NCAT FBS Bound?

Dude, why are you trying to create so-called "hate" where there is none? Why would folks hate to see NCAT succeed?
These same folks were pulling for your school when your football team was highly ranked in the FCS polls.
Folks are looking at the history of other schools who've tried to move up and it didn't pan out. Those schools weren't hated and they didn't claim to be hated. The decision they made to go FBS just didn't work out like they planned, but by no means were they hated.
And who is this "you people" you're referring too.

Ok...

After taking my son on a visit to A&T the thing that shocked me was their facilities for sports. They'd easily be in the bottom half of swac football stadiums & basketball arenas. I can't imagine how good they'd be if they had bama st, pv, su, jsu football facilities
Lol if we had a stadium similar to bama state we would be more big headed then we already are😂 pv’s is nice too tho. Can’t wait to see them hit it with a bulldozer ESPECIALLY that track! Feels like you’re sitting miles away from the field 27E38FD9-692F-474C-8959-06012CE64101.jpeg

By reading this thread, you would think that the chancellor said we were going FBS next year..A bunch of haters wishing that we fail so they can say “I told you so”..There was no timeline discussed, so how can you ppl automatically say something can’t be done? The hate for NCAT is unmatched!

There is not one piece of hate on this thread....people are just being honest.

Look NC A&T used to be the doormat of the MEAC until Broadway returned. The issue is how long can they continue without him being on the sideline. Also what will happen when Broadway's recruits graduate?

Another issue is finances for other sports outside of football.

There is not one piece of hate on this thread....people are just being honest.

Look NC A&T used to be the doormat of the MEAC until Broadway returned. The issue is how long can they continue without him being on the sideline. Also what will happen when Broadway's recruits graduate?

Another issue is finances for other sports outside of football.
You’re a hater..simple! Counting on our assistants and coaches to quit..and how are you so sure that coach Washington can’t sustain our success?? And what does being a FORMER “doormat” of the meac(as you say) have to do with what we plan on doing in the future? (again, no timeline was ever mentioned) We all know leadership alters lots of things..that’s why our university has been trending upwards for sometime now.

Signed,

TheDoormatOfTheMEACthatSomeOfTheseOtherSchoolsCantSeemToWipeTheirFeetOn🤷🏾‍♂️

After taking my son on a visit to A&T the thing that shocked me was their facilities for sports. They'd easily be in the bottom half of swac football stadiums & basketball arenas. I can't imagine how good they'd be if they had bama st, pv, su, jsu football facilities
Honestly that means nothing.... the SWAC as a whole have better stadiums and arenas than most lower tier conferences... doesn’t equate to winning. A&T is EASILY at the top of HBCU public schools in many areas....

“I’m not going to say it won’t happen someday,” Hilton said. “There’s nothing formally in place to discuss it right now. There’s no timeline. But it’s an exercise to talk about what transformative would look like in A&T athletics.

“It’s an exercise for all of us. Let’s force ourselves outside the box, to think bigger than we normally think. Not just in athletics, but across every aspect of the university. … Let’s push ourselves to be better.”

Thanks for posting this. It was a simple thought exercise amongst staff .....not meant to leave the room. If we ever seriously entertained the thought it probably wouldnt happen before year 2035 which was the time frame of the discussion.

Where's the evidence? I've seen none whatsoever in the past.

Evidence of what, exactly? Because...how long have they ever regularly played any other schools outside of their conference? 🤔 moving up is "possible" for anyone and if it happened regularly, any of our fans would eventually or quickly support playing those harder, more recognized teams if we were in contention to win or did. That's why football makes money...because people want to see it.

And to be honest A&T's stadium looks just fine, especially as they pack it out. I don't really see any problem. They're creating a winning tradition so all the talk about "y'all used to be" is bunk. Look at the scoreboard at the end of the game to tell you what's going on....today. Ijs. The same logic had people up in arms because some TSU fans were buying tickets to the Dallas game. Then the SAME people get on here and say things like "it would work if we left together".🤔 How would that work if the THOUGHT of schools that haven't always won in your own conference buying tickets to get butts in seats is reason to create a ruckus on a website purporting to support hbcus in the first place? 🤔 we are NOT all in this together. 🤣

@coryc919 Again a comment filled with emotion.

I don't care how good or bad you are in a sport....does A&T have the finances to support an entire athletic department on the FBS level?

@coryc919 Again a comment filled with emotion.

I don't care how good or bad you are in a sport....does A&T have the finances to support an entire athletic department on the FBS level?

Today? No..Next season? No...2025..Probably not.. But being that their was no timeline placed on the statement made..who knows what will happen in the future..I wonder if this is what Obama went through when he told ppl he was gona run for prez🤔 Guess you can’t have visionary leadership in the HBCU world..

