JSU Tentative 2018 Football Schedule

Jsu Sonic Boom

9/1 University Southern Mississippi Hattiesburg , Mississippi Projected pay $ 325,000.00

9/8 Tennessee State University Memphis, Tennessee Projected pay $ 350,000.00

9/15 Florida A & M University Atlanta OR Tallahassee

9/22 Open

9/29 Alabama A & M University Jackson, Mississippi

10/6 University Arkansas Pine Bluff Pine Bluff, Arkansas

10/13 Mississippi Valley State Jackson, Mississippi

10/20 North Alabama University Mobile, Alabama or Jackson, Ms

10/27 Southern University Baton Rouge

11/3 Prairie View A & M Jackson, Mississippi

11/10 Alabama State University Montgomery, Alabama

11/17 Alcorn State Lorman, Mississippi

If this schedule is accurate, justice was done by dismissing the former AD. That home schedule is one of the worse I've seen in JSU's history. No home game until almost October and three home games?! That's ridiculous.

What is wrong with the schedule? I dont agree with playing FBS schools but aside from that, I think it's good. The only thing up for debate here are the USM and North Alabama games. The rest are set by others. TNState is yearly and The FAMU game is the game they owed us.

The UNA game is huge! This will be UNA’s entrance year into the FCS division. They will bring a boat load of talented D-2 recruited players to their FCS conference. A&M and Bama State should look to schedule UNA in the future.

What is wrong with the schedule? I dont agree with playing FBS schools but aside from that, I think it's good. The only thing up for debate here are the USM and North Alabama games. The rest are set by others. TNState is yearly and The FAMU game is the game they owed us.

We owed them a game.

I see one thing right about the schedule; they dropped non-conference opponent, Grambling.

GSU and JSU could not work out a mutual date. GSU is having a hard time with dates and only have 10 games. They owe us a non-conference home game and they will return it within a specified time like we are doing with FAMU or pay a penalty.

Last edited:
GSU and JSU could not work out a mutual date. GSU is having a hard time with dates and only have 10 games. They owe us a non-conference home game and they will return it within a specified time like FAMU did or pay a penalty.

We didn’t owe you a home game tho...we came to you in 2014...now maybe we owed you a game since we never got our return home game from you all(which we all assumed would be last year to open the season).

When we started the JSU home and home, we still owed Samford and Coastal Carolina home games in rotating years.

We didn’t owe you a home game tho...we came to you in 2014...now maybe we owed you a game since we never got our return home game from you all(which we all assumed would be last year to open the season).

When we started the JSU home and home, we still owed Samford and Coastal Carolina home games in rotating years.

I said it the wrong way... LOL We owed FAMU a game.

Looks like a good competitive schedule to me.....

I dont see a problem with it. Some people get the impression that you make money off home games as if home games are FREE....lol They would be surprised how much it costs to host a home game and if you are not getting at least 15K fans you rally not making any money off a home game.

Games like TNState and USM are close enough for our fans to enjoy. (Although I would have passed on the USM game and opened our season at home). Our fans would love a trip to ATL, im sure but the logistics of that game is hanging over us. I think we will end up in Tallahassee and I have no problem with that.

The only reason it’s not the PV game is because that’s SR night... the last home game of the year. Homecoming has been this weekend for the last couple of years.

I dont see a problem with it. Some people get the impression that you make money off home games as if home games are FREE....lol They would be surprised how much it costs to host a home game and if you are not getting at least 15K fans you rally not making any money off a home game.

Games like TNState and USM are close enough for our fans to enjoy. (Although I would have passed on the USM game and opened our season at home). Our fans would love a trip to ATL, im sure but the logistics of that game is hanging over us. I think we will end up in Tallahassee and I have no problem with that.
Red flags should be raised anytime Jrock agrees with anything JSU-related. That schedule is terrible. I can't remember the last time JSU has had only three home games.

Back