Odums interested in McNeese State job according to reports

Some of you SU folks sound ungrateful.

Look Odums coached through penalties that were from prior head coaches. He didn't bitch, moan, or complain. The man did his job. SMH....

SU you all keep on with that lack of championship stuff you're going to end up like JSU. This is not saying that JSU is a bad program but the consistent turnover with lackluster coaches brings undue pain that could have been eliminated.

Look Odums coached through penalties that were from prior head coaches. He didn't bitch, moan, or complain. The man did his job. SMH....

SU you all keep on with that lack of championship stuff you're going to end up like JSU. This is not saying that JSU is a bad program but the consistent turnover with lackluster coaches brings undue pain that could have been eliminated.
Who is ungrateful? I'm not.

Cautionary tales. JSU and Nebraska. Hell, Nebraska STILL hasn't recovered from firing Frank Solich.

But you'll always have a small, vocal group that shits on coaches no matter what. I've been accused of being a Worm loyalist. I'm a winning-coach loyalist. This isn't PlayStation, this real life. You're not going to win every game, and you won't win a title every season.

It's damned hard to be competitive in Division I, especially when you've been in APR jail like Southern has been for the last five years. It's even harder to be consistently winning. Don't believe me, go ask Alcorn fans about the time span between Steve leaving and this current run they've been on.

Founder, as a Gramblingite, you've seen the difference between a program in chaos and stable, winning program.

As @jag4life said, the powers that be aren't dumb enough to get ride of Worm right now.

Last edited:

Dude the people in charge aren't about to get rid of Odums.

School Football Records Since 2013

JSU
2013 - 7-4
2014 - 5-7
2015 - 3-8
2016 - 3-8
2017 - 3-8
2018 - 5-5

SU
2013 - 9-4
2014 - 9-4
2015 - 6-5
2016 - 8-3
2017 - 7-4
2018 - 7-4

I'm glad others are so obsess with who SU hires and fires.

Oh please!!! Grambling moaned and groaned until they finally got tank head as their coach. And lets not talk about the muscle milk boycott scandal.

southern should've been extended Odums contract, especially since it hasn't been 32 years since they've won an outright SWAC title like it was from Mumford to Pete.

This is too funny. Someone from Jackson States telling another school on how to hire and keep a good coach. What's also funny, these are the same dummies who said Odums was too dumb to win anything. At least he prove to them that he wasn't quite as dumb as them by hanging a foot up their behinds year after year.

Last edited:
I think it will take more than $200k to drag Pete out of Baton Rouge and Louisiana. I'm sure Pete is looking at $300k or more to start coaching again.

Oh please!!! Grambling moaned and groaned until they finally got tank head as their coach. And lets not talk about the muscle milk boycott scandal.

Tank head as you call him got the SWAC Their first Celebration Bowl win and has not had a losing season.

Yes we moaned and groaned and the administration wised up. The reason is we aim for championships every season and anything less to us is unacceptable.

Also there is not one coach that has coached on GSU’s sideline as a FULLTIME head coach that has not won a SWAC Championship or a Black College Football Championship.

No SWAC school has that distinction.

Coach Rob
Doug
Melvin Spears
Broadway
Fobbs

Tank head as you call him got the SWAC Their first Celebration Bowl win and has not had a losing season.

Yes we moaned and groaned and the administration wised up. The reason is we aim for championships every season and anything less to us is unacceptable.

Also there is not one coach that has coached on GSU’s sideline as a FULLTIME head coach that has not won a SWAC Championship or a Black College Football Championship.

No SWAC school has that distinction.

Coach Rob
Doug
Melvin Spears
Broadway
Fobbs

And tank head better not lose the next two Bayou Classics or we'll have muscle milk part 2.

Back