Pastor's conference for 'White Christians' underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And

do they believe in any higher power?

And have they created anything that didn't already exist? Something totally new.

Have they "discovered" anything that the "intelligent designer" didn't already know?

:lol:

And have they created anything that didn't already exist? Something totally new.

Have they "discovered" anything that the "intelligent designer" didn't already know?

I don't get it
I met a guy who believes someone built the pyramids, but life itself just coincidentally came together on its own?

Do you think this "intelligent design" has a name?

And, for the umpteenth time, knowledge that God is real is a personal thing. You have to seek him, find him and know him for yourself. Once God reveals himself to you, there will be no doubt. None. Absolutely none. But, your journey starts with belief. And faith. :)

Stop asking for shortcuts because you won't get any. There are none to give.

You have no more evidence to show that the biblical god is this one true god than do Muslims, Hindus, Deists or Atheists.
You're merely guessing that's why you can't present evidence.
Again, it's called faith.

So now we can have an intelligent designer BUT that don't make Him God? lol

The intelligent designer can create life, but Still not be God? Wow!

So Something had to create the intelligent designer- BECAUSE SCIENCE SAYS YOU CAN'T CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING

This would make God even more powerful and intelligent than the intelligent designer!!!!!

Give me a break.
you don't see the mcrowaves heating ya hot pocket, but you can feel the heat so you assume the microwaves did it, could be something totally different disguised as microwaves you don't know
"WITHOUT A SHADOW OF DOUBT" the microwaves did it.

you're making an assumption based on experimentation from the people who sell microwaves
who based there's on some squiggly lines and called them microwaves they could really be macrowaves
that humans are only able to see a small percentage.

educated guessing is what that's called
taking some facts and assuming
that's what science is; making theory-unproven maybes

life is here, something had to start it
Christians believe our God did it
you say it's not enough evidence for you to believe that
fine, Our God doesn't say gather alot of proof then believe in me.
He says if we have just a little faith, mustard seed size that's enough
I got enough.

faith or scieniticfic theory what's the differece
one has the potential to bring everlasting life
the other one doesn't for the other one tells you up front you're gonna die

There's no way in heck that an all-knowing god inspired the bible because of it's many errors and obviously false information. That's a given.

If there is an intelligent designer, it's not the god of the bible because this being claimed that the earth revolved around the sun for crying out loud. If he didn't know that much in our minute part of the universe, he can't know much else.

As far as this eternal life thing, where's your evidence? You just dream up stuff, so it's true because it's in the bible?
Where's the greater miracles the Jesus person promised such as raising folks from the dead? There are none.

On the other hand, thanks to science, we have the internet, medical, scientific advancement without any god being involved. Thanks to science, many people have been saved from death and HAVE been brought back to life right before our eyes.

Last edited:

These people are funny.

Are you referring to people like yourself? You claim that the biblical god created the entire universe, but fact remains this same being says that the sun revolves around the earth. How do you explain that?

Since when did evils spirits start being the cause of diseases instead of bacteria and viruses?
When did animals begin to talk?
When did one man kill thousands of people with a bone in his hand?

These are only a few of the subjects you must believe in order to believe in the biblical god.
Existing cultures had gods and saviors who purportedly performed the same type of miracles. Are they all wrong, but you guys just happened to be right?

Last edited:
Are you referring to people like yourself? You claim that the biblical god created the entire universe, but fact remains this same being says that the sun revolves around the earth. How do you explain that?

Easy.

Either you're a liar or you've misinterpreted something along the way. Or both.

Easy.

Either you're a liar or you've misinterpreted something along the way. Or both.

What specifically have I misinterpreted? That's all you've been saying is that I've misinterpreted something but you never say what it is.

Point out the misinterpreted verses, phrases or anything you need to and we'll see who's doing the misinterpreting.
I like dealing with facts, not suppositions and guesses.

What specifically have I misinterpreted? That's all you've been saying is that I've misinterpreted something but you never say what it is.

Point out the misinterpreted verses, phrases or anything you need to and we'll see who's doing the misinterpreting.
I like dealing with facts, not suppositions and guesses.

You've got to be kidding.

All of your "facts" about the Bible attempting to disprove the existence of God are misinterpretations and distortions of the truth. ALL of them. Especially this silliness about the sun revolving around the earth.

You've got to be kidding.

All of your "facts" about the Bible attempting to disprove the existence of God are misinterpretations and distortions of the truth. ALL of them. Especially this silliness about the sun revolving around the earth.

