Official "The Chi" on Showtime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I deleted comments I posted earlier or so I thought. More I could have said more but........

The question now is, who kidnapped ole girl. Most people will say the Track coach is the #1 suspect. I'm thinking that Ronnie's appearance was made for viewers to think he could be involved but he will probably help to find Keisha and redeem himself. But you know who I immediately thought of? The new stepmom/dad. We don't know her yet. Why was she trying so hard to win Keisha and Kevin over with those gold necklaces. She got a lot of loot. Where in Chicago is she getting in from? Maybe she didn't have anything to do with it, but until we know more about her, I would keep my eyes on her.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7wqPh-NXTE

Just watched Episode 3. I will just say this, there is nothing on TV at the present moment like The Chi Absolutely nothing...I don't mean anything bad or good about it...not positive or negative....just straight up facts.

Last edited:
I see why Reggie left too. Trig is just too much for me.
@Fiyah again I thought you were talking about the LGQBT vibes/scenes that have pretty much taken over the show. That is what I was were referring to. I would never spoil anything for anyone.

Another observation from episode 2 that I noticed and thought it was just me until Marc Dark on his youtube blog mentioned it. Brandon's character is dead right? Why are they still putting him under the bus? When La La's character said he ain't _____. I was like, brother is dead, won't come back and he still can't catch a break. Like I said earlier, there was something behind the scenes of the show going on. It seemed like a personal shot with the writer toward Jason Mitchell or something...

@Mrwiregrass I agree. I can see why Reggie left. Some actors may be willing to stretch but I can't imagine a heterosexual man being comfortable in playing that role and we are only on episode 2.

I was happy for Jada's character. She got what she really needed. She was glowing afterwards. The later scene with Emmett and ole dude that got with his mom was too funny.

Speaking of La La, her character got into Emmett's head from the get go. It looks like it could be a sweet partnership but you get the feeling because he can't discipline his thing, he gonna mess it up.

By the way that restaurant her character ran reminds of a spot here in Memphis called Chef Tam's Underground. It was a regular looking house in a typical neighborhood that this Chef turned into a restaurant that served classic traditional soul food. It got so popular that they moved into a traditional restaurant type building. The food is still fire! The vibes and energy was quite the same.

Last edited:
@Fiyah again I thought you were talking about the LGQBT vibes/scenes that have pretty much taken over the show. That is what I was were referring to. I would never spoil anything for anyone.

Another observation from episode 2 that I noticed and thought it was just me until Marc Dark on his youtube blog mentioned it. Brandon's character is dead right? Why are they still putting him under the bus? When La La's character said he ain't _____. I was like, brother is dead, won't come back and he still can't catch a break. Like I said earlier, there was something behind the scenes of the show going on. It seemed like a personal shot with the writer toward Jason Mitchell or something...

@Mrwiregrass I agree. I can see why Reggie left. Some actors may be willing to stretch but I can't imagine a heterosexual man being comfortable in playing that role and we are only on episode 2.

I was happy for Jada's character. She got what she really needed. She was glowing afterwards. The later scene with Emmett and ole dude that got with his mom was too funny.

Speaking of La La, her character got into Emmett's head from the get go. It looks like it could be a sweet partnership but you get the feeling because he can't discipline his thing, he gonna mess it up.

By the way that restaurant her character ran reminds of a spot here in Memphis called Chef Tam's Underground. It was a regular looking house in a typical neighborhood that this Chef turned into a restaurant that served classic traditional soul food. It got so popular that they moved into a traditional restaurant type building. The food is still fire! The vibes and energy was quite the same.

Ok when you posted episode 3, I didn't want you to post about that since I know there are other episode out there that people have already seen.

Talking about a dead brother is not nothing new to what folks will do back home (Chicago) so that didn't surprise me. When she opened that door with her fine self, I was like...WOW LaLa. Can't wait to see how Candy's love scene is gonna be shown. You know Emmett is gonna mess up and hit that (unprotected) and do what he do. LOL

Ok when you posted episode 3, I didn't want you to post about that since I know there are other episode out there that people have already seen.

