National Signing Day 2016 - 2/3/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the SWACs best players, Lenard Tillery and Kourtney Berry, were walkons.

I put zero faith in rivals and 247 sports rankings. Think about it...there are millions of kids graduating every year. How can you undeniably say who is No. 1 without shenanigans?
For one- It's for entertainment purposes, only.
Secondly, the lower you go down the footbaall hierarchy, the less ineffective those websites become.
Third- it's for entertainment purposes only. Toney Hughes has a former 5-star recruit on campus right now begging to be on the team. He was told no, btw.

Stars look good on a website. When the player moves into that dorm room, the stars stay back at home with his mama.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
For one- It's for entertainment purposes, only.
Secondly, the lower you go down the footbaall hierarchy, the less ineffective those websites become.
Third- it's for entertainment purposes only. Toney Hughes has a former 5-star recruit on campus right now begging to be on the team. He was told no, btw.

Stars look good on a website. When the player moves into that dorm room, the stars stay back at home with his mama.

LOL.. Who????

Off topic: Simmons declined the fugg out of usm lmao.

Yep .. stars don't mean crap. Some of our best players didn't have stars and they lit up the swac. Dan, Pendleton and I think Casey weren't even on 247 sports or rivals. Hell we had a four star wr that had less yards than one of our walk ons. You have to be able to identify who is best for your program. I'll never forget when we played miss st and lil ole rico burned darius slay and john banks the whole game. As for the five star guy that's enrolled, if he can keep his nose clean the next few months he should be able to walk on IMO. But trouble makers can disrupt chemistry on a team

Off topic: Simmons declined the fugg out of usm lmao.

Yep .. stars don't mean crap. Some of our best players didn't have stars and they lit up the swac. Dan, Pendleton and I think Casey weren't even on 247 sports or rivals. Hell we had a four star wr that had less yards than one of our walk ons. You have to be able to identify who is best for your program. I'll never forget when we played miss st and lil ole rico burned darius slay and john banks the whole game. As for the five star guy that's enrolled, if he can keep his nose clean the next few months he should be able to walk on IMO. But trouble makers can disrupt chemistry on a team

There is plenty of truth to what you are saying, but stars and recruiting sites are a great thing and the do have some merit.

Every program in the nation is going to have success stories from walk on's to 2 star underrated players , but recruiting ratings and stars do show that a kid has caught the eyes of several coaches. It' a great thing for players and fans to be excited about getting a 3 star kid to their FCS program who had 5 other FBS offers.

One major flaw in the ratings for FCS programs is the fact that many signees don't get reported and the sites don't take the time to research everyone's class. (Especially the HBCU classes.) As you can see, 247 or rivals doesn't have a full list of SWAC or MEAC commits. If they did that, I believe their rankings would be "somewhat" more respectable.

Recruiting websites can only be taken seriously from Power 5 fanbases. Their "scouts" do a horrible job even tracking offers & visits from players that aren't on the radar of Power 5 schools.

Back in the day, all the information you had was stats, school classification, offensive/defensive systems, etc. Now every kid is supposed to have a composite number, based off arbitrary stuff like camps, etc. It's somewhat accurate for players on the board of Power 5 schools, but lower end FBS and all FCS schools' recruits aren't tracked and scouted forreal.

Right because let SUjag tell it. The big RB we got from Zachary only got yards because the defense keyed in on the QB...ROTFLMAO
I speak The Truth( like Boosie) lmao. I say stuff folks don't want to hear, but it's the truth. You don't have to like it. Just my opinion. Why yall so butt hurt .

The more you say it the Funnier it gets ROTFLMAO. That's like saying a QB only threw for over 4000+ yards a season because the defense keyed in on the RB. Make it stop Jesus LMAO
Ask anyone who saw Zachary play. Scott, their QB keep the ball the majority of the time. When he did Hand it off, it would be wide open lol.

