New Era For JSU Starts Now (Coach Prime Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

You knew it wouldn't be long before this came up, I figured it would have been after the 1st season and not after the 1st day.

It will be interesting to watch this develop. Hoping for JSU’s success because it could potentially serve as a catalyst for a future jump for them and others poised to do likewise.

Negative crabs can state otherwise.

I have always said that the SU and JSU alumni community and fanbase stands out among all colleges! They are among the best. The alumni giving rates may tell a different story but we know black graduates deal with high student debt and other financial obligations due to systematic racism stops them from giving they way our some of our white peers do
Don’t confuse quantity with quality, graytiger.I know quite a lot of local folk who respectfully bleed grey/maroon and/or purple/gold than you can ever imagine.

We may not have the current quantity but the quality of caring love is there for all of us.

The idea for a new stadium is great news! Mississippi Veterans, while big, is really old and needs a lot of work. For starters, a new playing surface would serve the stadium well together with other infrastructure improvements. Currently with the largest attendance in fcs football, JSU deserves its own stadium for that reason alone, and not necessarily because they hired Sanders as coach.

Last edited:
Don’t confuse quantity with quality, graytiger.I know quite a lot of local folk who respectfully bleed grey/maroon and/or purple/gold than you can ever imagine.

We may not have the current quantity but the quality of caring love is there for all of us.
That guy has a tendency to ask the Jaguar to cough twice during his examinations around here. 😆

The idea for a new stadium is great news! Mississippi Veterans, while big, is really old and needs a lot of work. For starters, a new playing surface would serve the stadium well together with other infrastructure. improvements. Currently the largest attendance in fcs football, JSU deserves its own stadium for that reason alone, and not necessarily because they hired Sanders as coach.

No!!! JSU turns Mississippi Veterans into the greatest HBCU game day experience! I hope they just renovated it!

Good answer.

I may joke around, but I cannot "hate" Deion Sanders. Can't do it.

As I said before, he and Michael Irvin have been my two favorite players since they were in college. Long before they played for the Cowboys. I'm skeptical that he will be able to achieve the level of success he and others expect, but I wish him well.

It's going to be interesting to watch. That's for sure.

I agree. Nothing like the Vet...........UNLESS..........a new stadium on campus would have the space for the parking that could carry on the same game day experience.
Why wouldn't a new stadium have adequate parking commensurate with the stadium's capacity?

I agree. Nothing like the Vet...........UNLESS..........a new stadium on campus would have the space for the parking that could carry on the same game day experience.

is there room on the campus or other JSU controlled property? I want to see this happen

All HBCUs have a loyal alumni community. I definitely know loyal die-hard TSU and PV people and alums (I'm one). I'm saying it's more common and prominent with SU and JSU in my opinion. Also those HBCUs are much more respected in their states which helps them more.

How many TSU and PV alums you know with season tickets to athletic events? SU and JSU average thousands ... even when we both had winning seasons, season ticket holders and fanfare is low to average. SU and JSU are just on a different level and hopefully one day we catch up ... it can happen.

Last edited:
I think a stadium on campus would be better.

Mississippi State and ole miss used to use the stadium. Many times with both teams playing games on the same day. Their on-campus attendance is not much more than the Vets capacity. So, they could still be having games in the Vet. Yet, they moved their games back to campus. Why? I suspect for the atmosphere and ambiance. The experience of bringing alumni (and their children) back to campus, but, most importantly, money.

Newer stadiums are often multipurpose facilities - with classrooms, meeting rooms, and offices as a part of the structure. They are also revenue generators with skyboxes, seat licenses, and such. Considering the amount of money it would take to renovate the Vet and bring it up to modern standards while allowing JSU to fully utilize the facility, you might as well build on campus. Let JSU take their experience to campus and drive revenue from the facility on their own campus. Let the alumni and fans enjoy themselves while recruiting the next generation at home. On their own ground.

UMMC wants that land anyway.

Do this right and it could be a win-win for everyone.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but that's truly how I feel.
lol

I think a stadium on campus would be better.

Mississippi State and ole miss used to use the stadium. Many times with both teams playing games on the same day. Their on-campus attendance is not much more than the Vets capacity. So, they could still be having games in the Vet. Yet, they moved their games back to campus. Why? I suspect for the atmosphere and ambiance. The experience of bringing alumni (and their children) back to campus, but, most importantly, money.

Newer stadiums are often multipurpose facilities - with classrooms, meeting rooms, and offices as a part of the structure. They are also revenue generators with skyboxes, seat licenses, and such. Considering the amount of money it would take to renovate the Vet and bring it up to modern standards while allowing JSU to fully utilize the facility, you might as well build on campus. Let JSU take their experience to campus and drive revenue from the facility on their own campus. Let the alumni and fans enjoy themselves while recruiting the next generation at home. On their own ground.

UMMC wants that land anyway.

Do this right and it could be a win-win for everyone.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but that's truly how I feel. lol

I agree. Make that joint flexible enough for convention/event space As well as entertaining potential donors. Shoot the shot

All HBCUs have a loyal alumni community. I definitely know loyal die-hard TSU and PV people and alums (I'm one). I'm saying it's more common and prominent with SU and JSU in my opinion. Also those HBCUs are much more respected in their states which helps them more.

How many TSU and PV alums you know with season tickets to athletic events? SU and JSU average thousands ... even when we both had winning seasons, season ticket holders and fanfare is low to average. SU and JSU are just on a different level and hopefully one day we catch up ... it can happen.

Both of our more recent graduates (w/in last 50 yrs) are comprised of more spoiled rotten “urban” /suburban types who are severely disloyal, uncommitted, bordering **** lol, apathetic, ... so both schools lost a LOT of momentum when the white folk opened their doors to coloreds in texas in the late 60s.

Just neutrally observing PV’s football situation over the last 50 years, it’s mind-boggling how it transitioned from a powerhouse to a scheme which simply put unqualified bodies on the field and inept “coaching” on the sidelines. What diehard alum desires to support bullshit players, not athletes, being coached by bullshit coaches? (See PV 1991 for supreme example)

JSU averaged 33.000 in attendance this past season, for the first time ever. What is the liklihood the state of Mississippi is going to build JSU a bigger and better stadium than it has MSU or Ole Miss? A 65,000 -seat stadium would be twice as large as its average attendance.

Both of our more recent graduates (w/in last 50 yrs) are comprised of more spoiled rotten “urban” /suburban types who are severely disloyal, uncommitted, bordering **** lol, apathetic, ... so both schools lost a LOT of momentum when the white folk opened their doors to coloreds in texas in the late 60s.

Just neutrally observing PV’s football situation over the last 50 years, it’s mind-boggling how it transitioned from a powerhouse to a scheme which simply put unqualified bodies on the field and inept “coaching” on the sidelines. What diehard alum desires to support bullshit players, not athletes, being coached by bullshit coaches? (See PV 1991 for supreme example)
Those are very harsh descriptors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back