NCAT FBS Bound?

I don't think it is hating on NCAT. I would love for the top teams in the SWAC and MEAC to move up as a conference. I would love to see if NCAT can keep up the success that Broadway had. I like that they have a vision. They just need to make sure that they are set up for success. Lets not forget how a lot of your fans and the MEAC looked at the Celebration bowl as the Chitlin Bowl until those checks started rolling in. I think that A lot of people from A&T are cool (Older ones). The new school level NCAT fans are on a whole new level. They look down at the SWAC. You could tell the way that they were talking about the SWAC. I had to break it down to a lot of them that if the SWAC and Alcorn is so bad why is your head coach from Valley and the MEAC commissioner is from Alcorn.

I want to take this in a different direction. If A&T or any of our schools moved up, how are we feeling about have more white people on campus? I mean, if A&T not only moved up but was successful, the colonizers are going to move in. The schools growth would explode but there's a significant chance that the mission of the university to educate talented minority students that may not have gotten opportunities elsewhere could be lost. Thoughts?

NCAT would be in the Sun Belt's east division with Coastal Carolina, App State, Georgia State, Georgia Southern and Troy. That's not bad geographically for NCAT. However, if the Sun Belt's serious, they've gotta bring in a school to the west in order to balance the divisions.

If I'm the Sun Belt, I would listen to the possibility of bringing Southern or Jackson State to balance the West. Don't know how UL-Monroe and/or UL-Lafayette would feel about adding Southern, plus would the Sun Belt let Southern play the Classic against Grambling at the usual Saturday after Thanksgiving spot?

Jackson would probably be a better pick-up for the Sun Belt because they won't have in-state members blocking the move and they could have regional matchups with Arkansas State and South Alabama.

However, any school talking about moving up needs a solid 10-year plan of fundraising, infrastructure and personnel upgrades before doing so.

But NCAT is in a unique case — located in a top 50 TV market with Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte in close proximity. That could be some extra bread out there for them if they're going to make this move.

Eastern Kentucky wants in on the Sun Belt. A&T is also at an enrollment size of 12,450 and looks to be at over 14,000 by 2023. Lastly, we're adding an indoor practice facility for Baseball, Softball, Golf, T&F, and Cheer. Football would also use the facility during the Winter Months.

I want to take this in a different direction. If A&T or any of our schools moved up, how are we feeling about have more white people on campus? I mean, if A&T not only moved up but was successful, the colonizers are going to move in. The schools growth would explode but there's a significant chance that the mission of the university to educate talented minority students that may not have gotten opportunities elsewhere could be lost. Thoughts?

Interesting question. The mission of the university isn't changing. However, we are trying to get our percentage of non-black students to about 25 percent. right now, we're somewhere between 10 - 15 percent. As a comparison, Winston Salem State and Fayetteville are at or near that 25% mark of non-black students.

There is not one piece of hate on this thread....people are just being honest.

Look NC A&T used to be the doormat of the MEAC until Broadway returned. The issue is how long can they continue without him being on the sideline. Also what will happen when Broadway's recruits graduate?

Another issue is finances for other sports outside of football.

We won't win the MEAC year in and year out in any of the sponsored sports we participate in. When it comes to other sports, we just re-upped Coach Ross as our T&F coach until 2023. Our budgets are increasing yearly and we seek to have well over $1 million in donations to Athletics. Lastly, overall, we will have far exceeded our university campaign, hitting over $100 million by the end of 2020.

I don't think it is hating on NCAT. I would love for the top teams in the SWAC and MEAC to move up as a conference. I would love to see if NCAT can keep up the success that Broadway had. I like that they have a vision. They just need to make sure that they are set up for success. Lets not forget how a lot of your fans and the MEAC looked at the Celebration bowl as the Chitlin Bowl until those checks started rolling in. I think that A lot of people from A&T are cool (Older ones). The new school level NCAT fans are on a whole new level. They look down at the SWAC. You could tell the way that they were talking about the SWAC. I had to break it down to a lot of them that if the SWAC and Alcorn is so bad why is your head coach from Valley and the MEAC commissioner is from Alcorn.
Fair assessments and opinions here. I just hope we keep putting the $$$ where our mouths are and keep things going financially as alumni and fans. By the way, Alcorn State's fanbase is cool and your football team should run the table this year, winning it's first Celebration Bowl and beating McNeese and Southern Miss.

Eastern Kentucky wants in on the Sun Belt. A&T is also at an enrollment size of 12,450 and looks to be at over 14,000 by 2023. Lastly, we're adding an indoor practice facility for Baseball, Softball, Golf, T&F, and Cheer. Football would also use the facility during the Winter Months.

That’s great news.

Fair assessments and opinions here. I just hope we keep putting the $$$ where our mouths are and keep things going financially as alumni and fans. By the way, Alcorn State's fanbase is cool and your football team should run the table this year, winning it's first Celebration Bowl and beating McNeese and Southern Miss.

Just hope NCATs and other HBCU plans aren’t slowed down or thwarted by economic downturns and BS in the state houses

@coryc919 Bruh do you really believe GSU people are jealous of any football program?

