Look at all the "exposure" A&T (and Hampton) is getting in the Big South

A&T still don't get it. One day yall will! šŸ˜†

If you only knew what those people really think about yall. They only want you when you can help them survive! After that, you are useless!
(I can't edit so I'm replying again) Remove A&T and put 'Black people' in that spot and you tell me the difference? White people only freed slaves for their benefit right? We are seen as useless in this country and I'm sure you still live in the U.S. RIGHT???

(I can't edit so I'm replying again) Remove A&T and put 'Black people' in that spot and you tell me the difference? White people only freed slaves for their benefit right? We are seen as useless in this country and I'm sure you still live in the U.S. RIGHT???
You still don't get it. Autonomy is the name of the game! But it's only advantageous when you know who you are and can create the system where you can thrive.

We perish as a people because we lack knowledge and we refuse to think for ourselves, but more importantly, we are always trying to assimilate to other cultures.

Once you know who you are, this verse will make more sense to you and what we must do as a people!

2nd Esdras 6:9

You still don't get it. Autonomy is the name of the game! But it's only advantageous when you know who you are and can create the system where you can thrive.

We perish as a people because we lack knowledge and we refuse to think for ourselves, but more importantly, we are always trying to assimilate to other cultures.

Once you know who you are, this verse will make more sense to you and what we must do as a people!
Our 'system' didn't work.. So no way do you believe we should remain somewhere (just because its a black space) no matter the circumstances. Yes, integration had a negative impact on our people but at the end of the day, the top black athletes are STILL going to PWIs in droves. So are we just gona sit and cry about it? Hoping and wishing isn't gona reverse the tide of top athletes seeing HBCUs as 'inferior'. If you could, would you advocate for your school to join the MEAC?

Our 'system' didn't work.. So no way do you believe we should remain somewhere (just because its a black space) no matter the circumstances. Yes, integration had a negative impact on our people but at the end of the day, the top black athletes are STILL going to PWIs in droves. So are we just gona sit and cry about it? Hoping and wishing isn't gona reverse the tide of top athletes seeing HBCUs as 'inferior'. If you could, would you advocate for your school to join the MEAC?
That Tide is rapidly changing soon my friend! And no WE aren't going to sit back and cry about it. We have to address it head on.

Let me ask you this: had A&T, Hampton and Howard decided to stay in the MEAC, what do you think would of happened to the Big South?

That Tide is rapidly changing soon my friend! And no WE aren't going to sit back and cry about it. We have to address it head on.

Let me ask you this: had A&T, Hampton and Howard decided to stay in the MEAC, what do you think would of happened to the Big South?
I don't believe so...Yea I see what happened at JSU but lets be real, its because of Coach Prime. I just don't see us going back to how it "used to be"... As far as the Big South I'm not sure. Until recently, the teams that did leave were leaving to move up to FBS. Even though its a moot point, why don't you question why members are leaving the MEAC? I get it, its easy to say "A&T thinks white ice is colder" but that's not the reason for our move and yall know it. Dennis Thomas was the reason and what did people really expect us to do? Go D2 and join the CIAA? Join the SWAC? Just like our white AD...We had a black one first that couldn't get the job done so we hired our next best option. We have to keep OUR head above water as we aren't responsible for members of the MEAC or Big South. I'm all for BLACK EXCELLENCE! Been around black everything all my life and even I understand that every decision isn't going to make me comfortable.

I don't believe so...Yea I see what happened at JSU but lets be real, its because of Coach Prime. I just don't see us going back to how it "used to be"... As far as the Big South I'm not sure. Until recently, the teams that did leave were leaving to move up to FBS. Even though its a moot point, why don't you question why members are leaving the MEAC? I get it, its easy to say "A&T thinks white ice is colder" but that's not the reason for our move and yall know it. Dennis Thomas was the reason and what did people really expect us to do? Go D2 and join the CIAA? Join the SWAC? Just like our white AD...We had a black one first that couldn't get the job done so we hired our next best option. We have to keep OUR head above water as we aren't responsible for members of the MEAC or Big South. I'm all for BLACK EXCELLENCE! Been around black everything all my life and even I understand that every decision isn't going to make me comfortable.

