K'Hari Lane waiting for an offer than may never come

This is why Hughes and his staff raid texas,louisiana, and bama....yall don't have to deal with aggressive jucos. Juco coaches tried to get javancy for four years.

I'm from Jackson MS I played football baseball and track. Southern gave me a partial scholarship. But I was recruited lightly in football by several jucos. It so ironic when people (coaches) talk down on the swac when there juco coaches. This one coach I'm talking about ALL of y'all know. Coach Hughes use to talk down on the swac when he was coaching at Hinds juco. He use to say " don't go swac" but look where he at j st. Smh that's so ironic, God puts you in places for you to b humbled. All I'm saying never look down on people because you never know where you will end up!!
Isn't that something?

So what is his style? Disciplinary?
His style as a recruiter, he would b at every practices. At the time he would talk to Darryl Jones or Lewis Tilliam about what type of kid you are. Then once he finds out who offered you like Southern Alcorn etc.... He would sell you a dream about if you came to Hinds he would make sure you go somewhere better. As a disciplinary I don't know I didn't play 4 him but my cousin did. My cousin was an All American back then he had offers from Southern Bama St Albany St and Arkansas st. Coach Hughes sold him a dream don't go Swac speech go to Arkansas St they play Virginia Tech first game that would be some exposure for you. In a nutt shell Coach Hughes thinks his better than the Swac!! That handshake with Coach Spady was pure cockiness! Smh

In MS these HS coaches encourage these kids to go JUCO before "settling" for an HBCU. One prominent coach here in MS said that when it comes to advising his players, it's FBS first, JUCO 2nd and 3rd a white D2 school like Delta State, and then schools like JSU.
Added one for you.

I'm from Jackson MS I played football baseball and track. Southern gave me a partial scholarship. But I was recruited lightly in football by several jucos. It so ironic when people (coaches) talk down on the swac when there juco coaches. This one coach I'm talking about ALL of y'all know. Coach Hughes use to talk down on the swac when he was coaching at Hinds juco. He use to say " don't go swac" but look where he at j st. Smh that's so ironic, God puts you in places for you to b humbled. All I'm saying never look down on people because you never know where you will end up!!

And thats part of the reason why he aint doing shit at JSU.

So this kids patience and gamble paid off. Say what yall want, I respect what he did. If the offer never came, he could have always circled back to a lower level program.

I'm glad to hear it has worked out for the young man. At eighteen years of age you're never sure if you're making the right decision or not.

I'm pretty sure he got players that can refute that statement
But dez's truth is his reality, Nasty. Sounds like your hc boy is foul, imho. And put the word to your hc that if coach Simmons extends his hand in friendly shake and Hughes becomes belligerent, he's gonna' take a walk on the Willie Simmons kicked your ass on and off the field of play tour lol. Shotgun don't play that shat. :D

Back