Talking about a dead brother is not nothing new to what folks will do back home (Chicago) so that didn't surprise me. When she opened that door with her fine self, I was like...WOW LaLa. Can't wait to see how Candy's love scene is gonna be shown. You know Emmett is gonna mess up and hit that (unprotected) and do what he do. LOL
You know what, I did indeed hear that Candy or Kandi is supposed to uh....do something real special real soon. Snickering...

What about La La asking for proof? Is that a common thing in Chicago? They shole don't do that in Memphis. ...LOL

Ok my wife and I watched Season 1 on HULU and now on Season 2. This is an awesome show. To me it's similar to the Wire where it does not feel commercialized but realistic. Power and Empire was TOOOOOOOOOOO far in to the imagination.

This one was more intense. If they hadn't already, they really brought to light the issue of teen sex trafficking.

I was ROTFLMBO about Ronnie. In spite of his luck and bad situations, them women still be throwing it at him huh...LOL

Ronnie got one thing on his mind: drinking.

Trig and his boo are funny.

The problem with this show is that it's starting to the way of Empire. There's way too many story lines taking place while old story lines still haven't been fully explained/finished. I mean they really got Trig's girlfriend putting together a plan to save a bunch of black girls in a brothel after she saw one of them getting spanked while being smashed from behind. Now how often does something like that happen in the city of Chicago?

At this point, I'm completely tired of Ronnies character. It's like he's constantly messing up while also being saved. It's funny how those kids chased him down the street just for him to be saved by a preacher with a broom. Don't even get me started on how a drunk such as himself managed to spot a suspicious looking white dude at the vigil while everybody else was too busy listening to the speeches given.

The only thing I liked about the latest episode was the interaction between Kevin and his new crush. The way she schooled him on how blacks have to work twice as hard as whites while also telling him to act like the black king he is was spot on. Too bad the next scene had to be him in his room jacking off to her social media picture lol.

The problem with this show is that it's starting to the way of Empire. There's way too many story lines taking place while old story lines still haven't been fully explained/finished. I mean they really got Trig's girlfriend putting together a plan to save a bunch of black girls in a brothel after she saw one of them getting spanked while being smashed from behind. Now how often does something like that happen in the city of Chicago?

At this point, I'm completely tired of Ronnies character. It's like he's constantly messing up while also being saved. It's funny how those kids chased him down the street just for him to be saved by a preacher with a broom. Don't even get me started on how a drunk such as himself managed to spot a suspicious looking white dude at the vigil while everybody else was too busy listening to the speeches given.

The only thing I liked about the latest episode was the interaction between Kevin and his new crush. The way she schooled him on how blacks have to work twice as hard as whites while also telling him to act like the black king he is was spot on. Too bad the next scene had to be him in his room jacking off to her social media picture lol.

The first two seasons had me. This season three is worrying me....there are characters who just disappeared.

For example the girlfriend who was a realtor....where is she....you mean to tell me she was not at the funeral????

The cops investigating the gangster....Cruz....where is he?

It's beginning to be some ambiguity.

The first two seasons had me. This season three is worrying me....there are characters who just disappeared.

For example the girlfriend who was a realtor....where is she....you mean to tell me she was not at the funeral????

The cops investigating the gangster....Cruz....where is he?

It's beginning to be some ambiguity.
@The Founder I figured you would start watching once you heard La La was on the scene. LOL

But now that you mentioned it, I did peep and see that the cop that was so hard pressed to go after the Mob Street Crew, Brandon, and Duda will not be back this season as well as the other white cop that was around during the first season. Unless there is a story that they will reveal later this season that explains it all and even ties in to how Brandon died, yeah the disappearance throws things off.

That's another reason why I love The Wire so much and still watch it on demand through Direct TV. The writers made everything and every character make sense. I can still see things that I over looked after all these years. David Simon set the standard high with his writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back