JSU's 2004 football schedule SWAC-heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Tigerpride
We have never had a problem with this before....and why should it matter how much they give us??? How much do we give them??

TP, you just made a statement without any knowledge of fact. Your school have issues just as other schools, but you don't know it. Often time things comments are posted based on the final product rather than what it took to get the final product.

Originally posted by MightyDog
TP, you just made a statement without any knowledge of fact. Your school have issues just as other schools, but you don't know it. Often time things comments are posted based on the final product rather than what it took to get the final product.

But as long as I like the final product, what is the problem?? It's the AD's JOB to deal with what every other AD in the nation deals with.

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior

If this is true, JSU, Texas Southern, Alcorn, and UAPB need to all sit down at the same table and disuss switching the dates. Alcorn and JSU need to play on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That's the only game that would be able to draw that weekend being up against the Bayou Classic.

This may not be so easy because sometimes Date for classics are booked years in advance. That might create a problem for existing contracts for hotels, ballrooms, etc..

Yeah, Mighty Dog. Because of the 9 game mandate, we got a game with Tx. Southern, and we're trying to figure out when we gonna play it.

As for playing PWCs, it's easier to play them at the beginning of the season because our conference schedules almost always take up the last 7-9 games. Same goes for out of conference HBCUs. There are some exceptions, though.

MD, it is typically a rule (or a preference) to play your non-conference schedule in the first 2-3 weeks. For example, I think that it would be a good idea for JSU to play MS Valley in a Labor Day Classic every year but both schools think that Labor Day is to early to risk a conference loss.

JSU and PV might also want to look at similar avenues if we want this to work. The only problem I have is that JSU and PV will only work if PV become competive again or we play PV in a classic (ie the Jackson State University...I mean...Chicago Classic) If this works we need to get creative. JSU could get 10K fans into Memorial and make just as much as we would if we played a Classic somewhere.

This can work but we need to get creative.

TP, you would be suprised at what PV could draw playing a school like JSU in a classic game in Chicago. There is a stong PV presence in the Greater Chicago area and they would love to see their team play there. Most of them only get to see them during homecoming when they return to the Hill for it, but a lot of them don't make it and would very much support this. PV being competitive has nothing to do with how they will draw in certain areas of the country. Look at how successful the State Fair Classic has been in Dallas against GSU and PV hasn't been competitive. Just like MD, I got the impression that you would like to pick and choose what Swac schools you would want to play for drawing power only. The conferance is just as strong for the little guys as it is for the powerhouses. But just like everyone else here seems to agree on that a 9 game mandate during a 11 game season is bad business for the conferance schools and for the SCG. I haven't seen any other conferances that has 10 or more teams mandate that they play every team in the conferance. Most have a rotation of certain schools off the schedule but maintains those common rivalrys that are fruitfull for the schools and the conferance.

Originally posted by Fiyah
Just like MD, I got the impression that you would like to pick and choose what Swac schools you would want to play for drawing power only.

Where would anyone get this idea from?? I am a strong supporter of a SOLID 4+3. I don't think JSU needs SU and GSU to survive. The main thing I want is schedule flexibility and at JSU, we can have that. I just feel that we are being slighted in this whole process. I want to play 7 SWAC schools and 4 non-conference games. So why you thought I wanted to pick and choose is beyond me.

...and Fiyah, I hope that you saw the word OR behind competitive. Just making sure that you did not miss anything else.

Originally posted by Fiyah
Most have a rotation of certain schools off the schedule but maintains those common rivalrys that are fruitfull for the schools and the conferance.

This may be the root of all evil especially if JSU, SU and Gram are behind this. This 9-game mandate is the only way to preserve these games. Aside from the games with the aformentioned schools with Alcorn, all other rivalries are protected.

Fiyah, I don't think TP is aware of what he is saying. ADs do discuss schedules to make the system work. As we continue to move forward in the SWAC, the former Big Three are slowly recognizing that they can no longer dictate what other schools must do to satisfy them.

Fiyah, I don't think TP is aware of what he is saying. ADs do discuss schedules to make the system work. As we continue to move forward in the SWAC, the former Big Three are slowly recognizing that they can no longer dictate what other schools must do to satisfy them.

Well Mighty Dog, they are doing a poor job because we still have schools with incomplete schedules or schedules that have UAPB playing Alcorn after the JSU game. Had this been planned properly, they could have had this ironed out. Of course the AD's have to talk but you also have the majority of the AD's against this so that may be causing some problems as well as they all try to lock in the best games possible because of this mess.