If JSU and SU have the attendance then why hasn’t either tried to move up?

This is not throwing shade at either but a question.

The answer is simple....FINANCES

I look at FBS programs like ULM. They have not accomplished a damn thing since moving up. The reason they was because they wanted to compete with Tech not necessarily against them in games but in the media etc....

Now the only way moving up to the FBS would work is if it were done collectively by a few schools.

I would love to see GSU move-up but we are not prepared for it at all. Not by a long shot...

In my opinion Hampton made the worst decision ever. If anything if I were Hampton I would have become a FCS Independent.

Looking at budget information, Tech has UL-Monroe outspent by about $8-9 million.

Hell, the next lowest Sun Belt budget for a football-playing member is South Alabama, and their budget was $29 million. LaTech's the smallest C-USA budget, followed by Southern Miss and UT-San Antonio.

You're right, it's waaaay more than football. Gotta send your non-revenue generating sports on the road. Gotta figure out how to counteract the funding for 22 additional men's football scholarships on the women's side. Gotta upgrade your support staff.

IMO, the best thing is a group of eight to 10 D-1 HBCUs to begin fundraising and raising their budgets over time (10 to 15 years), then apply to move into FBS as a conference.

The comments/hate toward NCAT is downright sad! Meanwhile, we will go sit our azz in church for numerous hours praying to "White Jesus." But, we don't have any solutions to better our situation.

I guess, some of us are fine with getting blasted by 60, and saying, we play P-5 team to future recruits.

Honestly that means nothing.... the SWAC as a whole have better stadiums and arenas than most lower tier conferences... doesn’t equate to winning. A&T is EASILY at the top of HBCU public schools in many areas....

Pretty much. Exactly why I said as of right now they have the best run HBCU athletic department. Pretty stadium doesnt mean much if you can't beat anyone in it.

The comments/hate toward NCAT is downright sad! Meanwhile, we will go sit our azz in church for numerous hours praying to "White Jesus." But, we don't have any solutions to better our situation.

I guess, some of us are fine with getting blasted by 60, and saying, we play P-5 team to future recruits.
Again, where's this "hate" you speak of? Folks are merely pointing out the obvious and some of you guys are ignoring it.
FAMU tried it and no one hated them for it.
The bottom line is that you must be PREPARED before trying to make such a move and don't fail.
That would be even more embarrassing for any HBCU trying to move up to the FBS level. That's what folks are saying.
The old motto, "be sure you're right, then go ahead" couldn't be much truer than in this case.
No hate right there, just a cautious warning so in the end, A&T won't have to come crawling back and begging on their knees to re-enter the MEAC.

Again, where's this "hate" you speak of? Folks are merely pointing out the obvious and some of you guys are ignoring it.
FAMU tried it and no one hated them for it.
The bottom line is that you must be PREPARED before trying to make such a move and don't fail.
That would be even more embarrassing for any HBCU trying to move up to the FBS level. That's what folks are saying.
The old motto, "be sure you're right, then go ahead" couldn't be much truer than in this case.
No hate right there, just a cautious warning so in the end, A&T won't have to come crawling back and begging on their knees to re-enter the MEAC.
Show me when a date was announced and I’ll stop talking..u mention being prepared as if they said we were going fbs this season or the next..So I’m really confused...Famu has absolutely nothing to do with us..because they failed..we all will? Y’all want us to fail just admit it and go to sleep.

By reading this thread, you would think that the chancellor said we were going FBS next year..A bunch of haters wishing that we fail so they can say “I told you so”..There was no timeline discussed, so how can you ppl automatically say something can’t be done? The hate for NCAT is unmatched!
No one hates you. Grow up and be serious.

A&T has no real history and they're not an upper tier MEAC school as far as history's concerned.
If anybody from the MEAC is worthy of "respectful hate", it's FAMU.

A&T has no real history and they're not an upper tier MEAC school as far as history's concerned.
If anybody from the MEAC is worthy of "respectful hate", it's FAMU.

So maybe y’all are just the type of ppl that believe we can’t do anything because we are an HBCU I guess...Personally I would be more supportive of a fellow hbcu...But seems to me and some other ppl that y’all want us to fail..I mean your words are just an opinion and not stopping anything but just saying...

Yeah... Everyone is jealous. That’s it.

Thank you! I’m glad we could come to a conclusion...

Too many emotional thinkers.

What about the rest of the sports?

A&T folks in here just worried about football.

MEAC men and womens all sport champions. Of course we are D1 in all other sports so I'm not sure about the point you're trying to make?

Back