I knew you wouldn't have anything but here's the verse you claim I misinterpreted.

Joshua 10:12-13 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13 So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

It says the biblical god made the sun and moon stand still, not the earth. This strongly implies the sun, like the moon, goes round the earth. We all now know this to be false information thus making the writer of these verses untruthful to say the least.

Since when did the sun ever move in order to be able to stand still in the first place within a 24 hour period? That's it, it doesn't.
This is why the religious folks wanted to kill Galileo, because he taught that the earth revolves around the sun.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I knew you wouldn't have anything but here's the verse you claim I misinterpreted.

Joshua 10:12-13 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13 So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

It says the biblical god made the sun and moon stand still, not the earth. This strongly implies the sun, like the moon, goes round the earth. We all now know this to be false information thus making the writer of these verses untruthful to say the least.

Since when did the sun ever move in order to be able to stand still in the first place within a 24 hour period? That's it, it doesn't.
This is why the religious folks wanted to kill Galileo, because he taught that the earth revolves around the sun.

And I knew you were an idiot and was going to throw up the Joshua story.

The explanation and the truth are incredibly simple and is given right there in the text.

Verse 13: The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.​

The sun did what? It stopped?

The sun stopped where? In the ... middle of the sky ...? In the middle of the sky.

For how long? Delayed going down about a full day.

Is that what it says?

The middle of the sky.

Here's your explanation of what that really means, JayRob: To us, it appears that the sun rises in the east, travels across the sky and sets in the west.

When the sun stood still, it stood still in relation to Joshua and what we still perceive as the movement of the sun from east to west in the sky. How it was done is irrelevant. The pertinent fact is that, in relation to where Joshua was, the sun did not move. To try to use this passage to suggest anything more than that is deception of the highest order.

Misinterpretations and distortions of the truth.

Next lie please.

The explanation and the truth are incredibly simple and is given right there in the text.

Verse 13: The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.​

The sun stopped where? In the ... middle of the sky ...? In the middle of the sky.

Is that what it says?

The middle of the sky.

Here's your explanation of what that really means, JayRob: To us, it appears that the sun rises in the east, travels across the sky and sets in the west.

When the sun stood still, it stood still in relation to Joshua and what we still perceive as the movement of the sun from east to west in the sky. How it was done is irrelevant. The pertinent fact is that, in relation to where Joshua was, the sun did not move. To try to use this passage to suggest anything more than that is deception of the highest order.

Next lie please.

For you to try and explain away your own words is laughable. You admit the sun stopped, whether in mid-sky or not, you still admitted the sun stopped. The moon supposedly stopped too? Thats what it says in black and white. You can't deny this.
Joshua didn't say the sun APPEARED to stop or that the moon APPEARED to stop.
He said it did and he even went so far as to give the length of time to reinforce that it stopped. There's no way you cn get around that no matter how much you try.

How in the heck can the sun stop when it doesn't move in a 24 hour period? LOL!!
The earth and moon move but the sun remains stable.
Did you sleep through science in elementary class when your teacher taught this?

The authors of Joshua claimed that the sun stopped. The sun doesn't move so how could it stop?
This automatically implies that the sun revolves around the earth and not the earth around the sun. We all know this to be false science.
Now it's time for you to try and explain that away.

In addition to that, you tried to slip in the phrase "it's irrelevant how it stopped". Are you serious? There's not a shred of historical evidence from any ancient historian that mentions a day lasting an EXTRA 12 to 24 hours. Hahahahaha!
Nowhere in history except in the bible, is such fictional stories mentioned.

Just imagine what would happen to the earth if just the moon had stopped. The earth's weather patterns and water levels would be in total chaos and all for what? So that a small group of former slaves could win a war? LOL!!
Come on Sujagfan, you're better than this.

After saying this, which is easier or more logical to believe? That the author of Joshua 10:12-13 fabricated a story about the sun stopping OR that the sun actually stopped in midstream? Which is more likely?

Last edited:

Is that what it says?

The middle of the sky.

Next lie please.
You are wasting your time and wasting space on the server.

For you to try and explain away your own words is laughable. You admit the sun stopped, whether in mid-sky or not, you still admitted the sun stopped.
How in the heck can the sun stop when it doesn't move in a 24 hour period? LOL!!
The earth and moon move but the sun remains stable.
The authors of Joshua claimed that the sun stopped. The sun doesn't move so how could it stop? This automatically implies that the sun revolves around the earth and not the earth around the sun. We all know this to be false science.

Now it's time for you to try and explain that away.

