Mayweather & The Jukebox

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this because Jackson State folks are jealous because The Sonic Doom hasn't done diddly squat. Even Bama State's Band has more clout than JSU's. JSU's only claim to fame is Motown, a couple of NFL games and i mean a couple. Only bands that have bragging rights and who have many events under their belt are The Jukebox, Grambling, and Florida A&M. All others get a little of the leftovers. If your band has never done a Superbowl, Presidential Inaugural Parade, Nationally Televised Documentary, Sugar Bowl and it's 2015 sit down somewhere.

You'd think SU has done everything under the sun, played on Jupiter and traveled the galaxies with all this "what have you done" BS they stay whining about lol. Yall give SU their titty back so they can stop all this crying and fussing, I hate watching grown men cry.

You'd think SU has done everything under the sun, played on Jupiter and traveled the galaxies with all this "what have you done" BS they stay whining about lol. Yall give SU their titty back so they can stop all this crying and fussing, I hate watching grown men cry.

So let me get this straight. We create a thread about SU doing something positive and the usual suspects come in and try to make JSU appear relevant but we're crying? I guess that I'm missing something

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Just list JSU's accomplishments vs The Jukebox, that will solve everything. Will cut down on the back and forth.

So let me get this straight. We create a thread about SU doing something positive and the usual suspects come in and try to make JSU appear relevant but we're crying? I guess that I'm missing something

If Bernard is your usual suspect then yall the crazy ones for letting one person get to yall lol. Hell did he even go to JSU?? Yall prob jus wanted to go in on JSU jus cuz yall can. I gave yall props as I always have, yall jus choose to reply to what you wana reply to. If yall was as "superior" as yall say yall are nobodies negative comments would even matter lol. I see you are missing a lot lmao.

Last edited:
Just list JSU's accomplishments vs The Jukebox, that will solve everything. Will cut down on the back and forth.

They've had this debate and even named some of JSU's accomplishments. Its funny how people jus get on commenting without even reading whats going on lol.

All of this because Jackson State folks are jealous because The Sonic Doom hasn't done diddly squat. Even Bama State's Band has more clout than JSU's. JSU's only claim to fame is Motown, a couple of NFL games and i mean a couple. Only bands that have bragging rights and who have many events under their belt are The Jukebox, Grambling, and Florida A&M. All others get a little of the leftovers. If your band has never done a Superbowl, Presidential Inaugural Parade, Nationally Televised Documentary, Sugar Bowl and it's 2015 sit down somewhere.

What about the NCAA Hall of Champions; Florida A&M and Grambling are there, what about Southern? How many NFL games has Southern performed at, outside the state of Louisiana?

Last edited:
It's quite interesting that su folks can't focus on their pep band being sent to Las Vegas. They keep letting these JSU folks get them off track.:snicker: Hmmm, one can only wonder why.

It's quite interesting that su folks can't focus on their pep band being sent to Las Vegas. They keep letting these JSU folks get them off track.:snicker: Hmmm, one can only wonder why.

Rob, I don't think it would have made a difference. SU's marching band and pep band sound about the same, you can barely hear neither.

The Boom is pushing some serious "watts/power/volume/sound," they know this, but will NOT admit this! :confused:

Lmfao. I think we all know why. Some people jus will never admit it.

Here we go with that hall of champions crap again. Use the search function for that one salty tiggers (pun intended).

JSU #1, Southern is farther down on the list, behind NC A&T, Tenn. State and BCU. Southern has lost the aggressiveness in arrangements it had under Greggs. Now they sound like an average HBCU band.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU #1, Southern is farther down on the list, behind NC A&T, Tenn. State and BCU. Southern has lost the aggressiveness in arrangements it had under Greggs. Now they sound like an average HBCU band.
For speaking the truth, you're now on public enemy's most wanted.

Colts, Falcons just to name a few off the top of my head.

Man these clowns are absolutely crazy. But what do you expect. None of them who are bumping their gums even get out of the home state that often to even realize that they aint thought of in the same light as SU Band. I mean really it is ridiculous for any of them to question who has the most CRED and History. Invites send help.

