Official "The Chi" on Showtime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I caught up on it last night, not bad.

It does seem like it's trying to have The Wire type of vibe.

I like the way they have it all connected like "Six Degrees of Separation"

Yeah because Q even mentioned that athletes were off limits...

Even Ronnie's grandma is trying to tell him in a low-key way to leave ole gurl alone and when Ronnie saw Q talking to her; grandma with her off da chain azz, pretty much told him that he didn't want them problems...

That's why Q ran up in that stash house putting them dudes to sleep...

Last edited:
Yeah because Q even mentioned that athletes were off limits...

That's why Q ran up in that stash house putting them dudes to sleep...

That's always the rule for the streets about athletes and the smart kids. They want them to succeed and get out of the ghetto.

They didn't know what hit them in that house. Gonna be a lot of bodies found up in that place the next mroning.

I wonder what will Det Cruz do when he investigates the 9-1-1 call made from that cell phone.

Alabama college student talks recurring role on Showtime TV series
By Matt Wake | mwake@al.com | Posted February 21, 2018 at 12:04 PM

097_27067025101549952483420466577027541655183406ncopy.jpg

AAMU Office of Marketing & Public Relations

Funnily enough, even though Julian Williams is a on a TV show he doesn't have an actual TV in his dorm room at Alabama A&M, the Huntsville-based university he attends.

So when that Showtime urban drama "The Chi" premiered Jan. 7, he didn't personally have a way to watch it.

Williams, age 19, has since acquired a laptop, which he now uses to watch the series, in which he plays a young gang-banger named Chop.

Executive producers for "The Chi" include the rapper known as Common and Lena Waithe, the Emmy Award-winning writer with Netflix series "Master of None."

Williams, who studies communications and theatre at Alabama A&M where he's a freshman, did not have trouble tapping into the Chicago-set show. He grew up in the Windy City. (He also resided in Nigeria earlier in his life.)

Initially, Williams was an extra on "The Chi" until auditioning and winning the role of Chop in March 2017. Showtime has renewed the show, which airs 9 p.m. CST Sundays, for a second season.

On a recent afternoon, Williams called-in for a phone interview. Excerpts are below.

By Matt Wake | mwake@al.com

http://www.al.com/expo/erry-2018/02/e66344c71b/alabama_college_student_talks.html

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think Reg done fucked up by going after Q's brother and then him at Sonny's restaurant, he really don't know who Q is.

Det Cruz has figured out something is going go on but can't quite get it all together.

Ronnie must have been on something, cause Traci fine as hell! !!

They always underestimate Papa. The kids lives in jr. High are on point, too funny.

Jason may have seen too much. I wouldn't be shocked if it was that cop that's been hanging around Cruz that killed him.

That's always the rule for the streets about athletes and the smart kids. They want them to succeed and get out of the ghetto.

They didn't know what hit them in that house. Gonna be a lot of bodies found up in that place the next mroning.

I wonder what will Det Cruz do when he investigates the 9-1-1 call made from that cell phone.[/QU
This I can attest to...when I was young, I was trying to run with the neighborhood street gang on 63rd St in Chicago, but because I looked like a nerd, talked like a nerd, and yes I was smart like a nerd. They looked out for me, So one night when this fight was about to down with a rival gang. One guy stopped the yelling and before fist started flying, I was told to leave, in not so nice terms. Later that week I saw the guy that stopped the fight and he basically told me, he told me to go home, because I was to smart to be caught up like that and I need to make it out the ghetto.

Ronnie must have been on something, cause Traci fine as hell! !!
They always underestimate Papa. The kids lives in jr. High are on point, too funny.
Jason may have seen too much. I wouldn't be shocked if it was that cop that's been hanging around Cruz that killed him.
That other detective is crooked. I think he's the puppet master behind Reg, and that cell phone probably has something more on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back