Just Curious...

nevaehinvesting

Ok! What about MT. 7:21- 23. Want to discuss it?

Hold up my brother you have to start in Verse 1. What you have done is to disprove your own statements. That's why I selected certain Parables, that Jesus taught. These Parables, will always tear down the idea of ?Once saved always saved, a person has a right to believe what they want to, a person has a right to worship as they please. These people did what "they thought was right" Jesus. turn around and says no you are wrong.

You, have to admit according to the scriptures: a person do not have the right to, believe, worship or think the the way they want to and be saved.

Lets look at Predestination:

You said Lakewood Church - was Predestine. Well let?s see what God, said. I ask for Bible - Verse and Chapter.

There was only one (1) Church ever Predestine and it was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost. Joel, {2:1-32} speaks about the establishment of the Church. His prophecy is fulfilled in {Acts 2:1-47} It clearly states that the church, will be established in Jerusalem. Was your church established or can Lakewood, trace it's origin back to Jerusalem? If not ? why not.

Yes, He {God} was planning for a church before the foundation of the world. It was not Lakewood or any other church that was founded after the day of Pentecost.

He was also planning:

The Kingdom ? Mt. 25:34
A Savior ? 1 Peter 1:18 ? 20, Rev. 13:8
Choosing the elect ? Eph. 1:4; Job 38:4

What is the church he is referring to? The question you must ask yourself. Biblically, what is the oldest church? The only way to do this is to study the history of the church. Do you agree or not that the church started on the day of Pentecost, the first century, beginning of the New Testament. If you are in agreement, why not learn about it and duplicate it in name, doctrine and practice? This would not be the ?creating? of a new church. It would be the duplicating of the original.

Now it?s my time to ask the questions:

To whom does the church belong?

What are the specifications of the church?

Does the church that Jesus built today? If so what is the name of it. If not what happen to it.

How is the church organized?
========================================

Blacknbengal

Sorry, no rebates here. The only thing nevaehinvesting, has been doing is quoting scriptures, without application. Most of his statements has been based on opinions not bibical authoriity or sound theology.

H,

I honestly Love You man, with the Love of God as my brother in Christ and I believe that you will try your best to represent for Jesus according to how you know how, as you should.;) I'll do my best to do the same and stay within the Will of God, as I should.

I believe we're both in the "One True Church", or "Body of Christ" and have "hearts for God" but I also believe that we are different body parts. One Body, Different Parts. Go ahead and represent the arms, I'll do the feet, BlackBengal can do the legs, docmump can represent the fingers. We ALL have our different jobs according to the purpose of Him who put us here, so when our discussions began to go in vain circles:argue: over the different body parts of the church, egos, etc.. just remember, we're different. Same Chruch, different parts.
God has shown me through this discussion that He is so awesome that He can have an arm that thinks differently than a leg, a hand that thinks differently than a foot, a neck that thinks differently than an elbow, but at the same time have all of them make up one Body that works just fine, according to His Will. Wisdom is ending this particular discussion for now but I'm sure we'll talk again soon.

Let's keep saving the world for Jesus!:)
y'alls brother in Christ,
nevaehinvesting

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
nevaehinvesting

"I'm not intending this to an arguement, we're just constructively talking." Now it has turn into "vain circles". That normally happens when suffer defeat.

I do not intend prolong this discussion or disrespect you or anyone else.

Do you really believe "we're both in the "One True Church", or "Body of Christ"?

Personally, I do not and I never will. I am not spiritually part of or affiliated with your denomination, congregation, or governing body. Our doctrine, method of worship, trustworthiness in God and belief is different, although you use the same bible as we do. God, through the scriptures has shown you, that your understanding of His word is not in accordance with His teachings. Now, would you make this same statement to the Mormons, Jehovah Witness, Druids or Catholics? You may say yes, for the sake of the readers. But, deep down inside the answer more than likely is no.

So you attend Lakewood Church? Now, I understand why you have certain beliefs, your knowledge / application of the word. I have read, listen to and dissected Osteen, Sr. and Jr., sermons. This maybe to strong for you. But, I am looking at this from a biblical point of view. They are both great storytellers, point blank. Joel, more so than his father. Seriously, 99% of the time Joel is telling a story about something or someone from his childhood. Jesus told Peter to "feed the sheep". Now, that would be hard if the shepherd has nothing to feed them other than shortstories. In the preaching field, we call it picking the meat of the bones. It called biblical application.

According to Lakewood's web Page.