And as far as the Big Three dictating to the other teams, I don't see it stopping. As I read the dialogue, this is all due to the cowardice of the Big Three coaches and the desire to make sure that the core of the SWAC (JSU, Alcorn, SU, and Gram) always play each other. This is also because of the Bayou Classic. While I feel those games are what keeps the SWAC above water, it still does not change wrong into right. I have decided not to worry about this because I am sure the logic will prevail in the end. Playing 9 games and having a SCG is simply illogical. This conference just makes things up as they go along. We need a stong leader in the SWAC office or we need strong leaders at JSU, Alcorn, SU and Gram.

Tp, this is where the SWAC Office need to step in and make a ruling to assist JSU with making our a good schedule. What I am trying to make clear is that the former big three will no longer dictate to the SWAC Office. Taking this action was the first step in moving our conference forward. No matter how you look at it the former big three plus one, do not have the votes to dictate anything.

The vote now will be 6-4 or 7-3 on all major issues.

Tp, this is where the SWAC Office need to step in and make a ruling to assist JSU with making our a good schedule. What I am trying to make clear is that the former big three will no longer dictate to the SWAC Office. Taking this action was the first step in moving our conference forward. No matter how you look at it the former big three plus one, do not have the votes to dictate anything.

The vote now will be 6-4 or 7-3 on all major issues.

MD, I don't care what you say...the Bayou Classic is running this conference. JSU and Alcorn are next. The rest of you are just glad to be here. The SWAC office has no business doing an AD's job.

MD, I don't care what you say...the Bayou Classic is running this conference. JSU and Alcorn are next.

Why do you post such things, and then wonder why you are labeled as you are?

:smh:

Originally posted by AAMU Alum
Why do you post such things, and then wonder why you are labeled as you are?

:smh:

Man, please...without the Bayou Classic, we would not even be having this conversation. That is what Thrilla was even suggesting when he asked why JSU would not leave the conference and go independent. This conference is fit to benefit SU and Gram...The Bayou Classic helps the SWAC as a whole so I won' t knock it but it is the truth.

Man, please...without the Bayou Classic, we would not even be having this conversation. That is what Thrilla was even suggesting when he asked why JSU would not leave the conference and go independent. This conference is fit to benefit SU and Gram...The Bayou Classic helps the SWAC as a whole so I won' t knock it but it is the truth.

I wasn't talking about your reference to the BC. I meant your reference to you and Alcorn. I think deep down, you knew how foolish it was. That's why you didn't mention it in your above post.

I wasn't talking about your reference to the BC. I meant your reference to you and Alcorn. I think deep down, you knew how foolish it was. That's why you didn't mention it in your above post.

LOL...quite the contrary. I actually did not see what all you highlighted. JSU and Alcorn along with Gram and SU are the core of the SWAC. I only listed them as next because of the Bayou Classic and its influence on our decision making. However, JSU and Alcorn are attendance leaders and have most of the championships in the SWAC along with Gram and SU. Alcorn also has a lot more name recognition and gets more classic invites than AAMU or any of the other non-big three schools.

A lot of what is going on is intended to bring JSU down to you all's level....it won't happen because we are Jackson State and you are not.

A lot of what is going on is intended to bring JSU down to you all's level....it won't happen because we are Jackson State and you are not.

Just whose level are you referring to, tarzan? We haven't gone 2-10 with the best team in BCF What's bringing you down is your administration, and that man you call a coach. Your pitiful showing is no reflection on anyone but you.

However, JSU and Alcorn are attendance leaders and have most of the championships in the SWAC along with Gram and SU.

More past history. What has any of that done for your program as of late? Why didn't it keep you from being the 2-10 program you were in 2003? What has it done to keep you from being the laughing stock of BCF?

More past history. What has any of that done for your program as of late? Why didn't it keep you from being the 2-10 program you were in 2003? What has it done to keep you from being the laughing stock of BCF?

Is has caused both teams to whoop you in all major sports 80-90% of the time in the past 5 years. I know you want to focus on 2003 so go ahead and post 2-10 here.

Is has caused both teams to whoop you in all major sports 80-90% of the time in the past 5 years. I know you want to focus on 2003 so go ahead and post 2-10 here.

Another Lynch St. lie!

Again, your past history has done nothing for you in this decade, or the last three years of the previous one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back