Look at all the "exposure" A&T (and Hampton) is getting in the Big South

Imma laugh when A&T or Hampton ends up winning an NCAA basketball tournament game

Schools are doing what is best for them. The landscape of college football is changing,and that change will be a domino effect on the entire athletic department. Hopefully A&T and Hampton is doing what is best for them. I have said this on the forum before if you don't think schools are doing what is best for them behind closed doors you are sadly mistaken.
I hope that if SU had better options long term we would do what's best for SU, before the conference. I know people may not like that statement, but it's the truth
Thank you! Unfortunately 'culture' doesn't pay the bills (For Us). The MEAC and SWAC are TOTALLY different (MEAC fans don't travel). I just find it weird to hate on a school that you don't even have to play. That's like me wanting Jackson State to fail.....

Thank you! Unfortunately 'culture' doesn't pay the bills (For Us). The MEAC and SWAC are TOTALLY different (MEAC fans don't travel). I just find it weird to hate on a school that you don't even have to play. That's like me wanting Jackson State to fail.....
I hope no one wants you to fail. Seeing y'all and Hampton leave the MEAC does hurt though. No lie. I would hate seeing swac member institutions leave for the southland or ovc (not that they would b/c it's just about to get crunk over here). Now I don't want to see JSU leave for the Big 12 b/c I'm hoping we can all go together but the conference can't get their act together and the BIG 12 comes calling I guess I'll have to get a jsu shirt...ah... gotta go. just threw up in my mouth.

I hope no one wants you to fail. Seeing y'all and Hampton leave the MEAC does hurt though. No lie. I would hate seeing swac member institutions leave for the southland or ovc (not that they would b/c it's just about to get crunk over here). Now I don't want to see JSU leave for the Big 12 b/c I'm hoping we can all go together but the conference can't get their act together and the BIG 12 comes calling I guess I'll have to get a jsu shirt...ah... gotta go. just threw up in my mouth.
If JSU goes to the Big 12, why would anybody be hurt? They would be upgrading to FBS. The reason folks have an issue with Hampton and A&T going to the Big South is it’s a lateral move to another FCS conference. Either way, I understand institutions have to do what’s best for them.

That raggedy ass stadium is more desired than that semi-new tuna can in Montgomery with that cheap ass shedding turf in it. Just keep that at the top of your mind.
cocaine is a helluva drug!
We have the best stadium in ALL of FCS, not just HBCUs. Our facilities alone is enough for a bigger conference to send us an invite, but we’re loyal to our people unlike those clowns in Greensboro, Nashville & Hampton.

Man, that ugly ass turf looks like some chia pet experiment wrong.

View: https://youtu.be/TVeVJaqcuRI

I’d be worried about who put down that turf field for y’all … I’ve never seen turf shed like grass …that’s crazy…

My my my how the mighty have fallen. You Bammas can’t take a ass whipping so y’all blaming the turf. Don’t worry, we’ll beat y’all’s ass again this fall in Jackson. Just call us the Homcoming spoilers :cool:

We have the best stadium in ALL of FCS, not just HBCUs. Our facilities alone is enough for a bigger conference to send us an invite, but we’re loyal to our people unlike those clowns in Greensboro, Nashville & Hampton.

My my my how the mighty have fallen. You Bammas can’t take a ass whipping so y’all blaming the turf. Don’t worry, we’ll beat y’all’s ass again this fall in Jackson. Just call us the Homcoming spoilers
Bammas? Uh, dude, I believe you got us ucked up with yall. And the only thing yall spoiling this fall is yall feelings with fake ass confetti grass football field.

Confetti Background GIF by Justin

Turf outchea shedding like snake skin!
Seriously though, it did look like that turf was deteriorating before my very eyes when I watched that game on ESPN! Never seen anything like that before! I hope ASU has some kind of warranty on that turf.

My my my how the mighty have fallen. You Bammas can’t take a ass whipping so y’all blaming the turf. Don’t worry, we’ll beat y’all’s ass again this fall in Jackson. Just call us the Homcoming spoilers :cool:
Beat our ass ? Sir, Y’all was catching hell from our backups … and needed the refs and the failing instant replay taking a touchdown away to win … consider yourself lucky… you must’ve sniffed Dr. Ely bath salt.

Real talk ... Alabama State's turf might be suffering from male pattern baldness ...

But ... what's good for NCAT and Hampton might not be good for everybody. I'll pull for them, and hopefully it will work out for them.

BTW: None of us have the budget, at the moment, to move up to FBS. Where y'all think the money for 20-plus additional schollies for football — along with having that same money on hand to help satisfy Title IX — gonna magically appear from every year? LOL

Gotta fundraise (and I'm not talking about fish dinner church fundraise either) ... corporate dollars
Gotta increase enrollment. More full-time students = more student fees generated (like a whole lot of Group of Fives)
Admins on the academic/athletic side of individual schools have got to have a shared vision ... and leadership at member institutions have to share the same vision.

At the rate this wave of college expansion/contraction is going ... there has got to be a plan for mutual survival. If not, we might be looking at mutual destruction (worst-case scenario).

Last edited:
BTW: None of us have the budget, at the moment, to move up to FBS. Where y'all think the money for 20-plus additional schollies for football — along with having that same money on hand to help satisfy Title IX — gonna magically appear from every year? LOL

Right now, we have a fundraiser for the athletic endowed scholarship fund to max out schollies for all sports at Valley. If we are trying to raise $10 mil for that, you might as well add $2-$3 mil for that to future proof for a potential FBS move. I imagine other schools closer to 63 now can future proof themselves with similar ventures (and to protect themselves from admin from putting their hands in the cookie jar)

Outside of that, our biggest obstacle would be basically upgrading the seating capacity to 18K (probably have to get a government loan for that similar to AAMU and Grambling)

Right now, we have a fundraiser for the athletic endowed scholarship fund to max out schollies for all sports at Valley. If we are trying to raise $10 mil for that, you might as well add $2-$3 mil for that to future proof for a potential FBS move. I imagine other schools closer to 63 now can future proof themselves with similar ventures (and to protect themselves from admin from putting their hands in the cookie jar)

Outside of that, our biggest obstacle would be basically upgrading the seating capacity to 18K (probably have to get a government loan for that similar to AAMU and Grambling)

That's great to hear, and I hope that campaign is successful. And you are are just talking about fully funding schollies. If there's a move up, then you're on the hook for salaries and benefits for expanded staffs across to board and working to satisfy Title IX. That additional $2 to $3 million more than likely would have to be raised annually to help fund the department ...

Also, I have a bad feeling the oligarchy that runs college football/Autonomous 5/Power 5 are gonna kill off the Big 12, pick the scraps left behind from Texas and OU leaving and segregate themselves from the rest of college athletics as we know it. That means no "body-bag" games in football and men's basketball. Gotta figure out a strategy that keeps out schools solvent and viable when that comes down the pike.

Like Coach-who-need-not-be-named tweeting about the Big 12 ... that's a friggin' pipe dream at the moment. If his school had, let's say 15,000 full-time students right now with student fees to subsidize athletics more and robust fundraising outside of the voodoo math of "free advertising/marketing/social media impressions" ... then we can begin conversations right now.

Dude. My wife and I watched the Southern/Alabama State game. My wife isn't really into football, but she saw that field shedding and asked me what was wrong. She thought it was real grass until I told her it wasn't LOL

Yea I ain't never seen anything like it lol. I thought maybe they put real grass on top of it lol

Back