Official "The Chi" on Showtime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This writing is getting sloppy. In one scene, Ronnie was with his mother who had just broke out of a nursing home and in the next scene he happens to be in the perfect spot to hear Keisha screaming. How the hell is that? Shouldn't he have still been with his grandma making sure she didn't break out during the blackout again given her current state?
How the hell is Kev and his girlfriend out all night during the blackout? I'm sure their parents would have been blowing up their phones.

This writing is getting sloppy. In one scene, Ronnie was with his mother who had just broke out of a nursing home and in the next scene he happens to be in the perfect spot to hear Keisha screaming. How the hell is that? Shouldn't he have still been with his grandma making sure she didn't break out during the blackout again given her current state?
How the hell is Kev and his girlfriend out all night during the blackout? I'm sure their parents would have been blowing up their phones.

The part with Ronnie I can see. There was not a particular time so this could have been later that night. We don't know what the time lapse was. Now with the kids I agree....that is wild. Do you honestly think a mother would allow her son freedom to do whatever when his sister is missing.

Here's my thing with Ronnie. He was about to raise hell when his mother first disappeared in the nursing home. She's still suffering from being mentally ill so why wouldn't he stay with her for the rest of the night or until the power came back on? If that was me, I would be scared that she would end up wondering off again. I don't mind him finding out certain things, but the problem is that he's always at the right place. When he got beat up, he happened to be at the right place to be saved. When he was at the vigil, he was at the right place to find the first kidnapping suspect. When he was sleeping with the homeless, he happened to be at the right place to find Keishas lost phone. Now he's out searching for a homeless shelter and happens to be at the right place to hear Keisha's scream.

I thought I was going to see Candi in a cherry thong. LMAO!

Man, they haven't shown anyone half necked since Season 1 when Tracy got it from Ronnie on the couch.

The time frame is later in the night for Ronnie. He was looking for that shelter when he heard her screaming. How the hell does Keisha get out and just lay on the ground not far from the door she just ran out of. She should have been sunning like she do on the track as far away without stopping.

Yeah, his mom should have been checking up on him but it's still not that late for Chicago kids.

Here's my thing with Ronnie. He was about to raise hell when his mother first disappeared in the nursing home. She's still suffering from being mentally ill so why wouldn't he stay with her for the rest of the night or until the power came back on? If that was me, I would be scared that she would end up wondering off again. I don't mind him finding out certain things, but the problem is that he's always at the right place. When he got beat up, he happened to be at the right place to be saved. When he was at the vigil, he was at the right place to find the first kidnapping suspect. When he was sleeping with the homeless, he happened to be at the right place to find Keishas lost phone. Now he's out searching for a homeless shelter and happens to be at the right place to hear Keisha's scream.

Ronnie is the person in this whole season to tie it all up

Also, she have another show on Showtime. So, she is stretching herself thin.

Finally, she is pushing that LGBT shit a tad bit too much.

That is Twenties, I;ve watch that series already and t wasn't bad but a show that does push the gay/lesbian market. It was initially on BET in the spring and now it's on Showtime. There is a thread about it.

Seeing them at the roller rink reminded me of my days growing up in Chicago as that was the place to be as a teenager. It was nice seeing that particular one (The Rink) still open as we went to that one all the time.

Seeing them at the roller rink reminded me of my days growing up in Chicago as that was the place to be as a teenager. It was nice seeing that particular one (The Rink) still open as we went to that one all the time.

Jemma is something else. She talk about all that self-woke shyt. But, she invited her two white friend to the rink. I'm glad Kevin decided to give her the boot.

Last edited:
[Sipping on my Tea]

baby-yoda-sipping-tea-meme-1-e1575123902614.jpg

Are they prepping the once invincible Douda for his downfall? Is Jake gonna be the one to take him out? Or will Jake come at Douda with his brother and miss? They had Jake looking all rough though and giving Douda no respect opposite just a few previous episodes when he was all shook.

Also, that food spread that was laid out at the table for Douda and his Lady...I couldn't tell if it was breakfast or dinner but that was a huge layout. I guess that's how ballers do it. LOL

Maybe it wasn't a bad episode but the drama is completely taking over. There used to be a balance. I need more action and grit like in the days of Q & Reg. Maybe we will get that with Douda vs. Trig?

Last edited:
Not a bad episode. Just glad as heck the abduction is over. Now they got another theme to build on with Keisha. I was wondering if they were going to give old boy his props. No way I would have to that house alone though.

Not a bad episode. Just glad as heck the abduction is over. Now they got another theme to build on with Keisha. I was wondering if they were going to give old boy his props. No way I would have to that house alone though.

Yea now it gets in to more of social mental health climate.

I'm just wondering does this end Ronnie's story.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back