Right people don't wanna talk about when we had a Black AD and we were losing in Football. Or when we had a kid die. Or we had a low apr. Or we were losing money and not getting paid for being in classics.

We get a white AD , winning in all sports and now it's an issue

Right people don't wanna talk about when we had a Black AD and we were losing in Football. Or when we had a kid die. Or we had a low apr. Or we were losing money and not getting paid for being in classics.

We get a white AD , winning in all sports and now it's an issue
Sounds like your school hired a figure-head, an inept "homeboy," or dumb frat-boy hookup in the "athletic director" position irrespective of his or her skin color. Correct? *sounds eerily familiar to us @ PVNation*

Naturally, I am a firm believer that success in leadership has a downhill effect so obviously, whomever was responsible for bringing in and fully supporting former coach Broadway AND his staffers/support personnel should be lauded. It also appears that coach Washington and staff did not allow mediocrity to enter your program as well, as evidenced by the maintenance of success former IC & OOC success.

I give you wannabe's a hard time on the web but I do want you guys to be successful in that financially based moved (budget $$$/travel time IC). It's never personal when it comes to $$$ - strictly business. Just don't slip like TnSU has and become THE new laughing-stock of our HBCU world and legacy.

Last edited:
Sounds like your school hired a figure-head, an inept "homeboy," or dumb frat-boy hookup in the "athletic director" position irrespective of his or her skin color. Correct? *sounds esrily familiar to us @ PVNation*

Naturally, I am a firm believer that success in leadership has a downhill effect so obviously, whomever was responsible for bringing in and fully supporting former coach Broadway AND his staffers/support personnel should be lauded. It also appears that coach Washington and staff did not allow mediocrity to enter your program as well, as evidenced by the maintenance of success former IC & OOC success.

I give you wannabe's a hard time on the web but I do want you guys to be successful in that financially based moved (budget $$$/travel time IC). It's never personal when it comes to $$$ - strictly business. Just don't slip like TnSU has and become THE new laughing-stock of our HBCU world and legacy.
Not sure if he was responsible for the hire of Coach Broadway in 2011, but Earl was positioned as interim AD in 2010. But before he was appointed to the position, our Athletic situation was SOMETHING ELSE! I also like the direction he wants to take our programs in. We just take entirely toooo damn long to make facility upgrades!

2 Esdras 6:9

Sounds like your school hired a figure-head, an inept "homeboy," or dumb frat-boy hookup in the "athletic director" position irrespective of his or her skin color. Correct? *sounds esrily familiar to us @ PVNation*

We definitely were hiring people on names and knowing such and such.It's been a ride. 10 years ago we were 0-27 and losing to a D2 school. New leadership at the top finally got us on the right path

And a sincere appreciation for your statement. And honestly although we talk shit to each other it's still HBCUs vs Everyone

We definitely were hiring people on names and knowing such and such.It's been a ride. 10 years ago we were 0-27 and losing to a D2 school. New leadership at the top finally got us on the right path

And a sincere appreciation for your statement. And honestly although we talk shit to each other it's still HBCUs vs Everyone
Oh, I'm gonna' talk it. I talk it towards PV at times knowing damned well we should and could be doing much, much better than we are, considering location and what we offer. JSU has the formula (across the board) I know will be successful and it pisses me that we have an airhead homeboy hookup as "athletic director" @ PV. His unqualified self is taking credit for previously established and built programs he had nothing to do with when he attempts to speak "we" and "us." Commish cup just came to PV a few months ago and airhead is basking in the limelight yet he cannot understand how 12 alums with > 25+ year season pass holders will not renew under his regime. The leadership dumbassery...

