Mayweather & The Jukebox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, look at all these lies coming out of nowhere. Walk in "free" on the home side?! If folks got in free, then that would actually LOWER the attendance count. How has JSU been leading the SWAC all these years if folks have been getting in for free?
Some of yall post nonsense without even realizing how it sounds but it's sounds real funny and makes you look unsmart.

You can play dumb all you want, but there has been numerous of threads on why jSU has a serious undercount problem with several people getting in games for free as part of the problem.

http://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threads/ncaa-attendance-leaders.21302/#post-292513

You can play dumb all you want, but there has been numerous of threads on why jSU has a serious undercount problem with several people getting in games for free as part of the problem.

http://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threads/ncaa-attendance-leaders.21302/#post-292513
But how does that make you look? You claimed that people getting in FREE actually raises JSU's overall attendance. Come on 89. You're smarter than that.....I think.

Besides, many stadiums have undercounts for whatever reason, not just Mighty JSU.

But how does that make you look? You claimed that people getting in FREE actually raises JSU's overall attendance. Come on 89. You're smarter than that.....I think.

Besides, many stadiums have undercounts for whatever reason, not just Mighty JSU.

You are the most delusional character I've ever seen. Where in my two posts on here did I say anything about jSU's overall attendance?

Now back to my original question, has jSU stop the bleeding from FREEBIES???

Does jSU still allow people to walk in free on their home side? Bluedog said that's how him and his buddy from jSU used to always get in. I noticed they lowered ticket prices this upcoming season to try to get more butts into the seats.

The SU game saved your attendance. If jstank continues to get their ass whipped in football the attendance will remain like this......

View attachment 3254

*snicker*

Unless they are playing in the NFL or a college program somewhere up north in a very cold climate, there's no feasible reason for them to have a dome stadium. That was one of the most silliest idea any school in the south could have thought of.

All I know...the boom had the best OVERALL show at Honda. Not SU. It was more of a showcase...not like a regular halftime feel.

Last edited:
I give it to SU.. I like the L drill...but y'all took an L at Honda vs JSU. I'm being non bias....j state had a better overall show...point blank. Undebatable!!

I like both schools. I like Haymer....I may not agree with a few things he does...but i think he is a great & extremely talented director, like Taylor is at JSU. Doc. Haymer..believes in destruction of the opposition band....WAR TIME!!!! That's why he acts like he does. & yeah he's young...but Haymer dont play. SU will be great. So y'all need to leave him alone. He just really competitive!!!! Like a soldier. I love SU!!! Lol. But...I don't think Doc. Little from JSU will be patient with SU like Taylor was....lol. Doc.Little is an extrodinary director & he dont play. Like SU, All of the boom young directors are aggressive...Doc. Taylor keeps them grounded....lol. 2015 gonna be a world war between the Boom & Box!!!! So can we just kill which band has done the most & who got more money.... Etc......who cares. Kill this shit. Yall both kill other swac schools bands hands down!!! Y'all both extraordinary!!!! The top 4 swac bands & 2 other black school college bands.. that I think have had an solid IMPACT since birth... Unique sound, drills, band concepts...etc...was Tn state, Grambling, JSU, SU, ,Famu, and old school Valley state...when Valley was a corp style band. But, only SU & JSU has remained mostly the same & keep alive their roots though out the years. But.... The most consistent has to be SU followed by JSU.

Last edited:
& I've NEVER seen Any swac band EVER out drill SU, As far as drill concepts goes.
& SU has always had a solid band staff. Doc
Greggs was the man with that band &
them drills!!!! U can't touch Doc. Greggs on them drill concepts.....no one!!!! Haughton had a major impact with overall concept of the Boom .....like Greggs had a major impact with concept of SU. But no one in swac....could hang with William w. Davis.....arrangements wise, no one!!!

Last edited:
I only speak facts.....I like SU & JSU both. Both are the truth. The other swac bands need to step up.....which they are starting too. I'm truthfully unbias as they come.

Questions...I tell the truth.

Last edited:
Unless they are playing in the NFL or a college program somewhere up north in a very cold climate, there's no feasible reason for them to have a dome stadium. That was one of the most silliest idea any school in the south could have thought of.
I agree...a dome is a waste of money. Just upgrade memorial... In a grand way....It would be beautiful.

I agree...a dome is a waste of money. Just upgrade memorial... In a grand way....It would be beautiful.

