James Bell ... Your Savior?

Originally posted by SU Jag 79
Translation: Kent's going to be on his ass .... A LOT! What if the defense don't give you SHAT!

I don't know about anyone else, but I knew of Richardson. When SU pasted WSSU in Shreveport, Richardson told their newspaper that that would never happen again. Then, he preceded to lead the Rams to some major victories (all things considered ..... it was the CIAA.)

Markham .... I believe you are speaking of .... was not a choice of mine personally and I really don't believe the majority of SU supporters wanted him anyway. They wanted another man who had SU connections and supposedly could light it up ..... The Gunslinger Archie Cooley. Our Chancellor Delores Spikes (I love this woman) blocked this from what had happened to Cooley at another school (probably violations) and looked upon my boy Richardson.

The difference is that y'all try to make Bell sound like he is the one who is destined to bring JSU back, yet none of you knew(or at least mentioned him here) of the man until Alexander trotted his name out there in the Ledger.
So what...........none of this means anything....not a damn thing. We dont care. I dont care if he came to Jackson from the moon. I dont care if he left a klan rally to come to JSU. He is here now.

What you need to start worrying about is a coach that knows football. Hughes didnt know a damn thing, but managed to stomp SU. Now we have a real coach a real tactitian and a real recruiter with real facilities. You need to worry about whether SU will EVER beat JSU again. You are so far behind us at this point its ridiculous.

You are right, we will wait and see.

I think you know what is about to happen. If you couldnt beat Hughes you are in trouble.

Originally posted by Dances wit Wolves:
Kent is still going to be his spectacular self, but he is not going to be asked to stand in the pocket and wait for people to come open 15-20 yards downfield. We are going to give him a lot of easy stuff to do mixed in with the long pass. The 5 and 7 step drops will be minimized. We are going to quickly get the ball in the hands of people like Chris Jones and Tim Manning and let them make plays with their feet instead of Kent waiting on them to get open and have to make a play with his arm(all the time).

There are going to be a lot of RBs swinging out of the backfield, short passes, and running plays. Just because we say we are going to run the ball more, that doesnt mean the offense wont be as lethal. This year you are going to have to worry about more than just Kent. You will have to worry about Manning, Jones, Lee, Cox, Rodgers, Gordon, and Ross. No longer can you prepare just for kent.

I would much rather have it this way and I hear Kent appreciates it too.

You tell em dances, you tell em.

I don't mean to toot my own horn but,

What will be the telling tale will be if Bell allows Kent to Unleash it. I seem to remember him talking about wanting to run the ball more. That would nullify your main advantage right there: Kent.

After two games, was I right GR?

BTW, like you said earlier in this thread
What good is experienced WR's if there is no QB to THROW it to them?
You have the QB (no doubt), but the THROW part is missing, huh GR and Laughia?

Back