Founded by the late John Osteen, includes classic sermons by the late founder and sermons by son Joel, Family Life Institute, ministries, news and events, and more.

The key word is "Founded by John Osteen". According to my bible, Jesus founded the Church, true or false. Again, with that being true, he has the right to set the standards. Since Jesus, founded the church and it was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost {statement of fact}. How can you or anyone else follow Osteen, based on that alone - this separates us doctrinally? If we are separated doctrinally, it is medically and theological impossible for us to be part of the same body. That's a lesson from Genesis 1-31. Since, Osteen, is the founder. Why not call it Osteen Memorial or Osteen Church? You agreed that Jesus, was the head and founder of the Church. Why not attend and worship the church he founded?

Suggested Reading:

That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; Eph. 4:14

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 2 Tim 4:3

20 wherefore if ye were dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

22 Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men?

23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

okey, okey,....

My comments...short and sweet...in layman terms...

"Once saved, always saved..."

I believe it with all my heart, because ONCE you're saved, then you want to do right because ONCE you learn to fellowship via the love of Christ, you will always want to do right, so WHEN (cause we all still sin, just some of us less than before) you give way to the wiles of the devil, you have a route to take ...you know, "confess your sins..." (and not to a priest), and pray for forgiveness.!!! You will be chastised out of Love, because The Father loves his children. Why is confession important? God wants YOU to know that you acknowledge wrong-doing. It is part of the learning process.... Exercising this faith "muscle" will strengthen you to get to the point where the next time you are even in a similar situation, you can remember and THANK GOD for his countless blessings and ultimate deliverance!!!

It is more than a belief, it is a lifestyle!

Mercy and Grace!!!

God demands justice for sin. It is the Law.

Without the shedding of blood, there can be no remission of sin!

So, those of us on this side of Calvary [Christians] have the remarkable ability of CHOOSING whether or not we want to be saved. The whole beauty of it all! You are not forced. You are given a choice. Once you understand the concept, why would you want to go back AND STAY THERE?

Wow, didn't expect the thread to do so well, I thank each one for their views. I must say that your comments were well thought and discussed. Carry on, I eager to read more.

Originally posted by BluBlood
Wow, didn't expect the thread to do so well, I thank each one for their views. I must say that your comments were well thought and discussed. Carry on, I eager to read more.

WHAT!!!! READ MORE????!!!!!!?????

To answer docmump question. Yes, I am a Minister / Preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I come from a long line of preachers, mostly Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ and Pentecostal. In fact if anyone live in the Detroit or Inkster, Mi. area.

Greater Grace Temple (O.G.H.M.)
24111 Koths Street
Taylor, Michigan 48180

O.G. Hayes Memorial.

Dr. H

Interesting...

Everytime I was ready to post, there was another comment made that peaked my interest or made me think in favor or against the comments.

So, all I to say is:

God has given us a guide to follow.
Only you can save you, no matter what "human", pastors, ministers, male or female tell you, teach you or preach you.

God and only God will make the final decision on your salvation and rights to the Kingdom. I've said it time and time again on this forum. I'm so glad salvation is left up to God and not you and I.

I won't pin verse vs. verse in the Bible. I'll continue to read and interpret in a way that only God knows I truly understand and that's through my actions and prayers to him. It's a great feel'n knowing He walks and talks with me everyday, all day.

Hopefully he's walk'n and talk'n to you too and you don't have to argue who's right or wrong or more right or wrong.

Some things, thanks to the grace of God...you just know.

Re: Interesting...

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman
Everytime I was ready to post, there was another comment made that peaked my interest or made me think in favor or against the comments.

So, all I to say is:

God has given us a guide to follow.
Only you can save you, no matter what "human", pastors, ministers, male or female tell you, teach you or preach you.

God and only God will make the final decision on your salvation and rights to the Kingdom. I've said it time and time again on this forum. I'm so glad salvation is left up to God and not you and I.

I won't pin verse vs. verse in the Bible. I'll continue to read and interpret in a way that only God knows I truly understand and that's through my actions and prayers to him. It's a great feel'n knowing He walks and talks with me everyday, all day.

Hopefully he's walk'n and talk'n to you too and you don't have to argue who's right or wrong or more right or wrong.

Some things, thanks to the grace of God...you just know.

Thank you aamuprettywoman. I agree with most of what you posted.
The only thing i dont agree with is "only you can save you". I cant even save myself. Only God can Save. It is up to you to except or reject.

Not trying to start another conversation.:D

Back