All of a sudden in ONE year that Haymer has taken over. SU ain't SU. LOL. When he was doing all the arranging pretty much the last few years anyway. Especially after Mr Knighten left and then passed on. Fools are now asking what NFL games has SU performed at outside of LA. What NFL games have they done? A few here and there. Jukebox has done Atlanta multiple times( old stadium and GA Dome, Colts, Vikings, performed for the former Oilers who are the Titans now. Oh well, like I said, I did more in my time in the Juke than what these cats are posting to compare to.

You bout to make these cats start whining again. Let em make it for now lol.

Whine about what? Anybody with common sense knows SU has done more stuff over the years. Even my old school Boom Frats and Homies will tell you that. Ain't the S fault that Doc was more known than Liddell or whomever. Maybe if Dr James had let Taylor do what he really wanted after Motown 30 in 1990 and not let him quit. The Boom would have went to greater heights. He was young and on the move. That ain't SU fault. But I can't let this foolishness go unchecked. FAMU, Grambling and SU are the most traveled HBCU bands period. The most known. Period. You don't have to like any of the bands. Hell you can even think the Boom is greater than the S or whomever. Not trying to talk no one into that. But the Juke's resume is just simply greater. Even in the last 9 years since Doc retired they have maintained the invites. Don't why it is an issue with yall. I am not a FAMU band fan. But I have to give them their due when it comes to the most accomplished HBCU band program. Don't know why it is an issue for folks from JSU to do the same when it comes to Southern. It ain't about liking us. But again the resume speaks for itself. I hate the Yankees. But I can't argue that they are the most storied in baseball. This thread is like a Cubs fan arguing with a Yankees fan.

Whine about what? Anybody with common sense knows SU has done more stuff over the years. Even my old school Boom Frats and Homies will tell you that. Ain't the S fault that Doc was more known than Liddell or whomever. Maybe if Dr James had let Taylor do what he really wanted after Motown 30 in 1990 and not let him quit. The Boom would have went to greater heights. He was young and on the move. That ain't SU fault. But I can't let this foolishness go unchecked. FAMU, Grambling and SU are the most traveled HBCU bands period. The most known. Period. You don't have to like any of the bands. Hell you can even think the Boom is greater than the S or whomever. Not trying to talk no one into that. But the Juke's resume is just simply greater. Even in the last 9 years since Doc retired they have maintained the invites. Don't why it is an issue with yall. I am not a FAMU band fan. But I have to give them their due when it comes to the most accomplished HBCU band program. Don't know why it is an issue for folks from JSU to do the same when it comes to Southern. It ain't about liking us. But again the resume speaks for itself. I hate the Yankees. But I can't argue that they are the most storied in baseball. This thread is like a Cubs fan arguing with a Yankees fan.
Im from jackson and went to southern me and my brother. Southern is on an whole
planet above everybody when it comes to bands!!

Last edited:

what a waste of keystrokes! If you asked me what I just read, I couldn't tell you.
icon_boring.gif

Just because one just so happen to be born in Jackson doesn't make their opinion anymore credible. I can see it as one didn't meet the qualifications to attend Jackson State so one had to settle for a backup plan.

Just because one just so happen to be born in Jackson doesn't make their opinion anymore credible. I can see it as one didn't meet the qualifications to attend Jackson State so one had to settle for a backup plan.
I could have gone to Jackson State but dog as u know there is alot of Jags in the state of Mississippi. Jackson State is way back of Southern!!

Im from jackson and went to southern me and my brother. Southern is on an whole
planet above everybody when it comes to bands!!
So is JR but even he won't publicly tell the truth about the Mighty BOOM and you sure as heck won't based on previous comments.

Every Black poll and major poll has JSU ranked ahead of su in most categories, and this includes our beloved J-Settes versus su's dancing dolls.
You keep thinking Greggs is leading su but he isn't. It's time you and others admit that to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back