Look at all the "exposure" A&T (and Hampton) is getting in the Big South

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That's great to hear, and I hope that campaign is successful. And you are are just talking about fully funding schollies. If there's a move up, then you're on the hook for salaries and benefits for expanded staffs across to board and working to satisfy Title IX. That additional $2 to $3 million more than likely would have to be raised annually to help fund the department ...

Also, I have a bad feeling the oligarchy that runs college football/Autonomous 5/Power 5 are gonna kill off the Big 12, pick the scraps left behind from Texas and OU leaving and segregate themselves from the rest of college athletics as we know it. That means no "body-bag" games in football and men's basketball. Gotta figure out a strategy that keeps out schools solvent and viable when that comes down the pike.

Like Coach-who-need-not-be-named tweeting about the Big 12 ... that's a friggin' pipe dream at the moment. If his school had, let's say 15,000 full-time students right now with student fees to subsidize athletics more and robust fundraising outside of the voodoo math of "free advertising/marketing/social media impressions" ... then we can begin conversations right now.

From my talk with the guy over the athletic nonprofit, the $10 mil SHOULD take care of whatever the coaches might need. I agree about the salaries/staff. I think most know how most of us feel about the current situation at Valley so I seriously doubt if there are serious talks about moving up that the current powers will be in place especially if outside entities (Valley alums) are doing the job of the AD

I think if the 1-2 things that we talked about come to reality in a month or so, that will really kickstart everything (I'll let them break the news when they feel like it)

The only field in college football losing its edges πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
vintage lol GIF

I HATE YOU!!!!! Lmao

(I can't edit so I'm replying again) Remove A&T and put 'Black people' in that spot and you tell me the difference? White people only freed slaves for their benefit right? We are seen as useless in this country and I'm sure you still live in the U.S. RIGHT???
For now I do! May not be for long however! "NegroLand" is calling me!

Last edited:
I don't believe so...Yea I see what happened at JSU but lets be real, its because of Coach Prime. I just don't see us going back to how it "used to be"...

☝️ So if I'm understanding you correctly, you are expressing doubt and pessimism as is relates to the possibility of "our schools" returning to glory!
As far as the Big South I'm not sure.

But yet, here you express a sort of optimism and faith when it relates to "their schools!" :rolleyes:

919Aggie said:
Dennis Thomas was the reason and what did people really expect us to do? Go D2 and join the CIAA? Join the SWAC? Just like our white AD...We had a black one first that couldn't get the job done so we hired our next best option. We have to keep OUR head above water as we aren't responsible for members of the MEAC or Big South. I'm all for BLACK EXCELLENCE! Been around black everything all my life and even I understand that every decision isn't going to make me comfortable.

People expected you to do what many of our schools have done over the last few decades: "Persevere and lobby to put important people in leadership to push the conference forward. Ignore the masses and trends and set the example of black excellence!

Good luck going forward, but let's please not act like the DNA and history of your university is not cloaked in the desires of assimilation and self-proclaimed, yet self-inflicted mental philosophy of the ever-evading principal regarding black & white equality!

The greatest enemy to the Black community is - blacks themselves. Till there is a cultural revolution inside the black community, we will get what we have always gotten: No identity; cultural assimilation to every other group; and the perceived white is right syndrome!

Back