to much for her from my understanding of my family down that way.
Paula is full of it. That whole country accent is phony and way over the top. She aint from Savannah either. Her arse is from Albany. :lol:

I'm not saying she (Deen) shouldn't be held accountable. The lawsuit is what it is. If she is liable so be it. But I don't subscribe to the "them vs. US" theory. That is where we screw up. We are too busy trying to hold "them" to a standard that "we" are not willing to hold ourselves.I'm fully aware that racism comes in many forms and it's not always caused by white folks.

I agree.

that's why I don't use the n-word and I don't hang with folks that use that word often. I especially do not expect to hear it from any other race regardless of where they are from or when they were raised. This is why I don't have to make excuses for Paula Deen's racist ways :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am sorry. I use the n word when I get around my homies. I have been trying to stop but it is hard....:lol:

Paula been trying to kill black people through high blood pressure and diabetes for years.

I agree.

that's why I don't use the n-word and I don't hang with folks that use that word often. I especially do not expect to hear it from any other race regardless of where they are from or when they were raised. This is why I don't have to make excuses for Paula Deen's racist ways :tup:

I am sorry. I use the n word when I get around my homies. I have been trying to stop but it is hard....:lol:

Paula been trying to kill black people through high blood pressure and diabetes for years.

Duly noted on all points. But if she is trying to "kill" people and is as racist as some are saying she is, why the hell did she hire the black woman who is currently suing her? Why the hell did that black woman accept the job that Paula gave her?

However, I do believe that as society has progressed, her views about other black folk (and people of other races) have progressed as well. The very person who is suing her right now is black. If she had that big of an issue with black folks why hire her.

Others wouldn't work for what she was paying perhaps. If what's in the deposition is proven true, Deen violated the workers' civil rights (equal accommodations/workplace discrimination) and should pay through the nose. :

The deposition goes on to claim that Black workers at "Uncle Bubba's Restaurant" were required to use the BACK entrance to pick up their checks, and were all required to use the same bathroom at the BACK of the restaurant (while white employees could use the customer's restrooms). Also, Blacks employees who worked in the back of the restaurant were not allowed to go to the front of the restaurant.

The worker suing was asked by Deen to plan her son's wedding. From the depo....

"I want a true Southern -plantation style wedding. Well what I would really like is a bunch of little ******s to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around. Now that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn't it?"

You may not be alone in your thought but ya'll could meet in a phone booth.

These folks are full of denial if they believe her. :lol: She is very fake. :lol:
Paula is full of it. That whole country accent is phony and way over the top. She aint from Savannah either. Her arse is from Albany. :lol:

Last edited:
George Wallace best friend was black. Did it stop him from standing the door of the University of Alabama?
Duly noted on all points. But if she is trying to "kill" people and is as racist as some are saying she is, why the hell did she hire the black woman who is currently suing her? Why the hell did that black woman accept the job that Paula gave her?

I agree.

:tup:

SOGGY,
Are you sure the manager is a black woman? I just read a report that she is white.

The civil suit was filed in March 2012 in Chatham County Superior Court and was transferred to federal court a few months later. Deen and Hiers have both denied the allegations made by Jackson, who is white.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Cultur...een-lawsuit-How-often-does-she-use-the-N-word

Back