There's no need to explain anything away. It's right there in the text.

From Joshua's perspective, the sun stopped. The text clearly says it stopped in "the middle of the sky" and didn't go "down" until later. So, Joshua, like many other people, obviously perceived the sun to rise in the east, travel across the sky and go down in the west.

The text is from Joshua's perspective. It does not say HOW God caused the sun to stand still in relation to Joshua nor does it say anything about God's knowledge of the universe and how it works. That's you trying to project your lie onto what it actually says.

You've lost this argument. Now, on to your next lie like I told you.

ETA:

And, yes, to Joshua, it was irrelevant how the sun stopped. All Joshua knew was that he prayed and what he perceived to be the motion of the sun across the sky ceased for a while. He had NO CLUE of HOW God actually did it and probably didn't care. He got what he asked for. And that's all that mattered.

Last edited:
There's no need to explain anything away. It's right there in the text.

From Joshua's perspective, the sun stopped. The text clearly says it stopped in "the middle of the sky" and didn't go "down" until later. So, Joshua, like many other people, obviously perceived the sun to rise in the east, travel across the sky and go down in the west.

Joshua didn't perceive anything. He clearly stated that the sun stopped for several extra hours. He even said the moon stopped too. How could he make the same mistake twice if he didn't mean that both actually stopped? Then he gives the amount of time it stopped.
You can't explain this away no matter how much you try.

The text is from Joshua's perspective.

Yes, it is from his perspective, but now you're trying to replace his perspective with yours.
Look up the words stopped and it means to cease.
If Joshua had said the sun "appeared" to stop or that the moon "appeared" to stop, you'd have a case, but he didn't, so you don't.

In addition, here are verses 12-14.
12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon. ”
13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,

as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being.

It says there has NEVER been a day like this before. If this was just a "regular" day, why did Joshua mention the former.
He clearly states that the sun delayed going down a full day. How you missed that is beyond me.

It's clear as day that the author of Joshua didn't know his astronomy.

It does not say HOW God caused the sun to stand still in relation to Joshua nor does it say anything about God's knowledge of the universe and how it works. That's you trying to project your lie onto what it actually says.

Didn't you just claim that the sun didn't actually stop but now you're saying you don't know how god caused the sun to stop? Which is it? Can you make up your mind please because you sound a bit confused.

The reason it doesn't say how the biblical god caused the sun to stop is because it never did.

You've lost this argument. Now, on to your next lie like I told you.

No sweat off my back. It's you who have to resort to changing the words in verses to try and make fictional stories believable, not me. I take the laws of science for what they are.
You have to take what the bible says on mere faith with no evidence and make up stories that make no sense whatsoever.

I'll give you an "A" for effort, but you need to go back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
A for effort?

That's laughable. You're no match for me. None. Never have been, never will be.

What I posted is the absolute truth, and, you, in typical fashion, go back to distorting and trying to make the text say what it doesn't say in which serves your ultimate purpose - to confuse and mislead people who don't know any better.

What you do is shameful. It's like you're demon-possessed and can't help it. You have to destroy as many people as possible. Such a shame. :smh:

Last edited:
In addition to the above verses, the early church fathers who copied the pages of the bible, were of the opinion that the sun revolved around the earth because of the verses in Joshua 10.
In their ignorance and stubbornness, they believed the earth was the center of the universe.
They continued to believe such nonsense inspite of Galileo's evidence to them verifying that the earth revolved around the sun.

Thanks to scientific discovery, we now know that the earth and other planets revolve around the sun.
Hundreds of years later, the church finally made a public apology to Galileo.

A for effort?

That's laughable. You're no match for me. None. Never have been, never will be.

What I posted is the absolute truth, and, you, in typical fashion, go back to distorting and trying to make the text say what it doesn't say in which serves your ultimate purpose - to confuse and mislead people who don't know any better.

What you do is shameful. It's like you're demon-possessed and can't help it. You have to destroy as many people as possible. Such a shame. :smh:

I don't believe in demons, so you have to use something else to describe me.
I do my best to try and post facts and evidence. It's not that difficult to do once one backs away from the tree so he/she can see the forest.

Keep believing your bible if that helps you get through the day, but don't expect me to hold back from pointing out it's discrepancies and errors, especially if I'm challenged to do so.

Again, nice try.

I wonder when Sunday will ever become a day where Black and White Christian folks can come together in worship of their god and not let race separate them.
Like I said earlier, I bet the average White male Christian would rather his daughter marry a White atheist than a Black Christian. Where's the love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back