Pastor's conference for 'White Christians' underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEE DOG

http://www.waff.com/story/18952777/pastors-conference-for-white-christians-underway :devil2:

LAMAR COUNTY, AL (WAFF) -

A controversial pastor's conference for "white Christians" is underway in Lamar County. The group said critics need to allow them to exercise their freedom of religion.

WAFF 48 News went there to ask if they believe their views match what the Bible says.

"The mayor ordered our flyers to be taken down. When did they start religious censorship?" asked Reverend Mel Lewis of Christian Identity Ministries.

Among the Ku Klux Klan flags and white supremacy slogans, a small group of so-called "white Christians" contend they have been treated unfairly - that they have the right, like any other American, to worship how they wish.

"We are not breaking any laws. We're not violating any ordinances. We're bringing the Word of God to people who want it, obviously, or they wouldn't be here," said Lewis.

When asked who white Christians are, Lewis said that "they are part of the chosen race."

Lewis is the founder of Christian Identity Ministries.

We wanted to know if he thought Bible verses that communicate equality contradict an exclusive ideal shared amongst their ministry, that the white race comprises God's chosen ones.

"Well, you've picked out some wonderful verses out of context and out of the direction of Scripture," Lewis said when faced with the question of whether certain Scriptures include everyone - all races.

"All you're doing is making a mockery of God's Word," said Lewis. "You're absolutely abusing the Scripture."

Less we forgot the Southern Baptist Convention just elected their first black president in how many years? Lol...

NUPE is on the move - Using Tapatalk

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Less we forgot the Southern Baptist Convention just elected their first black president in how many years? Lol...

NUPE is on the move - Using Tapatalk

Quite remarkable since 30 years ago you could count the number of Blacks who were MEMBERS of the SBC.

Many of these SBC folks do a good job of outwardly fooling people by electing a Black man to some inconsequential position where his hands are tied, but deep in their hearts they still don't want you marrying their daughters.
Don't fall for the okey doke merely because it has a religious title to it.

Many of these SBC folks do a good job of outwardly fooling people by electing a Black man to some inconsequential position where his hands are tied, but deep in their hearts they still don't want you marrying their daughters.
Don't fall for the okey doke merely because it has a religious title to it.

My church holds prayer meeting and Bible study at 6 pm on Wednesday....ALL are invited!!!! :tup:

Were blacks not members of the SBC because we were not allowed or we chose not to join?

How it was explained to me by my grandfather (who disliked the organization) was that it was designed to change the structure of how black churches were ran also many baptist churches that were part of the SBC supported slavery instead of operating against the structure like the methodist or quakers.

Choice. See Founder's previous post.

Yea you are right choice. I'm just not too fond of them....first of all what IS a southern baptist???? Is he/she different than a northern baptist. It might sound sarcastic or jokingly but it is a right to ask.... So much distinction brings questions of an organization's character.

Never been to a white Baptist church before and I really don't know the difference between black or white baptist churches. I grew up and I'm still United Methodist and all are pretty much operate the same way.

Are there major differences in the structure between black and white?

Yeah.

White folks start on time and their choirs can't sang. And they like it that way. Which is why they need a separate organization.

Sad part is they want let the Uncles T's come. Man I bet the Clarence Thomas and Micheal Steele of the world feelings are hurt.....................

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Hmmm.

Why not?

Steele ain't Thomas. Steele is a moderate who realized he was being pimped and decided to take full advantage of the perks that came with it. (luxury hotel stays, wrote and promoted a book). When all was over, he ran back to MSNBC and got a job. Steele is a black who happens to be a republican. Clarence Thomas is a conservative who happens to be black. Steele organized a GOP Presidential debate at Morgan State that no one showed to. He also put HBCU's on his speaking tour.

Steele ain't Thomas. Steele is a moderate who realized he was being pimped and decided to take full advantage of the perks that came with it. (luxury hotel stays, wrote and promoted a book). When all was over, he ran back to MSNBC and got a job. Steele is a black who happens to be a republican. Clarence Thomas is a conservative who happens to be black. Steele organized a GOP Presidential debate at Morgan State that no one showed to. He also put HBCU's on his speaking tour.

He sounds like what I would call an "Eisenhowerian" Republican. Is this so?

Yea you are right choice. I'm just not too fond of them....first of all what IS a southern baptist???? Is he/she different than a northern baptist. It might sound sarcastic or jokingly but it is a right to ask.... So much distinction brings questions of an organization's character.

The SBC is an organization. Locality has little to do with its doctrines. There are plenty of SBC churches above the Mason-Dixon line. The name has to do with its physical origination.

Yea right...."southern" and 1847....you do the math and associate the time frame.....
I am well-acquainted with the dates and history. I'm southern and glad of it. I am told by family members that some of our ancestors sold other Africans into slavery before they were overthrown and sold themselves. It's history.

Let go of the pain. There is no need to be trapped there.

I am well-acquainted with the dates and history. I'm southern and glad of it. I am told by family members that some of our ancestors sold other Africans into slavery before they were overthrown and sold themselves. It's history.

Let go of the pain. There is no need to be trapped there.

Not bothered with the pain....just skeptical....something has never been quite right with that organization to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back