Oh, I'm gonna' talk it. I talk it towards PV at times knowing damned well we should and could be doing much, much better than we are, considering location and what we offer. JSU has the formula (across the board) I know will be successful and it pisses me that we have an airhead homeboy hookup as "athletic director" @ PV. His unqualified self is taking credit for previously established and built programs he had nothing to do with when he attempts to speak "we" and "us." Commish cup just came to PV a few months ago and airhead is basking in the limelight yet he cannot understand how 12 alums with > 25+ year season pass holders will not renew under his regime. The leadership dumbassery...

Don't let that "airhead" stop y'all from supporting your university panth. I know its hard to give when you have inept leadership at the helm. We've all been there. Trust me a change will eventually come.

Instead of the back and forth insults. Hampton and A&T did what was best for them and we need to respect that. They are still our HBCU's! They want the FCS Playoffs and let's respect them for that. Wish them much success.

Just because people criticize them for their choices doesn't mean we think they aren't HBCUs.

But we need to get off this kumbaya "we can't call a spade a spade" just because they're HBCUs (especially when ignoring DECADES of evidence that prove the opposite concerning the FCS Playoffs).

By the way, I posted the link to the TV schedule showing how them wanting the playoffs cost them TV time (which will cost them exposure and money). They came in here swinging wildly at the air all hurt and **** with NO respect for my alma mater (that THEIR coach graduated from) or the SWAC for OUR choice.

But (once again) kumbaya...

Last edited:
Instead of the back and forth insults. Hampton and A&T did what was best for them and we need to respect that. They are still our HBCU's! They want the FCS Playoffs and let's respect them for that. Wish them much success.

I am looking forward to an awesome year of HBCU football. Good luck Hampton and A&T!

Lol nah Hamptonā€™s BLACK AD said ā€œAll lives Matterā€ they built a little different over therešŸ˜‚ IDK the real reason for their move, but I donā€™t believe it was for the playoffs.

Just because people criticize them for their choices doesn't mean we think they aren't HBCUs.

But we need to get off this kumbaya "we can't call a spade a spade" just because they're HBCUs (especially when ignoring DECADES of evidence that prove the opposite concerning the FCS Playoffs).

By the way, I posted the link to the TV schedule showing how them wanting the playoffs cost them TV time (which will cost them exposure and money). They came in here swinging wildly at the air all hurt and **** with NO respect for my alma mater (that THEIR coach graduated from) or the SWAC for OUR choice.

But (once again) kumbaya...
Yea..I donā€™t wana ā€˜kumbayaā€™ moment with you eitherāœŠšŸ¾ Shit you been a hater since Iā€™ve been on this forum. I donā€™t remember criticizing the SWAC for any choice bucko...

Schools are doing what is best for them. The landscape of college football is changing,and that change will be a domino effect on the entire athletic department. Hopefully A&T and Hampton is doing what is best for them. I have said this on the forum before if you don't think schools are doing what is best for them behind closed doors you are sadly mistaken.
I hope that if SU had better options long term we would do what's best for SU, before the conference. I know people may not like that statement, but it's the truth

What's special about your game being tape delayed at 10pm on Saturday night?

NOTHING.....

Folks forget Football is not the only sport these schools play. If folks are going to play the what benefit this or that does-you have to look at the overall picture.

Are more teams willing to play a school OOC from Big South where before Covid had 8 out of 11 teams with winning records (10 had winning records before conference play) or one where you MIGHT get 1 or have every team with a losing OOC record.

They are playing in conference only 3 states versus 6-8 in the MEAC.

If SWAC and MEAC folks have issues with Hampton and others leaving-look at your conferences. Aside from being HBCU what else is there? We can be just as toxic as a PWC. We got Deon, Lindsay, Johnny and whoever-AND??? If folks are still going to PWC and taking the abuse-that means SOMETHING is not right at HBCUs.

Back