IMO, I think it would benefit jSU to build 25k open air on-campus stadium like Tulane just did. It would liven up the campus on weekends and help the community in its immediate area business wise. Also, there wouldn't be an issue with who controls the gate and the parking at the stadium and transportation cost for getting on-campus students back and forth to the stadium would go to zero.

Last edited:
Im from jackson and went to southern me and my brother. Southern is on an whole
planet above everybody when it comes to bands!!

You don't have to tell me. Lol. I am with you. I was the First but not the last to come from my HS in Jackson to be part of the Juke. I truly understand.

what a waste of keystrokes! If you asked me what I just read, I couldn't tell you.
icon_boring.gif

Just like the junk you been posting. Cat you ain't even on my level. And if you didn't march in the Boom during the Haughton and first Taylor years. You don't even have enough cred.to even address me.

You continue to post craziness. But I digress.

So is JR but even he won't publicly tell the truth about the Mighty BOOM and you sure as heck won't based on previous comments.

Every Black poll and major poll has JSU ranked ahead of su in most categories, and this includes our beloved J-Settes versus su's dancing dolls.
You keep thinking Greggs is leading su but he isn't. It's time you and others admit that to yourself.

Major black polls. Lmao. And that has gotten JSU what exactly? Last time I checked America is more than just Black. Second thing is, I don't care about no damn poll even if SU is number 1 in it. Just means your mofos voted over and over.

You do realize Haymer in one year still getting invites. So did Mr. Jackson . So what you are saying makes no sense. Haymer has already surpassed Jackson business wise.

Just like the junk you been posting. Cat you ain't even on my level. And if you didn't march in the Boom during the Haughton and first Taylor years. You don't even have enough cred.to even address me.

Grow up JR! Trying to be important again? How old are you anyway? 60, 65, 70? lol

Whine about what? Anybody with common sense knows SU has done more stuff over the years. Even my old school Boom Frats and Homies will tell you that. Ain't the S fault that Doc was more known than Liddell or whomever. Maybe if Dr James had let Taylor do what he really wanted after Motown 30 in 1990 and not let him quit. The Boom would have went to greater heights. He was young and on the move. That ain't SU fault. But I can't let this foolishness go unchecked. FAMU, Grambling and SU are the most traveled HBCU bands period. The most known. Period. You don't have to like any of the bands. Hell you can even think the Boom is greater than the S or whomever. Not trying to talk no one into that. But the Juke's resume is just simply greater. Even in the last 9 years since Doc retired they have maintained the invites. Don't why it is an issue with yall. I am not a FAMU band fan. But I have to give them their due when it comes to the most accomplished HBCU band program. Don't know why it is an issue for folks from JSU to do the same when it comes to Southern. It ain't about liking us. But again the resume speaks for itself. I hate the Yankees. But I can't argue that they are the most storied in baseball. This thread is like a Cubs fan arguing with a Yankees fan.

Umm again, wrong person. I ALWAYS give SU props on everything they do and always will. I've never been a SU hater or any other school for the matter. Just like you tryna get at us about giving yall props, most of the jukes on here need the same speech but I guess you ain't seein that part huh? I've always said how great of a band SU was and I'll never deny it but I will always take up for my school and the Boom when need be just as you gone take up for yours. If you ain't gone be fair about it, save these dissertations for somebody else cuz we ain't tryna hear it lol.

:snicker:

Umm again, wrong person. I ALWAYS give SU props on everything they do and always will. I've never been a SU hater or any other school for the matter. Just like you tryna get at us about giving yall props, most of the jukes on here need the same speech but I guess you ain't seein that part huh? I've always said how great of a band SU was and I'll never deny it but I will always take up for my school and the Boom when need be just as you gone take up for yours. If you ain't gone be fair about it, save these dissertations for somebody else cuz we ain't tryna hear it lol.
Thats fair! Yall still havent done what su band has done.

Exactly! If you ain't Bill Gates, Barack Obama, the Pope or have a Phi Beta Kappa Society key, I'm not impressed.

I guess we're all nobody trying to be somebody?

Do you know how many Inaugurations SU has done. Check. Do you realize SU has played several times for dignitaries of world nations outside the country. Check. By the way Bill Gates and Melinda Gates not to mention Paul Allen, Mark Cuban etc have all enjoyed an SU band performance. Hell we got famous Jukes. So Bernard go crawl back in the hole you came from. You probably never left the state you live in. And stop acting like you some JSU person. You are not.

O, Ok! Continue posting and I will continue quoting and/or addressing your posts at my convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back