Ask anyone who saw Zachary play. Scott, their QB keep the ball the majority of the time. When he did Hand it off, it would be wide open lol.
The more you say it the Funnier it gets ROTFLMAO. That's like saying a QB only threw for over 4000+ yards a season because the defense keyed in on the RB. Make it stop Jesus LMAO
Right. Like on every single down, the entire defense was looking at the QB and the RB was on the opposite of the field with the ball in his hands. LOL.

Sounds like he's mad....the kid had an offer from southern, too. He's only talking down on him because he elected to #ChooseJacksonState.

Right. Like on every single down, the entire defense was looking at the QB and the RB was on the opposite of the field with the ball in his hands. LOL.

Sounds like he's mad....the kid had an offer from southern, too. He's only talking down on him because he elected to #ChooseJacksonState.

EXACTLY LOL. You dont have 225 carries and about 1600 yards in a season by default. They dont call him Freight Train for nothing. LMAO at Scott keeping the ball the majority of the time.

EXACTLY LOL. You dont have 225 carries and about 1600 yards in a season by default. They dont call him Freight Train for nothing. LMAO at Scott keeping the ball the majority of the time.
None of y'all saw Zachary play. I did. Like PJ posted, Scott threw for 3,000 yards and ran for 2,000. Damn right teams were keying on him

None of y'all saw Zachary play. I did. Like PJ posted, Scott threw for 3,000 yards and ran for 2,000. Damn right teams were keying on him
So he got all 1500 of his yards and 18 TD's because teams were looking at the other QB? He didn't earn any of his stats own his own merit? He didn't earn scholarship offers from southern, JSU and Howard on his own?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So he got all 1500 of his yards and 18 TD's because teams were looking at the other QB? He didn't earn any of his stats own his own merit? He didn't earn scholarship offers from southern, JSU and Howard on his own?
Not saying all his yards lol, but teams were so worried about Scott keeping the ball on the read option, when ever he did hand it off, it was a hole so big u could drive a truck thru it lol. Not saying he is a bad player lol. I just wasn't impressed the games I saw him. He did nothing against Scotlandville, a team that also had college level talent.

LMAO right or Footman rushed for all those yards against SU because the defense was keying in on Ragsdale lol.
LMAO right or Footman rushed for all those yards against SU because the defense was keying in on Ragsdale lol.
I wish yall could have saw Zachary play. I'm going to try and record the Zachary/Scotlandville game next time they show it on Cox. We will see in a couple of years.

Not saying all his yards lol, but teams were so worried about Scott keeping the ball on the read option, when ever he did hand it off, it was a hole so big u could drive a truck thru it lol. Not saying he is a bad player lol. I just wasn't impressed the games I saw him. He did nothing against Scotlandville, a team that also had college level talent.
Gotcha. Well, my coach saw enough to offer him scholarship money, and so did your coach. So that'll work for me for now. He still has to compete with three other freshman and a JUCO kid we brought in.

Now moving on....is Scott going to play QB at LSU?

Gotcha. Well, my coach saw enough to offer him scholarship money, and so did your coach. So that'll work for me for now. He still has to compete with three other freshman and a JUCO kid we brought in.

Now moving on....is Scott going to play QB at LSU?
He has the talent but he is short. To me he wasn't the best QB in BR, and I went to Baker with his dad. I would take this QB that's going to be a senior this upcoming year. JSU, well Chad, already offered the kid I'm talking about. So have others lol. He is Willie Quinn, but can also throw lol.

I wish yall could have saw Zachary play. I'm going to try and record the Zachary/Scotlandville game next time they show it on Cox. We will see in a couple of years.

SUJag it's ok man. The facts just doesn't support your statement. Scott rushed 220 times and Terry had 225 rushes which again discredit this whole the QB kept the ball the MAJORITY of the time lie. I liked what i saw from dude from his highlights and so did SU, JSU, and Howard. Dude is a big load to bring down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back