Official "Power" Thread

Everybody I know loved the finale...but I'm just not feeling this show anymore. It's really like a soap opera to me now. Just too much going on.....
What???? This show is phenomenal to me. I don't understand the soap opera reference, but if the show is to continue the storylines have to evolve.

They may have gotten rid of Kanan, but he has been replaced by Tariq. (LOL)

What???? This show is phenomenal to me. I don't understand the soap opera reference, but if the show is to continue the storylines have to evolve.

They may have gotten rid of Kanan, but he has been replaced by Tariq. (LOL)

I understand that the characters have to evolve but some of the characters and plots are just not realistic for me. I also feel that some of the plots with certain characters have been rushed as well. I think it all changed for me last season after Ghost got out of jail. Executive producer Courtney Kemp even admitted that they crammed what they thought would be 13 or 14 episodes from Starz into 10 last season. That made it hard to imagine Tommy, Ghost, & Kannan being on the same team going into season 5.

This season, I thought the writing was strongest with the surprise death of Kannan (made up for him unrealistically surviving that fire) and Tommy killing Teresi. Some things that was weak to me in the season finale alone includes Dre once again surviving (the writers are definitely messing with us there), particularly that scene when his baby mama holding off professional hitters (LOL), Tommy & Tasha almost killing Angela after all she had done to help, and Silver just coming back out of nowhere, flipping sides, and then suddenly being taken out by Ghost....then you have this Councilman Tate story that is being dragged out....

Angela's death (if she is dead) was an interesting ending though...but they are doing too much....it is still watchable to me but not like it was during the first 2-3 seasons....

I understand that the characters have to evolve but some of the characters and plots are just not realistic for me anymore. I also feel that some of the plots with certain characters have been rushed as well. I think it all changed for me last season after Ghost got out of jail. Executive producer Courtney Kemp even admitted that they crammed what they thought would be 13 or 14 episodes from Starz into 10 last season. That made it hard to imagine Tommy, Ghost, & Kannan being on the same team going into season 5.

This season, I thought the writing was strongest with the surprise death of Kannan (made up for him unrealistically surviving that fire) and Tommy killing Teresi. Some things that was weak to me in the season finale alone includes Dre once again surviving (the writers are definitely messing with us there), particularly that scene when his baby mama holding off professional hitters (LOL), Tommy & Tasha almost killing Angela after all she had done to help, and Silver just coming back out of nowhere, flipping sides, and then suddenly being taken out by Ghost....then you have this Councilman Tate story that is being dragged out....

Angela's death (if she is dead) was an interesting ending though...but they are doing too much....it is still watchable to me but not like it was during the first 2-3 seasons....
Yeah, what he said.

I understand that the characters have to evolve but some of the characters and plots are just not realistic for me. I also feel that some of the plots with certain characters have been rushed as well. I think it all changed for me last season after Ghost got out of jail. Executive producer Courtney Kemp even admitted that they crammed what they thought would be 13 or 14 episodes from Starz into 10 last season. That made it hard to imagine Tommy, Ghost, & Kannan being on the same team going into season 5.

There are a lot of empty holes to fill.

1. How did dude from DC show up so quickly for Dre?
2. Is this the end of Dre's story?
3. The lady who heard Ghost's voice from the first season.
4. Is Angela dead?
5. Tommy and Ghost having it out but Ghost should understand the game.
6. Tommy knew his dad may not have planned to sell him out but eventually he would have sold out somebody.
7. Does Tasha know if Silver is dead?

Season 6 is going to be interesting.

There are a lot of empty holes to fill.

1. How did dude from DC show up so quickly for Dre?
2. Is this the end of Dre's story?
3. The lady who heard Ghost's voice from the first season.
4. Is Angela dead?
5. Tommy and Ghost having it out but Ghost should understand the game.
6. Tommy knew his dad may not have planned to sell him out but eventually he would have sold out somebody.
7. Does Tasha know if Silver is dead?

Season 6 is going to be interesting.
1. DC to NYC is an hour flight.

1. DC to NYC is an hour flight.

I know it's an hour flight....but they really gave no status of time of day so it could have been a few hours before Dre was ambushed.

It's sad how Dre just threw his child's mom to the side when he said he wanted witness protection for him and his kid....but the mother he doesn't need. SMH

Now this is interesting.....

https://deadline.com/2018/09/power-...kemp-interview-50-cent-lela-loren-1202460922/

KEMP: Well, I’ll tell you, in the original pilot of Power, Tariq is 14 and he’s already selling drugs, but when we cast Naturi, we rewrote the kids to be younger as a result of casting her. Which meant I had to put that story on the backburner. Now I get to tell the story I intended to tell from the beginning and that is really wonderful to do with Michael, who is a really gifted actor.

Back