Bruh get your mind right...EVERY COACH AT GSU HAS WON A SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP AND BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Not one school in the SWAC or all of HBCU can brag about that!!! Not one. Again before Broadway your school’s football program was a powder puff. Which is why I said I want to see what the program does over the next few years with a different coach at the helm. Whether you know it or not those young men playing right now are Broadway’s guys. Let’s see in year 5 what’s popping.

More importantly the more successful a program becomes the sought after their coaches become and I don't think NC A%T would be able to counter every offer to keep a coach or assistant.

In short you come on here thinking that we are hating NC A&T for what you all have done since Broadway came and left....but shit programs like GSU are OG Playas!!!

@coryc919 Bruh do you really believe GSU people are jealous of any football program?

Bruh get your mind right...EVERY COACH AT GSU HAS WON A SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP AND BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Not one school in the SWAC or all of HBCU can brag about that!!! Not one. Again before Broadway your school’s football program was a powder puff. Which is why I said I want to see what the program does over the next few years with a different coach at the helm. Whether you know it or not those young men playing right now are Broadway’s guys. Let’s see in year 5 what’s popping.

More importantly the more successful a program becomes the sought after their coaches become and I don't think NC A%T would be able to counter every offer to keep a coach or assistant.

In short you come on here thinking that we are hating NC A&T for what you all have done since Broadway came and left....but shit programs like GSU are OG Playas!!!

Well how about you enlighten me on why you feel like we can’t do something that we never put a timeline on? I’m waiting for a legit response...Haven’t seen one yet. Everyone knows gsu’s history..congrats on those accomplishments that have nothing to do with what N.C. A&T is doing..I think I got my answer..basically y’all dont feel like we’ve reached gsu’s success(which we haven’t)..So we shouldn’t be talking about joining fbs because gsu doesn’t aspire to? Am I correct?

The Southern University Football Jaguars will have something to say about that!

Well how about you enlighten me on why you feel like we can’t do something that we never put a timeline on? I’m waiting for a legit response...Haven’t seen one yet. Everyone knows gsu’s history..congrats on those accomplishments that have nothing to do with what N.C. A&T is doing..I think I got my answer..basically y’all dont feel like we’ve reached gsu’s success(which we haven’t)..So we shouldn’t be talking about joining fbs because gsu doesn’t aspire to? Am I correct?

My response was based on your "jealousy" comment.

Look A&T is an awesome team. Nobody here is denying that. What many of us are saying is that all this talk you are doing you don't seem understand that being part of a FCS program is difficult for all HBCUs.

If A&T does get in to the FBS I will be cheering for their success as most of us on this site will be doing because whether you recognize it or not we have literally ran non-HBCU smackers off this page about the things they say.

As much as I talk shit to JSU....I'm not gong to allow a non HBCU to talk shit to them....and I'm kinda damn near not wanting other HBCUs that are not SWAC schools talking shit about or to them. That's how a large percentage of us here roll. So in short we are not hating....this is the same convo we had about FAMU moving up......

My response was based on your "jealousy" comment.

Look A&T is an awesome team. Nobody here is denying that. What many of us are saying is that all this talk you are doing you don't seem understand that being part of a FCS program is difficult for all HBCUs.

If A&T does get in to the FBS I will be cheering for their success as most of us on this site will be doing because whether you recognize it or not we have literally ran non-HBCU smackers off this page about the things they say.

As much as I talk shit to JSU....I'm not gong to allow a non HBCU to talk shit to them....and I'm kinda damn near not wanting other HBCUs that are not SWAC schools talking shit about or to them. That's how a large percentage of us here roll. So in short we are not hating....this is the same convo we had about FAMU moving up......

All what talk we are doing? Because some of us refuse to agree with you about what we can’t do? Or maybe because many of you feel we are “new” to this..You have been saying throughout the entire thread that this is something that we can’t accomplish but now I get no reason why...This season will tell us a lot about our program being that we are only returning 8 starters..Sorry for you that I refuse to down talk my hbcu🤷🏾‍♂️

Yeah... I see hate. "Y'all don't have the legacy to talk about leaving" and "what if y'all fail and come crawling back"....thats hate. Crawling back? 🤣 if they left there is no quick replacement. So their conference would GAIN if they "came back". Whole lot of dry hating going on...

The Southern University Football Jaguars will have something to say about that!

And the Prairie View A&M University Football Panthers will have something to say about the Southern University Football Jaguars having something to say about Alcorn State's run.

How do you know we aren’t going to have enough money in 10 years? Or 15 years? Or 20 years? How can you be so sure? Because again..No timeline was mentioned.

Again MONEY.

Would A&T have this thought if they were still having win less seasons? See winning in football makes people think big....until reality kicks in.

And the Prairie View A&M University Football Panthers will have something to say about the Southern University Football Jaguars having something to say about Alcorn State's run.

And the ICONIC Grambling State University Fighting Tigers will have something to say about the Prairie View A&M University Football Panthers having something to say about the Southern University Football Jaguars having something to say about Alcorn State's run.

Whomever moves up, more power to them and I'll have to pull for them. However, I would have liked to see a group of HBCU(s) move up at the same time and form their own conference. Would love to see S.U., Gram, JSU, Bama State, A&T, FAMU, TNST, TSXU & PVU take the plunge together with a conference formed.

Back